Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089710 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3510 on: October 24, 2012, 08:02:31 am »

Has anyone else had problems with their automatic weapons not consistently firing? Holding down the mouse button on my LMG sometimes results in sporadic bursts rather than proper maintained fire.
I think there is a key that switches infantry weapons that support it from automatic to semi-automatic or manual.

To genoece:
Well, its a beta, and its noticeable. At times it can be buggy, unbalanced and unoptimized (THE LAAAG RAAAH) but despite all that, it's a really fun game. Especially if you can play it with a bunch of friendly people.

E: If you see an "Elizebeth" in the outfit, i invited her. Met her defending a base against some TR all by herself and helped her out. We kicked some vanu ass after our asses got kicked by some TR.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:48:42 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: October 24, 2012, 10:49:39 am »

I'm using the base CARV, which has no burst setting. Even if it did, there's a difference between 'defined 3, 4, or 5 round burst' and 'random, uncontrollable bursts of fire followed by occasional complete inability to keep firing for up to several seconds'.

Doesn't really matter. I don't know if it's necessarily my computer or if it's theirs, or something in between, but I have such terrible connection to their server that I literally cannot play.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:51:34 am by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: October 24, 2012, 10:49:41 am »

As for landing i realised that if you want a fast landing the best is to slow down while going downward. also looking at your minimap to see if there is *rocks* also help, also MAKE SURE you nose vector on your hud is on LEVEL (0) How many time did i see somebody trying to land with his nose either down or too high. That coupled with space on the last meter, also bailing at 1meter high isnt an issue MOST of the time, if you try to land on a slope i dont recommend, but on flat land/top its a good idea to let gravity do the last meter while you are not in.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: October 24, 2012, 11:06:48 am »

Geneoce, it's got some issues, but honestly less than I expected from a game of this scope.  After all, you've got up to 2,000 players on each map, and it's a shooter with realistic physics and projectiles on maps that take up dozens of square kilometers.  I haven't had this much fun in a shooter since the original Planetside.  All in all, I consider it a worthy successor, and an amazing game in its own right. 

Will it be "finished" in time for release?  I hope so.  I've seen a lot of major bugs gets sorted out in the few days I've been playing, and updates and hotfixes are being released daily.  Also lots of feedback on the forums from the team, which is always a good thing.  It's very ambitious, especially with the free to play model.  I hope it does well.  There are also going to be some big changes to the meta-game before release, so we'll see how that pans out.  As it is right now, I'd pay money for it.  Actually have, bought Alpha Squad, lol.  It's definitely been worth the money. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: October 24, 2012, 11:35:48 am »

realistic physics and projectiles
Then why do tank missiles have an actual explosion radius that can kill you TROUGH WALLS and rockets from HA's dont?

But for the rest, i love it too. The devs did a great job so far. Except for mayby optimization. But let's hope that will come :P

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: October 24, 2012, 11:36:19 am »

I bought the NC Heavy anti-air missile launcher (Hawk). The lock-on thing has ridiculously low range, but holy hell that thing is accurate. It's much more effective against enemy snipers and pockets of infantry than actual aircraft, but hey. So, amazing sniper rifle, lackluster missile launcher.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3516 on: October 24, 2012, 12:05:51 pm »

I have a beta key if someone would like it

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3517 on: October 24, 2012, 12:50:32 pm »

Getting on as Conall (NC, Thebe) now if anyone else is on. Did we ever get the outfit remade?

-edit- Strange, I'm back in the outfit now. Guess it never was dissolved, just bugged?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:55:56 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: October 24, 2012, 01:17:57 pm »

Getting on as Conall (NC, Thebe) now if anyone else is on. Did we ever get the outfit remade?

-edit- Strange, I'm back in the outfit now. Guess it never was dissolved, just bugged?
Probably, i got back in the outfit too.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: October 24, 2012, 01:18:32 pm »

I bought the NC Heavy anti-air missile launcher (Hawk). The lock-on thing has ridiculously low range, but holy hell that thing is accurate. It's much more effective against enemy snipers and pockets of infantry than actual aircraft, but hey. So, amazing sniper rifle, lackluster missile launcher.

Lock-on? It has lock-on?

The purchase thing for Vanu says no lock-on.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: October 24, 2012, 01:20:19 pm »

Lock-on? It has lock-on?

The purchase thing for Vanu says no lock-on.
One more reason to play NC :P

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: October 24, 2012, 01:22:50 pm »

I'm sure the Vanu version has other advantages like actually being able to damage anything, or something like that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: October 24, 2012, 01:32:53 pm »

I'm sure the Vanu version has other advantages like actually being able to damage anything, or something like that.
Or having a blast range?
They should put the grenade back in rocket proppelled grenade.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: October 24, 2012, 01:34:07 pm »

I am pretty sure the missile launchers have atleast a small blast effect. I think I've killed multiple enemies with the same shot a couple of times. But yeah it's kind of weak like that.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: October 24, 2012, 01:48:33 pm »

One more reason to play NC :P

Bitches please, TR is where it's at, sure we get all of are land zerged at the end of the day, but we always retake it. ALWAYS.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 826