Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089922 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7620 on: June 06, 2013, 03:28:28 am »

So... i pimped out my shotgun with various mods (ammo, NV scope, slugs) and discoveded the ugly truth.

I knew you can't oneshot people with shotguns but i was chasing some guy at close range and he took 4 bullets to the chest before he dropped.

FOUR.

I was expecting being able to 2-3 shot people but...
Well i shouldn't have expected to get the god of guns for 480 certs and it's still better than the stock guns.

VR has slugguns killing in 3 up to 50 meters, and probably further than that. 'course that doesn't take into account nanoweave and stuff, but...

Meanwhile, the battle rifle takes 5. Outside of infiltrator, you're not going to find a harder hitting single bullet than a sluggun.

'course, if that doesn't hit hard enough for ya', just use shot. It is, after all, a shotgun. A hilariously effective one, at that.

Edit: The new Alert Alerts are clearly brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:41:55 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7621 on: June 06, 2013, 04:34:23 am »

Hmmm. NV is now useless half the time. That is unfortunate as I loved using it with my slug-shotty.

PS4 users will have their own servers, and better multi core support is coming up.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: June 06, 2013, 05:00:03 am »

Slugs can 2 shot people if you do headshots. If the target is unaware, the first shot should always be a headshot.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7623 on: June 06, 2013, 05:07:14 am »

Hmmm. NV is now useless half the time. That is unfortunate as I loved using it with my slug-shotty.

PS4 users will have their own servers, and better multi core support is coming up.

Yeah it's kinda situational but sometimes it really shines.
Yesterday for example i had a purple latex sniper hiding on a tree in the leaves.
Pretty darn impossible to see (especially at night) but i grabbed the NV scope and he lit up like a light bulb.
Pew pew two hits and he hid behind a large branch.

He peeks out to find out who's shooting him and pew pew he's dead.
It also shows enemies who are in "easy" sluggun range (assuming you're not wearing purple latex).

Oh and it apparently helps spot cloaked infiltrators.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:16:13 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: June 06, 2013, 05:29:22 am »

Yep, it was and still can be totally awesome, but now it's often "AAARGHJ BRIGHTLIGHT! BRIGHTLIGHT!". Changing scopes all the time is annoying as well.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: June 06, 2013, 05:41:42 am »

Man, my longshot is very disappointing.

I forgot to take into account the max draw distance on infantry. So at the longest range I can actually see enemy infantry, I need to aim only 1, 1.5 mildots above (w/ x12). So I have a massive amount of range where, if I could SEE enemy infantry, I could hit them reasonably easily. But I can't effing see them!

And if I use it in medium range I light up like a bulb for everyone to see thanks to the additional detection radius. SIGH.

So yeah, infils need extra draw distance. And being able to hack unoccupied enemy vehicles (probably not sundies, though) would be nice. Add a requirement to kill the pilot/driver first, use an action on their body, then use another action on the vehicle. For bonus points, make the vehicle appear as normal to enemies and allies.

I have a feeling that would lead to massive abuse though :<

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: June 06, 2013, 06:25:38 am »

I'd love to see engineers being able to unhack hacked turrets/consoles (not hack just dehack hacked ones). It's so freaking annoying when a infil runs amok in the base and hacks EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE and no derp on your team decides to unhack them so the lone person on your team that wants to keep things in shape has to constantly change classes.
Self promotion below.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: June 06, 2013, 06:45:11 am »

I'd love to see engineers being able to unhack hacked turrets/consoles (not hack just dehack hacked ones). It's so freaking annoying when a infil runs amok in the base and hacks EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE and no derp on your team decides to unhack them so the lone person on your team that wants to keep things in shape has to constantly change classes.
Blow up and repair. :P You get 2x the XP.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: June 06, 2013, 06:51:04 am »

Is the Participation Bonus broken since GU10?
Just did a "All Domes on Indar" alert and was only getting +5% from population - was much more profitable to go to Americash, where it was +50% pop bonus.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7629 on: June 06, 2013, 07:08:31 am »

So yeah, infils need extra draw distance.

So the rest of us get shot at by something that doesn't render on our screen? No thank you. That's exactly what pilots complain about all the time with respect to AA MAXes and everyone agrees it's a problem. Putting even more of it into the game is a bad idea.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: June 06, 2013, 07:10:46 am »

Blow up and repair. :P You get 2x the XP.
But then i'd have to either have a AT mana turret or ton of C4 (Inf resource) OR run back and forth as a HA (takes ages to do).
Not to mention those turrets are pretty resiliant to basic rockets.
Self promotion below.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7631 on: June 06, 2013, 07:14:16 am »

So the rest of us get shot at by something that doesn't render on our screen? No thank you. That's exactly what pilots complain about all the time with respect to AA MAXes and everyone agrees it's a problem. Putting even more of it into the game is a bad idea.
I'd be okay with it if infiltrators always rendered for everyone at any distance.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: June 06, 2013, 07:56:35 am »

It is annoying when you own the forward spawn, but blowing up the hacked terminal doesn't revert ownership.  >:(
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: June 06, 2013, 07:57:15 am »

I'd be okay with it if infiltrators always rendered for everyone at any distance.
Only if changing your visual settings doesn't make a cloaked Infiltrator stand out like a sore thumb...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: June 06, 2013, 09:10:23 am »

Only if changing your visual settings doesn't make a cloaked Infiltrator stand out like a sore thumb...
So... what visual settings i'm supposed to change?
I bought that NV scope just to have a chance against them on the ramparts but apparently it got "fixed" and cloakers are even more invisible when looking through it.
Self promotion below.
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 826