Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084961 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8865 on: December 10, 2013, 06:19:23 pm »

Also I don't recommend a shotgun unless your aim and reaction skills are spot on.
Ideally for LA, your reaction time should be mostly irrelevant -- you should be the one always getting the jump on your enemy.

Shotguns are awesome. The 250 cert one for all factions is great, and I'd highly recommend getting it at some point, preferably sooner than later.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8866 on: December 10, 2013, 06:31:29 pm »

I would recommend saving up for the 750 semi-auto or full auto shotguns.

That extra bit of accuracy makes the difference on the semi auto. The bloom doesn't mean jack for the auto shotties - if its in front of you and its a soft target it dies.

Edit: Which lock down is getting nerfed? Max or Prowler?
And is there any mention of tweaks to the Vanguards God-mode shield?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 06:57:46 pm by zombat »

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8867 on: December 10, 2013, 07:08:55 pm »

Prowler, they're nerfing the velocity increase when in anchor mode.

No, they haven't said anything about the vanguard shield (IMO its not god mode). They did say they would buff the magrider, by giving it +100 dmg on its AP cannon, and allowing cannons to have more inclination, so... a completely inconsequential buff.

I like where prowlers and vanguards are right now, they just need to buff the magrider up to our levels.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8868 on: December 10, 2013, 07:13:40 pm »

So the VA locust tanks will get buffed?
If VA starts pulling even more of them they will take up the entire continent. They already seem to have 2 Magriders per player.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8869 on: December 10, 2013, 07:20:40 pm »

I would recommend saving up for the 750 semi-auto or full auto shotguns.

That extra bit of accuracy makes the difference on the semi auto. The bloom doesn't mean jack for the auto shotties - if its in front of you and its a soft target it dies.

Edit: Which lock down is getting nerfed? Max or Prowler?
And is there any mention of tweaks to the Vanguards God-mode shield?

The VS get the accurate semi at 250 certs... and the difference between the two isn't particularly meaningful. One is slightly better at range, the other in environments with lots of targets. I enjoy them both.

As for the auto shottie, that thing's a piece of trash... I really can't recommend it in the slightest. It kills quickly, but it's laughably inaccurate and chews through ammo. It's like a pumpshot that you have to reload after every kill.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8870 on: December 10, 2013, 07:33:16 pm »

So the VA locust tanks will get buffed?
If VA starts pulling even more of them they will take up the entire continent. They already seem to have 2 Magriders per player.

If its any worse than mattherson then all I can imagine is that scene from LEGION where there's bugs everywhere.

I still remember the days when TAS would pull ridiculously huge armor columns just to travel one base over.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8871 on: December 10, 2013, 07:33:59 pm »

Yeah exactly, it fits my current playstyle of "if I don't kill the target before he can shoot me with 4 bullets, I die".
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8872 on: December 10, 2013, 09:11:43 pm »

I got the auto shotty (Piston) when it was on sale in a nice package.  It's nice to have a shotgun, but I find myself firing it semi-auto anyway, or I blow pellets everywhere and find myself reloading with a near-dead enemy nearby.  When I actually care to spend the certs on it, I'll get the Sweeper.

That said, I've been messing about with the NS SMG, and initial impressions are positive- that's without any mods on it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8873 on: December 10, 2013, 09:22:28 pm »

If they actually wanted to buff the Magrider, they'd increase the turn and strafe speeds. Damage and depression are useless when other tanks can literally drive circles around you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8874 on: December 12, 2013, 03:27:19 pm »

Got the Hawk recently... surface to air is really rewarding, and the Hawk is a beast on defense.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8875 on: December 12, 2013, 08:51:28 pm »

NOOOOOO NOT THE TAR NOOOOOOOO

The LMG hipfire nerf is huuuuuge. At least with the TR LMGs, at the range where hipfire becomes effective you're probably better off knifing your target twice since you're that close anyway.

Also, lots of miscellaneous buffs going around, including removing scope sway from the close range sniper rifles, pushing the headshot kill range past 150m, buffing BR minimum damage, and improving the non-moving accuracy of burst fire variants.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8876 on: December 12, 2013, 08:56:38 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHHA.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: December 12, 2013, 09:30:11 pm »

I really like what they're doing with the guns.

Including buffing my favorite guns ever, the AC-X11 and Reaper DMR, which now have 24 round magazines instead of 20. (YEESSSSSSS).

The sniper changes are glorious, SAS-R will see some heavy use when this goes live.

The LMG thing is good news to me. If you look at the old hipfire values, there were two tiers, 3 and 4 (These numbers are the standing and moving hipfire cones, the ones that really matter). 3 is smaller cone of fire (better hipfire), 4 is worse.

2 TR LMGs had the low values (including MSW-R), 2 NC LMGs had the low value (Anchor/GD-22S), 5 (out of six) VS LMGs had the low values with the sixth LMG having 3.25 instead of 4.

I very much approve of making LMGs harder to hipfire with, what you can do in close range with the NC6 Gauss SAW with laser sight attached is ridiculous. This will hurt the vanu the hardest though.

In other news, I tried out the magrider for the first time on the test server. IT HAS TURRET STABILIZATION ON ITS MAIN GUN. WHY CANT THE VANGUARD/PROWLER HAVE THIS, WHYYYYYYYY, WHY MUST MY CANNON BOB AROUND LIKE A BOBBLE-HEAD ON A BUCKING BRONCO EVERY TIME I HIT A PEBBLE ON THE ROAD, WHYYYYY. Its not like we had turret stabilization in the cold war era or anything...

*cough* sorry, had a bit of a fit there...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 09:31:43 pm by darkrider2 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8878 on: December 12, 2013, 09:41:47 pm »

including removing scope sway from the close range sniper rifles, pushing the headshot kill range past 150m, buffing BR minimum damage,

I approve of all of these.  As much as I snipe (zero), the 150m max for 1 shot headshots was silly.  The scaled range makes sense.

Also, any buff to my Warden is good in my book.  That said...

The LMG hipfire nerf is huuuuuge.

Since I only have the God SAW, which I imagine got whacked hard, I think I'll be investing in the Jackhammer soon.

Higby also posted a comparison chart of usage rates versus score per minute among BR100s for most classes- interesting numbers:

LA
HA
Infil
Medic
Engy

Also, they're screwing with the C85 Modified.  Apparently they managed to make it even worse- now THAT's a feat.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8879 on: December 12, 2013, 10:00:24 pm »

So Vanu and Heavies are getting the nerfbat? That's lovely.

Those SPM charts for BR100s are interesting, too. The SPM calculations are per-weapon, so SMGs and shotguns are identical across all classes and NS weapons identical across all factions... and you can't draw any terribly meaningful conclusions from the LA/Engineers. That infiltrators have the highest weapon SPM is really interesting, though. Glad they just buffed sniper rifles, eh?
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 826