Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089633 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #3090 on: October 07, 2012, 09:16:45 am »

Well, I wasn't dissapointed at least, I hadn't expected it to work at all. it did manage to work for a few seconds  ingame though, so hurray.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: October 07, 2012, 09:40:13 am »

I have noticed that despite the AMS being stripped away from it, with the much higher pops because of server consolidation, the Galaxy is still being used very often as a shuttle to the frontlines and for hotdrops. Which is great because, as we all know, Hotdrops are awesome.

It's not used nearly as much though and it's still hard to get people to get on a galaxy. Only time you'll ever be able to manage a full one is with an organized group. Used to be I could land and at LEAST get enough for the turrets within a couple of minutes of waiting at the warpgate. Even if I could get that now it's almost useless, since a few light machine gun turrets aren't going to do much, and a hot drop of 4 people isn't all that impressive.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: October 07, 2012, 09:40:27 am »

NC right???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: October 07, 2012, 09:44:28 am »

Hmm, looks like X plays PS2 too. Still my favorite youtuber. If you ever see Davidr64, offer him a magic school bus ride.
Server?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: October 07, 2012, 09:52:28 am »

I have noticed that despite the AMS being stripped away from it, with the much higher pops because of server consolidation, the Galaxy is still being used very often as a shuttle to the frontlines and for hotdrops. Which is great because, as we all know, Hotdrops are awesome.

It's not used nearly as much though and it's still hard to get people to get on a galaxy. Only time you'll ever be able to manage a full one is with an organized group. Used to be I could land and at LEAST get enough for the turrets within a couple of minutes of waiting at the warpgate. Even if I could get that now it's almost useless, since a few light machine gun turrets aren't going to do much, and a hot drop of 4 people isn't all that impressive.
Have you played since last patch, I mean at the Indar warpgate there are gal's constantly landing and filling up rather quickly full of randoms. Of course actually getting them to sit still and not bail at the first sign of AA is another matter entirely :/

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: October 07, 2012, 09:54:43 am »

I'm not sure when "last patch" is since they're releasing hotfixes it seems almost constantly. But I haven't played since VS and NC had the US server locked down yesterday. Even before that though, it was rare to see a galaxy that wasn't outfit controlled.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: October 07, 2012, 09:56:18 am »

Enters name for the first time...
Starts to load.
"Sorry game full"
Ok. Change Server then...
Enters name again...
"Sorry names taken"
BY ME YOU DAMN GAME YOU MADE ME REMAKE!!!
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: October 07, 2012, 09:57:28 am »

Still, if you have a rather lagre squad of people you rather play with them then simply play with a bunch of silent pubs that have no idea what they are doing.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3098 on: October 07, 2012, 10:05:37 am »

So there's still no B12 outfit, despite all the talking? I stopped reading at some point, figuring I'd only get in after the game went public. If anyone is organising anything, please let us know/update first post/create new thread...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: October 07, 2012, 10:20:53 am »

Its just because of the giant imbalance atm. Nobody really feels like playing.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: October 07, 2012, 11:07:42 am »

There was a slight stand off, I was in a tank while our two teams fired at each other over a ridge...
I was having trouble hitting them due to terrain...
I was then... "You know what, Fuck it, I'm in a tank..."
So I turned away and came back, on their side, running them down...
I blew up but there was so many Roadkills...

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3101 on: October 07, 2012, 11:59:02 am »

Why is the game imbalanced exactly? What are people so annoyed about that they don't play a free game of epic proportions? :o

Also, this game is giving me a pretty huge Klendathu Drop vibe at the moment, from Starship Troopers... I'm loving it! The battles are absolutely epic... tons of infantry running around, big armour pushes, dropships booming and zooming above. Marvellous!

I'm starting to get tired of not being able to play with anyone as a team though, which is what really makes me enjoy games :(

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: October 07, 2012, 12:32:37 pm »

I'm up for running around as a group, what server and such...

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: October 07, 2012, 12:33:16 pm »

It's not as bad now since they limited it to 2 servers, but before there were massive pop balance issues. It wasn't uncommon to see things like a 20 20 60 spread on some of the worst servers.

EDIT: Also Sensei said he's going to get the outfit back in as soon as he get's off his ass :P. US New Conglomerate as always.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: October 07, 2012, 12:49:06 pm »

Just letting you guys know that the thread OP is now in beta.

Also, which server are we playing on currently?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 826