Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089359 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7740 on: June 20, 2013, 05:52:22 pm »

Time to max out the engineer tool.
This.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: June 20, 2013, 07:31:19 pm »

Just a warning if you play on Cobalt, since the update, opening the social tab in any way seems to cause the game to freeze. This doesn't seem to be effecting other servers.

Looks like it's local for you or something on your particular tab? I put in more hours on NC Cobalt than is healthy today (NC just capped Indar while also winning an alert on Amerish) and neither saw or heard of this. And there was a lot of platoon/outfit management going on. Not seeing anything on Reddit either.

I do remember seeing a similar thing about Miller. I believe it was a squad with illegal characters in their name that would crash when they tried to load. Could be something similar.

And checking Reddit... looks like Buzzcutpsycho has just quit the game. Odds on him staying gone?

Also this tip is worth keeping in mind.[/url] Basically the XP you get from alerts counts towards the resource gain based on the region you are in when the alert finishes. So being in, say, a biolab will reward you with thousands of experience worth of infantry resources. Could be very useful if you are resource starved, although actually being able to access such a base might be tough during the worst lockouts.

One thing I forgot to mention; the Viper on the Lightning (default cannon) has been changed considerably. It has less splash damage but still one-shots infantry on a direct hit and has considerably less drop. It sounded like a nerf (300 damage per shot lost) but actually is one hell of a buff.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: June 20, 2013, 07:54:31 pm »

So I ahven't been following the topic, what server and faction does Bay12 play on, if any? Or are we all separated?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: June 20, 2013, 08:02:03 pm »

Well i'm on woodsman playing TR.
Not really active right now tho.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: June 20, 2013, 08:03:52 pm »

I think the biggest concentrations are NC on Matherson and VS on Miller.

But we're talking about a mere handful of people actively playing in either place. Otherwise we're all spread out.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: June 20, 2013, 08:08:40 pm »

I think the highest concentration of B12 I ever saw was five, and that was NC Mattherson.

So the big undocumented change this patch is that destroying an SCU also disables spawn room shields and pain field. No more spawn room camping on large facilities.

This is mentioned in the full notes, unless they edited it in by the time I read it.

I'm curious how the NC MAX changes will play out- the Mattock in particular looks like it got slapped.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: June 20, 2013, 08:18:06 pm »

This is mentioned in the full notes, unless they edited it in by the time I read it.
They must have edited it in. For sure no-one knew about it before we blew the first tech plant SCU and all had a party in the suddenly open spawn room. From the reactions of VS in the room they knew about it either.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7747 on: June 20, 2013, 08:24:26 pm »

Just a warning if you play on Cobalt, since the update, opening the social tab in any way seems to cause the game to freeze. This doesn't seem to be effecting other servers.

Looks like it's local for you or something on your particular tab? I put in more hours on NC Cobalt than is healthy today (NC just capped Indar while also winning an alert on Amerish) and neither saw or heard of this. And there was a lot of platoon/outfit management going on. Not seeing anything on Reddit either.

I do remember seeing a similar thing about Miller. I believe it was a squad with illegal characters in their name that would crash when they tried to load. Could be something similar.

From what we have been able to gather in game tonight, it seems to only be effecting VS on Cobalt and is happening to everyone, regardless of characters in names. If you are not already in a squad/platoon then opening the social tab will cause the game to hang. If you have already joined a squad by being invited you can then open the tab, but it reacts slowly compared to normal.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: June 20, 2013, 08:32:02 pm »

Interesting planned changes on Esamir (and later Amerish and Indar). Really liking the more infantry focused bases.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: June 20, 2013, 08:51:03 pm »

Eisa's an odd choice, though- since it's a tech plant, it begs vehicle combat.  It looks like they're adding in several hills as well- my initial impression is negative.

The concept is good, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: June 20, 2013, 11:18:21 pm »

Hey why don't we try a Bay12 night? like Fridays or something

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: June 21, 2013, 01:27:49 am »

I'd be for it, except:
- different timezones
- different servers
:/
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: June 21, 2013, 01:52:53 am »

Blargh I was on like a twenty MAX kill streak (dual Mercies are pretty good) and then the game crashed.

Also by pure chance I ran into Tylui on Amerish. Literally, even. Sadly he got the best of me in our sole engagement.

Hey why don't we try a Bay12 night? like Fridays or something

I'd be up for it, if all the obstacles could be sorted out.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: June 21, 2013, 02:12:33 am »

I'd be in, but it would have to be on Matherson or Miller. During that free membership month I dumped all of my Alt slots on those 2 servers just so I wouldnt lose them at month's end, so I can't switch without permanantly losing Alt slots.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: June 21, 2013, 03:54:20 am »

From what we have been able to gather in game tonight, it seems to only be effecting VS on Cobalt and is happening to everyone, regardless of characters in names. If you are not already in a squad/platoon then opening the social tab will cause the game to hang. If you have already joined a squad by being invited you can then open the tab, but it reacts slowly compared to normal.
Oh damnit. And I was to play today :(

You in an outfit btw? I'm in PTMC.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 826