Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084938 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7125 on: April 27, 2013, 09:11:07 pm »

Put it on the "honk" bind.  Of course, where will the totally-needed MAX horn go?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: April 27, 2013, 09:11:25 pm »

Actually, there's no reason every class can't have a horn.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: April 27, 2013, 09:16:14 pm »

Actually, there's no reason every class can't have a horn.
And banana peels. HONK HONK HONK.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: April 27, 2013, 09:38:43 pm »

Still need the General Lee Flash horn, though I suppose it'd be okay on the Harasser.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: April 27, 2013, 09:56:36 pm »

Damn, now I want an air horn for my MAX.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: April 28, 2013, 07:57:38 am »

Or MAX vuvuzelas.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: April 28, 2013, 08:02:52 am »

Or MAX vuvuzelas.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
You have to put the vuvuzelas on one arm, too. You can buy range upgrades for them.

DUAL VUVUZELA MAX SQUADS.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: April 28, 2013, 08:19:04 pm »

I'm pretty dedicated NC, but today I went into VR for the TR and VS just to play around.  Notes:

VS:

Magrider:  Fun to drive
Scythe:  Damn that thing is smooth
Lancer:  Good in concept, but I'm not sure how it'd field test
Dual Cosmos:  Awesome
Whatever that MAX AI weapon I tested (the default, I think):  Lame
Eidolon (Battle Rifle):  Damn this is a lot better with no bullet drop
Lasher:  Shit

TR:

CARV:  Awesome
Dual Mercy:  So that's what it feels like to be able to kill infantry at range with a MAX
Cycler:  Nice gun
Striker:  This one's tough to test in VR.  I think I can see the view of both the haters and the lovers, though- while the damage isn't a lot, it can quickly create no-fly zones.
Mini CG:  While it's a blast to unload 200 rounds, I can see why I almost never see this in action.  Why do all the old-school heavy weapons suck?  IMO this is the best of the three.  For you TR out there, does the laser sight help any?

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: April 29, 2013, 05:56:44 am »

Red-letter day, guys, I used my Bursters to actually shoot down, not one, but two ESFs - a scythe and a mozzie.  I was surprised that, at extreme close range, they assploded so quickly, dual Bursters will wreck your day, especially when you fly in a straight line while trying to avoid source the incoming fire.

Jinking is obviously not covered in training.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: April 29, 2013, 08:41:43 am »

Tagging a lolpodder with a Phoenix that you fire straight at his face that there's no way he couldn't have seen coming and yet he just hovers there... great way to put a smile on your face.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: April 29, 2013, 09:20:12 am »

I hate the pheonix so much.  It's a basically a less maneuverable lock on rocket that doens't give lock on warning, ignores IR smoke/flares, and ignores LOS restrictions. 
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: April 29, 2013, 09:35:45 am »

my AA reaver is so much better with the vortek, it is actually ridiculous.

why didnt i get it sooner?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: April 29, 2013, 09:52:34 am »

The Phoenix's TTK also gets lower the farther from the target the user is, given you can't start reloading it until you no longer control the rocket.

You could say most of that about the Lancer as well (minus LOS of course) , except the Lancer has over double the range and has a monstrous projectile speed.  You don't know rage until your rocket despawns three feet from the rear end of a smoking tank.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: April 29, 2013, 06:36:32 pm »

They're removing the vertical recoil reduction from the foregrip on LMGs.
6x scopes get sway.

My SVA-88 days are numbered, it seems. Close range, get screwed by shotguns and SMGs. Medium and Long range, increase recoil will hamper efficiency.

Lovely.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:41:23 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: April 29, 2013, 07:05:27 pm »

Anybody on right now? I'm getting sick of VS a tad. :O I want to play NC to remind me why I hate them too much to support them!
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 826