Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089440 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8265 on: August 28, 2013, 05:13:39 am »

So uh, if anyone's interested, I have a few videos of planetside up on youtube.

I'll just leave em here for y'all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kh0v8z4y24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1P8hxVZRDo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyOVogVa4nU

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: August 30, 2013, 03:26:27 am »

The ESF update has been taking longer than I expected, and certs were burning a hole in my pocket, so I went ahead and got lolpods. Now I wish I saved up for them sooner, they're ridiculously fun. Though I've developed an intense hatred for mosquitos now, so my next big purchase will be skyguard, and I'm starting to save certs for it right away.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8267 on: October 20, 2013, 11:08:12 am »

So, people still playing this? I finally upgraded my computer and now I can run the game smoothly at high details, whereas before I'd run out of RAM and crash like every 20 minutes.

Anyhow, I just had to brag about an epic duel I had. I was an infiltrator deep in enemy territory. Just for laughs I took two shots at a mosquito that was filling up on a landing pad. Well, the pilot didn't take kindly to that so he decided to hunt me down. After like 10 minutes of me taking shots and then running away and him barely missing me with missiles, I managed to knock out quite a bit of his health. He landed, I thought to repair, so I emptied two pistol clips into the mosquito, having run out of bullets for my sniper rifle. Well, turns out he just did it to lure me out, and he killed me. But right after I died the mosquito blew up (turns out I did just enough damage) and took him out as well.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: October 20, 2013, 11:15:59 am »

I'm waiting for a better computer and/or the performance upgrade to hit live myself. While I enjoyed playing, the framerate just got unbearable.

I'm curious as to what direction they are going to take the game when they're done with working on performance, them having undergone quite a bit of...restructuring. Didn't like the direction they took with developement post launch (lockons, harassers, ground to air, other problemetic design and imbalances), so I'm waiting to see where they take it next. Resource overhaul is a step in the right direction, I'm hoping they do a 180 on continuisly seperating vehicle from infantry combat to.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: October 20, 2013, 11:37:47 am »

I don't see anything wrong with ground to air.
Mos of those missiles are easely outran by ESFs and you need more than a heavy can carry to down a Liberator or Galaxy so thay have plenty of time to get out unless you're there with 6 friends camping a hill.

As for performance... when i first installed the game it ran perfectly and only got worse from that point on.
Now i'm barely able to fly a ESF because the darn thing slows to like 14 frames per second at times.
I bought this PC less than half a year ago for petes sake!
Hell it even has a Nvidia card (the one officially supported)... maybe the game hates AMD processors?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: October 20, 2013, 11:38:59 am »

I'm getting back into it. It seems getting certs is a lot easier than it used to be, I got over 100 last night in a few hours.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:50:32 pm by MasterFancyPants »
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: October 20, 2013, 11:39:58 am »

Through a wineskin installation of the windows client for Steam, I can now install Planetside 2.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8272 on: October 20, 2013, 06:29:32 pm »

Yeah, still playing.

If you don't have alts from the other two empires, make them and log in once a week with them, so that you get the free 3-day xp boost from the World Domination Series they have going on. There's no need to participate, you just need to log in to get the rewards.

Having a 50% boost is pretty addicting.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: October 20, 2013, 08:57:52 pm »

I got distracted by Minecraft and haven't been back.  I might... sometime.  Maybe.  Probably check it when the performance upgrade hits or maybe Hossin.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: October 20, 2013, 11:07:58 pm »

I don't play all that much anymore. I still enjoy the game, but Mattherson is usually empty most hours of the day. It's midnight right now (late, but hardly that late) and there isn't a single battle that isn't 1-12.

A shame those server transfer tokens never materialized...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8275 on: October 21, 2013, 03:32:49 am »

Have to say things have gotten tad boring lately.
Always tried to find side that is underdog given moment but still end up being on side that has
highest population. It gets boring for me to just follow the big group and take bases so easily.
Can't really say but it felt much balanced and more fun on PS1 ?
Still.. PS2 is tons of fun compared any other mmofps :D

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: October 21, 2013, 03:46:49 am »

Still playing, about 3-4 evenings a week, PTMC (semi-hardcore) outfit on Cobalt (VS).

Yesterday tried out the striker on a TR alt. WOW that thing is good. Now I know why I fear it.

Cobalt used to sport a steady 33/33/33 population, but lately it's been going all over the place, where TR or VS have the most pop. It's still a fun server, though, the "downside" being good airplay by some outfits, making it hard to make a name as a pilot. Both solo and doing outfit-ops I tend to avoid the zerg, I get a lot more satisfaction from the smaller fights.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8277 on: October 21, 2013, 12:31:11 pm »

The lattice removed all the strategic play, now its just a case of who has the bigger zerg.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: October 21, 2013, 12:34:35 pm »

I find the largest detractor to playing to be the incessant shadow capping and hacking, if I hit you FIVE times in the head with my rocket launcher you are supposed to be dead, not knifing me from behind.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: October 21, 2013, 12:40:05 pm »

I stopped playing because:
1. You basically need an insane computer to play it with good FPS
2. lel more nc nerfs xD xD

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 826