Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089161 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

I was just thinking we should all buy the red camo and inflitrate TR
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you try renting o e of the weapons maybe it will appear on both classes, Nd if it does, there's your answer.

I figured out recently that medkits a d restorTion kits are unlocked between all classes for just certing it once.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's the Bay12ers density spread as far as server/faction goes right now?

I'm finally wrapping up this semester and have time to get back into PS2. I've also (re)discovered that I have horrible impulse control when my sleep schedule is erratic as I purchased a year-long subscription before realizing that I might not have enough for food this month (only semi-j/king).
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

What's the Bay12ers density spread as far as server/faction goes right now?

I'm finally wrapping up this semester and have time to get back into PS2. I've also (re)discovered that I have horrible impulse control when my sleep schedule is erratic as I purchased a year-long subscription before realizing that I might not have enough for food this month (only semi-j/king).

Judging by this, the vast majority of us are NC, mostly on Mattherson and Miller.

3. Run Resize Enable

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even after seeing that, I'm still considering going NC. :|
Nooo! Don't fall into the hands of the mainstream faction!
Fight monotony, fight the NC!
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Made an NC character on Matherson.  Sucks to start over.  I really hate the game's character system.  But I'd like to see some B12ers around.  Name is SalmonB12.

My first character is VS on Waterson named PentaGrand.

Also, I saw mention that the game cash sometimes goes on sale where you can get double or triple the amount.  Hopefully there will be a triple sale around Christmas, and I'll see if I can drop $20 on it.

Why are people talking about Blacklight Retribution in the past tense?

Blacklight -- Last I checked (also 2-3 weeks ago) the game is still up and running, but server populations were pretty low.  Not a good sign.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 06:21:24 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Even after seeing that, I'm still considering going NC. :|
Nooo! Don't fall into the hands of the mainstream faction!
Fight monotony, fight the NC!
I do so adore the big metal blocks aesthetic, though.

If I didn't go by what I like the looks of, I'd be torn between TR for the mossie and VS for the accurate guns. Also because the magrider can drive up really steep cliffs.

3. Run Resize Enable

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile

Giraffes need to be nerfed, because half the idiots I stab ask me to heal them. Durr.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, 'friendly fire' means that shooting the one enemy in the midst of a dozen allies is hard. Half those players might've spotted the 'giraffe', but been unable to get a shot off without murdering their allies.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

That never stopped me.

I still haven't been weapon-locked.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

They were just blinded by the glory of the revolution.

>.>

<.<

3. Run Resize Enable

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so, you get exp for people who spawn at your shunderer.  Now time to find the zerg and a good place for one to be located.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

Serious question time, guys, and yes, really, seriously, (no sarcasm this time).

Why does a gauss weapon need a gas compensator? Or a muzzle flash suppressor?

It seems very wrong to me.  Did SOE put any thought into the weapons they were emulating in this game? (Rhetorical question as the answer is self-evident)
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't actually know much about Vanu weapons... are they actually Gauss weapons? If so, you can handwave it as compensating for compression in the barrel due to the projectile. Assuming a sufficiently-high velocity and a partial seal between the projectile and the barrel, you'd end up with a vacuum forming behind the projectile. Once it leaves the barrel, a sudden rush of air would backfill the vacuum, resulting in a 'kick'.

Still doesn't explain flash suppression... and if the Vanu weapons are laser/energy weapons, then I have no excuses.  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 826