Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089269 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6855 on: April 10, 2013, 04:56:58 am »

I noticed that in VR, with the shotguns and extended magazines. The first magazine never comes fully loaded. No experience with it outside of VR though.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: April 10, 2013, 05:39:03 am »

Now I'd argue the Air Hammer is the best asset the reaver has.
Ah the airhammer, the reaver's one redeeming quality. <3

I noticed that in VR, with the shotguns and extended magazines. The first magazine never comes fully loaded. No experience with it outside of VR though.
I have noticed this as well. Usually when I spawn with a shotty I'll have the full magazine, but when using a terminal to resupply it'll only give me the standard of 6 rounds.

And I've got my jackhammer at last! With the airhammer in the sky and jackhammer on the ground I am unstoppable! It's hammertime!!
Now to get me that shotgun secondary for the vanguard. I'll call it the vanhammer.  :P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:41:54 am by Jelle »

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: April 10, 2013, 09:38:48 am »

And don't forget the flash shotgun the renegade, the renhammer.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: April 10, 2013, 09:51:46 am »

I've heard people say it's cool, but horrible in practice. As in, most people would usually just run folks over, without bothering to uncloak. And the 100-cert one for shooting folks in the distance.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: April 10, 2013, 10:00:15 am »

from what I know of them, the service ribbons are rewarded for a small amount of kills with a weapon, and gives a small amount of exp.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6860 on: April 10, 2013, 10:10:26 am »

You get a ribbon for every 10 kills with a specific weapon or vehicle. These kills do not need to be on the same day/session/life. There are also support ribbons for a certain amount of repairs/healing/revivals/gunner kills on vehicles you are driving, which work in the same way.

Each ribbon gives you a 250 xp bonus, essentially 1 cert. The first 5 ribbons each day also give you an additional 500 xp, 2 cert, bonus. The counter for the bonuses resets at midnight server-time.

You can see ribbon progress on the stats tab for each weapon. Note that at the moment you can only see partial progress to the next ribbon after you have completed the first one.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: April 10, 2013, 10:28:11 am »

Neat! Service medals, but better. I netted three ribbons in a little over an hour yesterday on my medical applicator- reviving people is frigging fantastic when you've certed it all the way.

Anyone else think they should turn up the revive exp reward as you put certs into the applicator? The more health your corpse-turned-comrade has when you revive 'em, the less you can make off of picking them up. 'Course, it does let you pick more people up in a short time frame, but...
One of the reasons I haven't certed my med applicator beyond a certain point :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: April 10, 2013, 10:50:38 am »

One of the reasons I haven't certed my med applicator beyond a certain point :P
I hate you.

Nah, I grabbed max rank as soon as I had the certs spare. It gives you great extra range and lets you revive and run. Makes it far easier to keep a push going longer, keep your meatshields present, keep behind cover while reviving, etc. I might lose 20xp or so from topping off each revive, but frankly that is irrelevant compared to how much longer you keep earning XP.

And even if that's all irrelevant, I revive faster than low ranked medics, so in a scramble for revive certs I'm going to win out more often. During the 2x weekend I was beating one guy out so often he TKed me. If that's not a worthwhile goal I don't know what is.

Not to mention it's a horrible idea to accept a revive from a low level medigun in an ongoing firefight. If I recognise the name of someone who revived me with less than half health I'm more likely to decline and wait for someone else to come along, unless I'm sure we are in a very secure location and they are definitely going to top me off.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: April 10, 2013, 10:54:50 am »

Don't worry tough, I have it certed up to a good point where it already revives quite quickly.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: April 10, 2013, 11:17:22 am »

I got the lowest rank. :P
Because I don't play medic except in squad gameplay.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: April 10, 2013, 11:24:18 am »

Sounds like me- I play engy a ton, but only have my repair tool 5/6 certed because blah 500 certs for that last rank.

Has anyone tried the new Indar lattice on the test server?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: April 10, 2013, 11:33:53 am »

Nope. Remind me how to acces to test server and I'll change that, I'm eager to see the change in effect.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: April 10, 2013, 11:54:04 am »

Sounds like me- I play engy a ton, but only have my repair tool 5/6 certed because blah 500 certs for that last rank.

Has anyone tried the new Indar lattice on the test server?

Test server's been pretty quiet. I think most people are either waiting for the weekend, or not bothing, since the Test client is an additional 8GB download.

Also, someone pulled this from the test server files, so in a few GUs this will be something you can buy.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: April 10, 2013, 11:55:32 am »

That looks awesome as fuck. It'll also make it easier to distinguish between unmarked friendly and unmarked hostile galaxies at night. I can't count the times I've accidently shot a friendly galaxy/lib because it was too dark to distinguish between freedom-blue and oppresion-purple.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: April 10, 2013, 11:56:24 am »

There's a test launcher.

LUMIFIBER

What's next, a lift kit for the lightning?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 826