Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089843 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4005 on: November 20, 2012, 09:35:57 pm »

The result of me trying to get on Mattheson:

Game Error G22
Malfunction:
gameError.defaultMessage

Yep. I might just play my vanu guy for a bit.

And yeah, the cert gain rate is, well... X_X

EDIT: and now, on the other server: "You have been disconnected from the server."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:39:19 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4006 on: November 20, 2012, 09:57:43 pm »

Wow, so, Queues eh?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: November 20, 2012, 11:47:12 pm »

So, played for 4 hours and gained enough certs to unlock... a reflex sight.  For 1,000 certs a gun (5,000 kills)... I don't think I'll keep interested long.  At least until my Alpha Squad SC runs out... paying $7 for one gun is a little insane.  Defended PS2 all through beta as not being Pay2Win... but now, it pretty much is.  Case in point, swarms of Scythes and Reavers with store-bought rocket pods owning everything on Amerish.  Non-paying characters have literally no counter for it. 

Played PS1 for about 4 years solid, then off and on until the present... and it seems like for PS2 they put in less than half of what they promised they would, and all of what they promised they wouldn't.  Makes me sad, honestly.  I wanted to love the game, and wanted it to do well.  Don't see it lasting long, as I can't see any casual player paying $7 for a virtual gun, and I don't see them putting in two weeks of effort to unlock one.  You think they'd have learned from the GW2 and SWTOR F2P flop that the key part of "microtransaction" is "micro."  Buying all the guns and cosmetic items would cost more than a decent used car at the moment.
If it took you THAT long to get that many Certs, your not doing it right mate...
Until the damn Crash and G22 Error I had tons of Certs. Prob double what you claimed in the same time...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: November 21, 2012, 12:03:54 am »

So is the US Outfit a thing still? If so what server did we wind up deciding on. And Still NC I presume?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: November 21, 2012, 12:23:10 am »

So, played for 4 hours and gained enough certs to unlock... a reflex sight.  For 1,000 certs a gun (5,000 kills)... I don't think I'll keep interested long.  At least until my Alpha Squad SC runs out... paying $7 for one gun is a little insane.  Defended PS2 all through beta as not being Pay2Win... but now, it pretty much is.  Case in point, swarms of Scythes and Reavers with store-bought rocket pods owning everything on Amerish.  Non-paying characters have literally no counter for it. 

Played PS1 for about 4 years solid, then off and on until the present... and it seems like for PS2 they put in less than half of what they promised they would, and all of what they promised they wouldn't.  Makes me sad, honestly.  I wanted to love the game, and wanted it to do well.  Don't see it lasting long, as I can't see any casual player paying $7 for a virtual gun, and I don't see them putting in two weeks of effort to unlock one.  You think they'd have learned from the GW2 and SWTOR F2P flop that the key part of "microtransaction" is "micro."  Buying all the guns and cosmetic items would cost more than a decent used car at the moment.
If it took you THAT long to get that many Certs, your not doing it right mate...
Until the damn Crash and G22 Error I had tons of Certs. Prob double what you claimed in the same time...

You got the G22 error also? On a side note, I think its 1 cert per every 500 exp, so yeah, it's around 5 kills per cert. So 5000 kills per gun.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: November 21, 2012, 12:36:49 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tYQL8hK0FZ4
I'm the guy that fell behind and had to catch up to revive people, don't appear on-screen though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7cU1ZfwOchE
I'm the guy flying the other plane-thing.

It was good times, playing with 15-ish other people =) good first impression at least.

Also, what gun do you want specifically? So far the default medic rifle has been fine for me.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: November 21, 2012, 01:04:42 am »

Jaeger server
Vanu Sovereignty
"Bloodstool"

Friend me, bitches.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: November 21, 2012, 01:26:18 am »

The trailer uses music from Two Steps From Hell. I just know their music style.

EDIT: The song name is The Last Stand, Though it seems modified.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:31:15 am by Roboboy33 »
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: November 21, 2012, 01:27:32 am »

Helios. Vanu. 'Micelus'.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: November 21, 2012, 02:15:35 am »

Woodsman EU, TR Outfit. "The Peacekeepers"
IGN: Plain
If anyone wants to join and be organized that'd be great.
If anyone's been playing on Woodsman, let me know, and what faction you are.
If you're TR, then maybe we can squad up sometime?
If not, then heck, hows about a little friendly match? I always enjoy getting killed by people I know!

Honestly, I've played like 3 or 4 hours and I've gotten 15 certs. I can't really see myself getting a non-default gun right now tbh. Though I'm not too phased by that part. What really gets me is this.
Non-paying characters have literally no counter for it.
I've just about started to see this come through. And it's getting to me.
Basically, my place in the game right now is pretty much just cannon fodder.
And, unless it turns out that by playing medic I can level quickly by just hiding behind someone and healing a squad without ever really fighting, then I'm just going to have to give up soon, 'cause otherwise I'll never be able to keep up.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: November 21, 2012, 02:28:24 am »

We're talking about an MMO here, people. They're trying to create value for people who, in all likelihood, are going to be putting hundreds (if not thousands) of hours into the game. Also keep in mind that there isn't anything in the way of exclusive content for paying customers, as far as I know. So you have to save for a week to upgrade your gun... big whoop.
And, unless it turns out that by playing medic I can level quickly by just hiding behind someone and healing a squad without ever really fighting, then I'm just going to have to give up soon, 'cause otherwise I'll never be able to keep up.
This is quick & dirty math, but a kill is 100XP (more for a kill streak). Resupplying a squadmate is 12XP and repairing a vehicle is 5XP. If I'm a really effective engineer, I could probably level at the same speed as a Rambo-type without ever firing a weapon. Support and cooperative tactics really do seem to give a boost in this game.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: November 21, 2012, 02:46:13 am »

I was starting to think I was the only one.
Perhaps it would be a bad idea to also state that my decision here was mostly influenced by the fact their colours are silver and red. While I prefer blue, silver and red is much nicer than blue and gold.

Well, I guess the up side to that choice is that it's so simple if I hate the TR's technology I can happily flip sides with little consequence! Mwahaha.
I forget which rank of the Roman army it was but one wore blue and gold. I saw it once on a reenactor and it is glorious. The problem is NC is blue and yellow which, to me, looks cheap. I went NC but if I'd of gone by colour I'd of gone TR too.

No other people from Europe? Me and a medium sized group of friends started as NC there.

I'm actually surprised at how well the servers are holding up.
EU here too and NC. Maybe we'll bump into each other.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: November 21, 2012, 03:13:35 am »

So I'm TR on Matherson or whatever it's called. IGN is SilentThunder. ANd because I am awful with money, I instead spent my 4000 Smedbucks on trying to create the ugliest vehicles in the game. I think I have succeeded.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: November 21, 2012, 03:26:26 am »

So are there any Bay12 Vanu outfits on the West Coast?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 04:53:34 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: November 21, 2012, 03:37:54 am »

So are there any Bay12 Vanu outfits on the West Coast.

Once I get the game downloaded again, and get back into it (probably sometime tomorrow) we can start one up if you like, along with any other Vanu Bay12ers.

I'm east coast myself, but for whatever reason (I suspect a bad routing hop somewhere around Atlanta as it affects other games as well with East coast servers). West coast servers are a lot more stable for me.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 826