Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089776 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7650 on: June 06, 2013, 06:24:03 pm »

Its hard to judge whether or not someone is serious with a post like that, I cannot read minds. Apologies if I came off overly harsh.
The last sentence...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: June 07, 2013, 11:08:32 am »

HEY GUYS...
Remember how we were talking about the ZOE and how VS says that its totes balanced, I mean not just the strafing but the damage boost too...
Check out the results of ZOE + the Upcoming Flamethrower...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxqJMvQVL-o

Yep nothing wrong here. SoE knows exactly what they are doing when the Balance anything in this game...
So once you got over your alarmist fit, did you realize that it was a bug on a test server? That isn't uncommon.
Ok Sorry I forgot to add the /sarcasm to the end of that post... FFS...
Actually you'd need two sarcasm tags. One for criticizing the balance of ZOE Max and one to show that that was sarcastic.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: June 07, 2013, 11:51:59 am »

ZOE honestly needs a timer like the HA shield and the incoming damage increase should be increased to actually be significant.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: June 07, 2013, 12:12:28 pm »

ZOE honestly needs a timer like the HA shield and the incoming damage increase should be increased to actually be significant.
Give the thing a damn timer, and I think it will fix it.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: June 07, 2013, 12:15:42 pm »

Hey all! I was crazy about this game on release, but gaming interest wandered away from MMO's... and I have not played since the new year.

I have been tempted to go back in, but I'm intimidated by the changes.

So uh... can anyone sum up for me what has changed?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: June 07, 2013, 12:22:38 pm »

Give the thing a damn timer, and I think it will fix it.
Altough then VS will complain that the others don't have a timer etc etc.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: June 07, 2013, 12:31:02 pm »

If you haven't played since the new year, you've missed (among random patches and hotfixes) Game Updates 2 through 10. I'll give ya an outline:

GU2: Quite dull, only thing of real note is the change to XP, so you get more or less depending on how well that person was doing in that life. Oh, and surface-to-air damage XP.

GU3: Bug fixes and UI changes. Meh.

GU4: Virtual Reality training area added, fo' testing things, and a module for infils on Flashes allowing them to be invisible.

GU5: Unlocks made with SC made available to all characters on the same account. Oh, and new helmets. Wooh.

GU6: Daily achievable service ribbons worth moderate amounts of XP added. Alerts to capture continents which give huge XP boosts also came in

GU7: Mostly balance things, but also gave more detailed stats for weapons and added revolvers.

GU8: Added the Harasser, a 3 person buggy, along with some new MAX weapons.

GU9: Changed Indar to work on a hybrid lattice system, whereby you can only take certain places depending on ones you already own. MAXs also got more stuff, with some crazy new ability things that are specific to each faction.

GU10: Added new alerts (such as capture all the biolabs on x continent) as well as the usual balancing and bug fixing.

Hope that got you up to speed.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: June 07, 2013, 12:35:57 pm »

Yes, thank you! That is... a lot less intimidating than I expected.

I'll have to run the updater, and get my gunfire fix soon. Thanks again!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: June 07, 2013, 12:36:40 pm »

I hope you're not NC, because they got a LOT of nerfs.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: June 07, 2013, 07:20:11 pm »

I hope you're not NC, because they got a LOT of nerfs.

Has anyone else noticed that they do passes on the balance and attractiveness of the factions? As in they'll focus on a faction for a long period of time, then stop and work on another. Lately, the focus has been VS. TR had a very early pass, but short since they were already the 4th faction also. NC had a lengthy pass, with a pass of regression, where they'd overbuffed early on. Now they're definitely laying it on thick with the VS. We're likely to see much nerfing.

I could be wrong but that's how I saw the shifts of attention

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: June 07, 2013, 07:20:59 pm »

NC may as well be equipped with these..........

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: June 07, 2013, 07:28:55 pm »

I haven't played this in so long. I would love to play organized sessions with groups of people but I don't know how I feel about doing it with some random guys.

I did play NC because that's what our little group decided to play as. If I had to pick another faction it would be TR simply because I don't really like the Vanu's aesthetic...

I like the way the NC's guns handled, though I haven't tried the other factions.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: June 08, 2013, 12:19:42 am »

I like oodles and oodles of recoil the way the NC's guns handled, though I haven't tried the other factions.

ftfy >_>

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: June 08, 2013, 07:57:04 pm »

I'm liking the station alerts a lot more than the continental alerts.

Last night I helped defend Kwahtee during an amp station alert. The TR held for a good hour and a half, against multiple pushes from the NC and the VS. I got third on the scoreboard with that, and got 150 certs from the fight. (The TAR is pretty good.)

Just now the TR won a Biolab alert, by capturing Mani Bio Lab with about twenty seconds left to spare. The NC were desperate to push out from the teleporter rooms, and even the VS started attacking the lab to prevent the TR from capping.

I think these new alerts are, dare I say it, fun.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: June 08, 2013, 07:58:34 pm »

TR win all of every alert.
It is inescapable.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 826