Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089349 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6885 on: April 10, 2013, 09:46:10 pm »

So... if Purples are Elves then who could fit better as dorfs?
TR or NC?
I think I'm okay with this considering DF elves are cannibalistic bloodthirsty assholes who will murder you with unicorns for daring to sell them back the wooden bin they sold you.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: April 10, 2013, 10:37:35 pm »

log in, see I get 13 certs for logging in, look at my certs... when did I get that 2000 certs? I don't even know how I could of gotten that many. ah, refunds for people who got stuff on multiple chars.  that explains it.
also, shundie kill, five people in it, one of them a max and the others high threat targets, lots of exp
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:04:18 pm by bluejello »

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: April 10, 2013, 11:42:01 pm »

So... if Purples are Elves then who could fit better as dorfs?
TR or NC?
I think I'm okay with this considering DF elves are cannibalistic bloodthirsty assholes who will murder you with unicorns for daring to sell them back the wooden bin they sold you.

So the Vanu are Purple People Eaters?

I haven't thought of this song in years...
http://youtu.be/Rx47qrH1GRs

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: April 11, 2013, 04:52:31 am »

Mattherson NC really suck at alerts. We had two hours and about 66% pop on Amerish but couldn't cap the place. Still got 33 certs out of it, but cmon guys...

Pondering buying a shotgun, but I'm not sure what one to get. They all seem to have their pros and cons.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6889 on: April 11, 2013, 05:23:41 am »

Shotguns are pretty useless beyond point blank. The pump action ones can one-hit people if you get most of the shots on the head, though, and can one-hit Infiltrators, which is nice, but beyond that, any other weapon is most useful in 90% of the situations you find yourself in. At best, they're good for those tooth and nail CQC fights, but even then there's usually not a lot of room for error.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: April 11, 2013, 07:46:45 am »

Mattherson NC really suck at alerts. We had two hours and about 66% pop on Amerish but couldn't cap the place. Still got 33 certs out of it, but cmon guys...

Pondering buying a shotgun, but I'm not sure what one to get. They all seem to have their pros and cons.

We beat out for one on Esamir last night.  Only a ~45% win, but I found out that Frostfall Harbor is a blast to defend with a bunch of guys with Phoenixes.

I got the Piston in the Mercenary bundle, because it gave me both shotgun (Piston) and SMG of which I had none before.   It's... okay.  Up close you can ruin dudes, but beyond that you might as well be throwing rocks at them.  You'll be glad you have a shotgun in a Biolab, but anything else more open than a tower and you're in trouble.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: April 11, 2013, 10:12:54 am »

The blitz is almost as good as a shotgun in close quarters. And you can shoot a little distance with it.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: April 11, 2013, 11:28:22 am »

The blitz is almost as good as a shotgun in close quarters. And you can shoot a little distance with it.

Had some fun with it on the light assault the other day and it is a fantastic gun. Oddly all my kills so far are at medium range. Still need to practice getting in close after playing HA for so long, and probably buy the second tier of laser sight.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: April 11, 2013, 11:54:10 am »

Shotguns are pretty useless beyond point blank. The pump action ones can one-hit people if you get most of the shots on the head, though, and can one-hit Infiltrators, which is nice, but beyond that, any other weapon is most useful in 90% of the situations you find yourself in. At best, they're good for those tooth and nail CQC fights, but even then there's usually not a lot of room for error.

I wouldn't be so sure. In fact I am beginning to think the pump action shotguns have actually gotten a buff last patch.
Sure the damage got nerfed but can still easily one shot. Now add in the improved slug ammo wich is pretty much a flat out upgrade now and you have a weapon that was capable of one shotting anything short of a max suit now still instagibbing but at drasticly longer ranges.

The ranges I've been gunned down in the blink of an eye by a pump action are staggering, I can only assume people have caught on that slug ammo is now the way to go.
It's frightening, but I suppose also a brilliant sale strategy. Make it look like shotties were nerfed whilst in truth the shiny new pump action toys come out on top by a long shot (pun intended) compared to the good old auto shotties.

Sadly the slugs do not work as well on the auto shotties what with the poor accuracy on consecutive shots. The slug ammo much more favors one accurate apha shot. I just hope they nerf slugs somehow, it's silly when the choice is a no brainer as it is now.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:56:58 am by Jelle »

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: April 11, 2013, 12:22:17 pm »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: April 11, 2013, 12:35:04 pm »

I log in to day and find I got 90+ certs. What the hell? Last time I checked, I only got about 30+. How the hell do certs work anyways?

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: April 11, 2013, 12:40:15 pm »

I log in to day and find I got 90+ certs. What the hell? Last time I checked, I only got about 30+. How the hell do certs work anyways?
There was what was meant to be a massive cert refund for all the NS items bought with SC on multiple characters. For some reason a lot of accounts were flagged as having weapons and items they didn't, or some other weirdness. Lots of people reporting their stored certs doubling. Others getting literally tens of thousands of certs for pretty much no reason.

Reddit has been melting down all day.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6897 on: April 11, 2013, 12:45:10 pm »

Have you purchased membership at all? Without it you should be capped at 12 certs gained while you are off-line over a 24 hour period, membership increases the amount of certs gained off-line dependant on how long a membership you bought. The other typical reason for logging in to find more certs are if you have a cert refund due to purchasing a weapon that can be used on more than one character more than once now that account wide purchases are a thing.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: April 11, 2013, 12:51:06 pm »

I haven't payed cash yet. There's enough variety in the starting stuff to render it moot. I'm not complaining about the free certs.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: April 11, 2013, 02:16:27 pm »

the +13 certs without membership happens to me too. Membership guys should get (number of certs they are told to earn per day)+1, too. I think that's because they count a little bit of time while you play or something.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 826