Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089982 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3570 on: October 26, 2012, 09:52:16 am »

The last time I tried to put C4 on a tank I ran behind it and dropped two C4 blocks directly on the back of it and they just clipped through the tank and landed on the ground under it. Detonating them didn't even get the tank smoking.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: October 26, 2012, 03:53:01 pm »

Just a tip for anyone playing HA (or thinking HA isn't beefy enough to choose over light assault). Buy the nanite mesh generator that does damage mitigation (can't remember the name- not the adrenaline one, and DEFINITELY not the default one) This mesh generator paired with the nanoweave armor will keep you alive against multiple people firing upon you at once, with a bit of skill you can easily take out three or more opponents. You can survive multiple direct tank shells. You can cover a spawn point solo. It's literally the only way to stay on par with other HA's that know what they are doing, and it'll allow you to dominate any other HA that doesn't. I've taken out poorly piloted MBTs solo in close quarters with it.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: October 26, 2012, 04:51:54 pm »

In other news, the Sunder now only has as much armor on every facing as a main battle tank does on the front. This means it is now reasonably killable by a single HA with their entire missile capacity assuming there's nobody guarding it.
Nothing important here, move along.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: October 26, 2012, 05:15:40 pm »

In other news, the Sunder now only has as much armor on every facing as a main battle tank does on the front. This means it is now reasonably killable by a single HA with their entire missile capacity assuming there's nobody guarding it.

That would be like assuming there are NO aliens at the start of the movie Aliens.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: October 26, 2012, 05:49:25 pm »

Ever since the latest patch, my sound keeps bugging out after a few respawns. Gets to where it's not synced up right, which really screws me up since I can't hear the gunfire or hear that I'm getting shot or hear the tank rolling up behind me.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: October 26, 2012, 07:44:16 pm »

The sound bug issue is second only to the previous CTD every 3 minutes as far as bugs go to make a game unplayable. It's incredibly hard to figure out where a safe zone is when you can't hear gunfire or airplanes or cloakers or... Well, the list goes on. It does give you a reason to play with music on instead of game sounds I guess? So there's that.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: October 26, 2012, 08:08:16 pm »

Yeah the sound keeps bugging out on me too.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: October 26, 2012, 08:33:37 pm »

I still havent found the sound bug, but for the first time on the beta test im having CTD. 2 in a row, not cool, i keep saying one month till launch is madness.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: October 27, 2012, 08:31:46 am »

So with buying a new PC and finally being able to stream without it killing my PC. I present to you http://www.twitch.tv/nilocyps2

Also, my outfit nimbleMinds.eu is recruiting. We're going to be on the Eurydome server.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: October 27, 2012, 08:34:28 am »

Why isn't anybody from B12 ever online? (except for *i think* digital hellhound aka photomajig).

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: October 27, 2012, 08:38:57 am »

The institutions of learning, mostly I think.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: October 27, 2012, 10:24:42 am »

Three of us did some kicking/bekicked of VS last night. I'm usually on at night, just not every night.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: October 27, 2012, 10:59:15 am »

So with buying a new PC and finally being able to stream without it killing my PC. I present to you http://www.twitch.tv/nilocyps2

Also, my outfit nimbleMinds.eu is recruiting. We're going to be on the Eurydome server.
Same server different faction; Will look forward to shooting at you!
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: October 27, 2012, 11:57:13 am »

The sound issue seems to be fixed, but now I'm getting some kind of weird flashing light effect. After a few respawns the lighting gets bugged and starts flashing between bright and dim. It's very annoying. Glad I'm not one of those people who has seizures, it probably would have killed me by now.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: October 27, 2012, 12:04:54 pm »

Sigh, I don't know if its my skill level or lag...
But the way I seem to die while running across an open area compared to me shooting at someone doing the same thing...
I SWEAR that the X is up on them the while time I am shooting at them but damn it, every time they get to cover. I go after them and I drop a in a second...
As a HA with Nano Weave Armour on...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 826