Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089458 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7335 on: May 21, 2013, 03:57:24 am »

There, I did it! I posted a reply to a Mac question without mocking anything or anyone! I feel so ... zen.
Wow. That must've taken years of meditation. I'm still unable to do such a thing. Almost broke up with my Fiancee 2 weeks ago because she bought me the Steve Jobs biography, even though I hate everything that man stands for (stood for?). True story.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: May 21, 2013, 06:11:19 am »

There, I did it! I posted a reply to a Mac question without mocking anything or anyone! I feel so ... zen.
Wow. That must've taken years of medication. ...<snip>
FTFY
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: May 22, 2013, 02:33:30 am »

If you had a sub for PS1 soon you will get 6 months free membership to PS1! So i'll be back there, PS1 is much better in certain areas than PS2, apart from visually of course ;p but gameplay matters more to most of us here i'd guess seeing as we play DF too :)
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: May 22, 2013, 12:00:38 pm »

Happy patch day!

Big one this week.

- The lattice is being introduced on Indar.
- They are merging the west cost servers (Helios and Connery).
- They have added a tutorial for new characters.
- New sensitivity slider for ADS (<4x, others covered by scope sensitivity)
- Empire specific secondary tank weapons are now available on the Harasser and have seen some tweaks.
- MAX abilities added.
- Loads of other bits and pieces

Anyway, some specifics I'm particularly interested in;

Concussion and flash grenades will now take into account cover (to some degree), have reduced effects with range and reduced duration overall. On paper it looks like a nerf, but I'm hoping it comes out as a quality of life change. Accidentally catching myself on the edge of a concussion grenade's range meant I was stunned as long as the guy I just threw it at making them only useful in situations where you already had a tactical edge as a HA. This should help make them useful in more desperate situations.

There is a 'reload threshold' after which you can switch or otherwise interrupt a reload and it still counts. This sounds really useful to me.

Uncerted medics revive at 50% rather than 20%.

The Enforcer is now a 10 round rocket launcher rather than more accurate version of the Halberd. DPS is supposedly better, without the one-shot on infantry EDIT: Looks like the direct hit one-shot is still there unless there is an undocumented change to splash damage. I'm hoping this is a sweet as it sounds. However, I think that they have swapped it's price with the shotgun version, so it's now 1000 certs rather than 250. The shotgun also saw a buff and can do some damage to armour, but still sounds worthless.

Instant deploy to warpgates. This sounds fantastic for outfit/platoon ops. /suicide, regroup, load air/tanks should be a lot faster now.

Also looks like some weapon price changes. MAX original AV arms now 250 certs, along with the high capacity AI guns. Battle rifles and rapid reload shotguns down to 250, high capacity and automatic shotguns down to 750.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:16:18 pm by palsch »

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: May 22, 2013, 12:43:14 pm »

I know the lattice system is pretty controversial, but I'm very excited to see it in action. If it doesn't work out I imagine they would be open to removing it, but I thought it would be fun. Guess I'll find out!

The uncerted medic change is good, too. I started a new character and was afraid to revive people since I hadn't made enough certs to improve it. Didn't want to revive a guy just to have the edge of an explosion take him out again.

Warpgate instant deployment is fantastic.

I wish they'd bump battle rifle damage up / reduce the damage decay on them. I'd love to use one, but everyone says they suck ... and VR training doesn't let me really get a feel for it in an actual fight.

Edit: dat spotting bonus! Missed that the first time. Doubled the XP on it, maybe I won't be the only other guy in the 100 man zerg to press "Q" during the entire fight.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: May 22, 2013, 01:01:28 pm »

Ooh, spotting boost. I get like half my XP from spotting already :D
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: May 22, 2013, 01:17:52 pm »

Sigh, either this guy was hacking or I am not sure about the VS MAX ability. Does it increase movement speed or something, cause this Max was firing constantly without ever fucking reloading and nearly skating around.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: May 22, 2013, 01:18:34 pm »

I can put a Vulcan on the Harasser?

Okay it's not as damaging as the Prowler's Vulcan but still...
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: May 22, 2013, 01:22:36 pm »

Sigh, either this guy was hacking or I am not sure about the VS MAX ability. Does it increase movement speed or something, cause this Max was firing constantly without ever fucking reloading and nearly skating around.

It does.  It's pretty damn strong.

New VS MAX Ability: Zealot Overdrive

Increases movement speed while active
    Speed buff does not increase with cert level
    Decreases armor effectiveness while active
    Increases weapon damage while active
    Damage increases with cert level

Also, Battle Rifles on the cheap now.  And Falcons at 250 certs!  Picking the other arm up for that tonight.

Too bad the Enforcer price went up, or I would have grabbed that for the Harasser straight away... but I might anyway.  Saved up 1400 certs before this went live, so I can do some splurging.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: May 22, 2013, 01:30:45 pm »

Wait, its so good it got mistaken for a hack? Nice.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: May 22, 2013, 01:35:37 pm »

Wait, its so good it got mistaken for a hack? Nice.
Yeah, I miss read. Still quite overpowered atm I feel... I mean seriously, the Max wasn't even animating correctly considering how fast he was moving, there is also the fact that they Nerfed NC Max weapons earlier, so we don't even have a chance anymore...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: May 22, 2013, 01:38:17 pm »

Not sure what you're talking about but my test in VR doesn't really show any OP movement boost - it's there just not OP. (Granted, perceived OP is relative.) Official forums also claim ZOE max has strafe momentum thus mitigating ADAD. Damage increase is 1-2 less bullets from a single Quasar as well.

EDIT: Corrected BTK.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:43:18 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: May 22, 2013, 01:46:10 pm »

Not sure what you're talking about but my test in VR doesn't really show any OP movement boost - it's there just not OP. (Granted, perceived OP is relative.) Official forums also claim ZOE max has strafe momentum thus mitigating ADAD. Damage increase is 1-2 less bullets from a single Quasar as well.

The ability to strafe in a Lumbering Max suit. Think about it...
The Weapons with a giant rof/mag or such...
The ability to move BACKWARDS at the same speed you move forward at a normal speed.
Higher RoF/Mag guns with the higher dmg rate and then finally being able to dodge faster then normal...

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: May 22, 2013, 02:05:21 pm »

The ability to move BACKWARDS at the same speed you move forward at a normal speed.
Higher RoF/Mag guns with the higher dmg rate and then finally being able to dodge faster then normal...
Except the strafing is pretty much standard infantry hip strafing speed, give or take.
VS Max ROF is at max 426 RPM with a magsize of 75 at most (barring certs).
With the current speed, moving forward or backwards means that either it doesn't change anything other than apparent size at a quite acceptable rate or it's pseudostrafing while being unable to shoot the enemy at the same time.
This is no more than a glorified HA with less RPM, restricted weapons and roughly the same health using the overshield.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: May 22, 2013, 02:07:35 pm »

Except the strafing is pretty much standard infantry hip strafing speed, give or take.
VS Max ROF is at max 426 RPM with a magsize of 75 at most (barring certs).
With the current speed, moving forward or backwards means that either it doesn't change anything other than apparent size at a quite acceptable rate or it's pseudostrafing while being unable to shoot the enemy at the same time.
This is no more than a glorified HA with less RPM, restricted weapons and roughly the same health using the overshield.
Yeah no, actually try it in battle...
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 826