Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089795 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I try to balance it, and switch between farming and being useful :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

DOWN WITH SEANANNERS! DOWN WITH TOBUSCUS! LONG LIVE THE TR!
Damnit seananners.
Always taking X's glorious titles :(

So... Anybody know of any good TR outfits?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile

I think I'll try VS tonight, since I can't get myself to like the NC starter weapons. I liked the default one that comes with the Heavy Assault, though.

And in defense of starter guns: In Battlefield 2142 nobody could stop me with my beloved Krylov FA-37 AR, default PAC Assault Rifle.
My KD could easily reach 5:1 and up with that thing, if I wasn't such a rusher..
But it was awesome days anyway  :D

Anyways, I think only VS may have gun like that.

Are there any B12 VS outfits somewhere?
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A friend of mine just found out that uncerted reavers ARE effective in A2A.
Grab a reaver, find an enemy lib, fly into lib.
Enjoy certs.

Btw, is the alpha squad medic gun better than the default one? I tend to use the default one, because the alpha squad one runs out of ammo really quickly. Haven't bought any attachmens tough, so i would like to know before i do.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

A friend of mine just found out that uncerted reavers ARE effective in A2A.
Grab a reaver, find an enemy lib, fly into lib.
Enjoy certs.
I once flew an uncerted Liberator into a Reaver and survived.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, i guess you could try to flip it over and fly into one of the wings. This kind of thing seems to be very random, sometimes you'll blow up, other times you wont.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'm in an AA phalanx (wich I painstakingly fixed, these things take a lot of repairing), a liberator flies up. I unload an entire salvo until overheated, the lib casually takes every single hit then proceeds to explode my turret in two shots. Yeah sure AA, works as intended. Nerf that dalton gun already  >:(
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:04:38 pm by Jelle »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

One Phalanx won't do the job, you need at least three working together to take out one liberator before it rapes you, and before any of the turrets overheat.

Even better is if you can hit it with the AV Phalanx before it gets too close and above your line of fire.  AA gunners will love-you-long-time if you can clobber it a few times.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Are there any B12 VS outfits somewhere?

I play VS on Waterson, but I think I may be the only one.

Not playing too often right now, though.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One Phalanx won't do the job, you need at least three working together to take out one liberator before it rapes you, and before any of the turrets overheat.

Yeah... except most towers (like the Crossroads Watchtower that us NC guys often fight over) only have two AA Phalanx turrets. And they're on opposite sides of the tower.  :P

I can understand that one AA turret can't kill an ESF in a single volley - otherwise, flying near a single AA turret would mean instant death. The problem is that a properly-kitted ESF can kill the AA turret in a single volley as well. It'd be a lot more balanced if AA Phalanx turrets had a ~66% resistance to all air weapons - suddenly, ESFs can fly close to a defended location at the cost of some of their health, but they can't destroy the turret and then wreak havoc at will.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the best solution would be some sort of air shield for the aa guns. Basically make it really hard for air units to take them out. Aa should be countered by ground, not air.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The devs don't agree.

"Air should only be countered by air!".

Uuugh.
I already said my metaphor: It's like rock paper scissors, where scissors is only killed by scissors and scissors owns everything else.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Double burster AA MAXes are decent but Skyguards (stupid Lightning version... gimme my buggies back) and especially the Heavy's G2A launcher are lacking, even as deterrents. Then there's the whole not rewarding business which means nobody really wants to play AA unless they have to.

Still, a few of those MAX units + some friendly ESFs make for clear skies usually. You can also take a few shots at low flying ESFs who forget they can be hurt by small arms fire.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

I had an ESF make the mistake of trying to get really close to shoot/ram my Flash while I was travelling. I hopped out and unloaded an entire clip of ammo into him, and was surprised when it took him down to half health.

Naturally, he flew off in a hurry before I could even reload, but hey.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Always makes me laugh when a squad whole squad opens fire and takes down a mosquito or a scythe with only small arms.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 826