Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084925 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7995 on: July 08, 2013, 03:09:52 am »

I lost the last two days. :(
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: July 08, 2013, 03:13:40 am »

About 3400

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7997 on: July 08, 2013, 03:49:23 am »

I only picked up around 600 in the few hours I had available. They had to put this on the same weekend as the local cider festival and the first prolonged decent weather we have had for months.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: July 08, 2013, 03:59:31 am »

I ended up with as many as I started with. I have no idea how to check how many certs I earned, how can you tell?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: July 08, 2013, 04:17:23 am »

On the stats page from the player's screen you can check how many certs you earned by looking at the charts.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: July 08, 2013, 04:40:09 am »

Hmm, I can see my "total" I guess... You mean on players.planetside2.com, right?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: July 08, 2013, 04:42:25 am »

I don't know exactly how much I earned, but I spent 1250 and back up to almost 200, so I'm guessing around 1100 - I had over a hundred before the weekend started.

Edit: trying to remember what I was saving up for at the start, but, the weekend has taken it's toll on my memory, it's only 4 x DDR2 1gb sticks so an upgrade is in order.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 04:47:51 am by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: July 08, 2013, 06:18:30 am »

I spent a lot on small stuff. Like certing up my medic (was completely unused until now), sprucing up my swagrider, etc. All those little upgrades add up to a lot, apparently...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: July 08, 2013, 06:55:52 am »

Hmm so i started with about 500 and ended up with 250.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah... 1100 certs farmed.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: July 08, 2013, 07:51:20 am »

More than most weekends, that's for sure.  If I had more time or sucked less, I probably would have gotten even more.

I did trick out my Harasser quite a bit more, though.  As a bonus, I'm starting to suck less with my Reaver, and even took out two enemy planes in one run!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: July 08, 2013, 08:34:11 am »

Framerate drops and outfit play killed a lot of the time I did have to farm certs, but still managed about 2k. Bought a flare gun because why not, 2 sticks of C4 on the medic and revive grenades. Been playing medic enough lately that it made sense to finish maxing him out.

Trying to work out what's best to go with on my Vanguard. I'm thinking pure tank killer right now. AP cannon plus Enforcer, side armour (fun fact - side armour makes the Vanguard's side armour stronger than the front, even with the upgrade, and pretty much the toughest target in the game) and Vanguard shield. Enforcer and AP are huge AT DPS, while the armour and shield mean anyone who doesn't get directly behind you has a hard time doing much in the way of damage.

I'm less sure about the racer/rival chassis decision. Being able to reliably turn to keep side armour facing the enemy is tempting, but less vital than if you only have the front to soak up damage. Racer is always nice. Except on Amerish where it makes you wish you had never pulled the tank in the first place (I need to buy rival for my Lightning just to have for Amerish before I try that nonsense again).

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: July 08, 2013, 09:28:58 am »

Enforcer looks to be one of the best AI weapons for a tank too.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: July 08, 2013, 09:39:35 am »

Arguable, since it was nerfed.  It no longer one-shots infantry, so the Fury is better for clusters of infantry at short range.  At long range, the reduced size of the hitbox makes it harder to hit infantry, so the Kobalt shines at range.  It's still good at AI duty and awesome against vehicles, but I'm not sure I'd pick it specifically for AI duty.

That said, on a heavy tank, I'd probably want something AV anyway, and the Fury sucks at the range tanks should be typically engaging, so the Enforcer shines.  It's an awesome weapon and a blast to shoot.  I run it on my Harasser and wouldn't have it any other way (though the Harasser Fury works much better, since its speed allows it to close and escape quickly.)

Has anyone tried an AA Harasser?  Give it a Walker or Ranger and put a Burster MAX in the back?  I doubt it'd be worth it, but I wonder if it's been tried.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: July 08, 2013, 09:43:34 am »

Close to. Definitely the best NC AI weapon.

It used to be god tier. A one-shot-kills, spammable rocket that fired like a laser for a goodly distance, plus decent splash damage. Then they nerfed the splash damage. Now you need two direct hits to kill any infantry. It's still great, but no longer the best way to snipe infantry in the
game.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: July 08, 2013, 09:50:28 am »

I <3 my Saron :)

It even works when driving solo: Fire the main gun, while it reloads switch seats, unload the Saron, switch back, etc. I don't need no second gunner. Also: laser accuracy and one-shotting infantry.

Has anyone tried an AA Harasser?  Give it a Walker or Ranger and put a Burster MAX in the back?  I doubt it'd be worth it, but I wonder if it's been tried.
Have you tried shooting while in a driving Harasser? It's close to impossible to hit anything. The only upsides to sitting in the back that I've found is to be an engineer, drop tankmines while being pursued, and being able to repair while driving.

Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 826