Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089821 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

Yeah, I hardly use resources so it's not a big motivator for me to hold territory for them.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Wait, is everyone TR now?
I just want to team up with some B12ers on Mattherson.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I'm TR but I think my server is SolTech or something like that. It's pretty good, no lag, no queues. Lots of Vanu but we're holding our own pretty well.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm TR but I think my server is SolTech or something like that. It's pretty good, no lag, no queues. Lots of Vanu but we're holding our own pretty well.
What's your IGN? I'm on that servers as TR too, now. (Mine is SirMiauw)

E:
This server sucks tough. It sucks alot. There is no intresting fighting. Indar? Horrendously outnumbered. Amerish? Probably the same, looking at the territory control. And at Esamir we are just kicking ass.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:20:08 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Mattherson is good, but you can't have opposing guys on the same server.  I might delete my NC guy on Mattherson so I can stay and be TR.
Shoes...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just did what you said. Because i like Mattherson. What's your name?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I haven't done it yet but I'm Cfoofoo
Shoes...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once you do it, send me a friend request. Or pm ingame and i'll throw you one.
(if you do it in about half an hour, because i have to go after that.)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

What's your IGN? I'm on that servers as TR too, now. (Mine is SirMiauw)

E:
This server sucks tough. It sucks alot. There is no intresting fighting. Indar? Horrendously outnumbered. Amerish? Probably the same, looking at the territory control. And at Esamir we are just kicking ass.
Hah, I'd like to think I'm a small part of the reason why we're kicking ass on Esamir. Over the weekend we were outnumbered and outgunned by about 5% and both Vanu and NC were pushing us all the way to our main area. So all I did over the weekend was push back as best as I could, capture as many bases as possible, kill masses of purple and blue. I was on so long that I somehow became platoon leader of 20 people and could actually give orders (well, more like suggestions). I seriously have no idea how, maybe it just dropped me into one?

Good to see we're winning now.

My IGN is the same as this.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4329 on: November 26, 2012, 03:07:36 pm »

Imagine cutting through and simply cutting off their warp gates, preventing them from effectively regaining resources and drawing their attention away from the front... It'd be awesome.
Pretty much what I spent this evening doing. On Amarish the TR had higher population followed by NC and then VS. TR had almost all the way up to the VS gate and NC held only the 6-8 areas around their warp. We set out from the NC gate taking: Blackshard Tungsten Mine, East Hills Checkpoint, AuraxiCom Substation, Granite Valley Garrison, Auraxis Firearms Corp., Highroads Station. A few others got taken also but I forget. This allowed both the NC and VS to take back a lot behind us and to our sides.

We spent ages at Auraxis Firearms Corp. with lots of AA M.A.X. and HA with HAWKs. Seeing off plenty of air. Highroads Station is what broke us in the end with so much air and many tanks rolling in. Easily one of my best nights in game so far.

This was on Miller, right? Me and a couple of friends were in a push from the Bio Lab south of the NC warp gate (Onatha?) through Silver Valley Arsenal and Splitpeak Pass and then joining your group at AuraxiCom Substation. I went off to Raven Landing from Auraxis Firearms Corp., though, and got pushed back trying to take The Ascent with far too few people.

All in all, it was a really great night.

Cutting off their warpgate from most of their territory felt like a huge victory, seeing as the NC on Miller are usually hard pressed to hold our closest facilities. I feel like it should be a greater penalty to be cut off from the warp gate, something like increased spawn time (maybe 50% more time?) in cut off territories, it would make cutting off a target mean something for the current assault.

It was Miller yeah. I remember seeing Raven Landing turn on the map. We might have even bumped into each other. I have [CONZ] as my outfit tag.

Everything really fell into place well that night.

Cutting off the warpgate giving a larger penalty like that would certainly make it worthwhile. Resources still never seem that much of a concern. I have seen enemy air/vehicles run dry for a time before when defending a base for a long time but it's still not a huge concern.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

I usually play on Genudine (no queue, little lag and bugs, etc.), but I might take the time to go and move over to Mattherson by changing to VS there. I... have trouble playing NC, sometimes.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm also on Genudine, NC. Have yet to see one of these 'queues', even on launch day. And it's mostly lag-free!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile

TR on Matherson here. And no way am I leaving the TR, mostly because I went and spent all my Alpha Squas Smedbucks on the character, and its non transferrable. IGN is SilentThunder

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, Well, I'm sticking to NC on MAtherson, maybe I'll just find some other casual group to join, since it appears we're spreading thin.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Alright, looks like I won't be doing too much playing of this.
Tried doing some fighting and ended up at about 5 frames with everything on low and with render quality on 50%
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 826