Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089669 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9345 on: January 25, 2014, 12:25:49 am »

Pfft screw recon darts, get some scout radar.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: January 25, 2014, 12:33:44 am »

Speaking of scout radar, does it reveal everyone to all your teammates or only to those inside the vehicle? The description, if I remember correctly, seems to suggest the latter, while the former would be way more useful.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: January 25, 2014, 01:02:28 am »

Proxy radar (tanks) is in-vehicle only.  Scout radar (flash, ESF) is all friendlies.  100m scout radar in the bottom of a biodome can light it up- though someone has to be in it for it to work.

Speaking of K/D, shooting down a 8/12 gal tends to help that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: January 25, 2014, 02:06:02 am »

Pfft screw recon darts, get some scout radar.
I like both, but I see myself using scout radar more when you get xp. :P
They also work well in conjunction, you know. Scout radar shows uncloaked everyone, while recon darts show moving people. The only people you don't see is cloaked non-moving infiltrators, which doesn't last a long time (i.e. cloak drain).

About K/D and SPM... eh. :-\
I have a low-end computer, which I blame for most of my troubles, and a mediocre connection. I've got a much better K/D on Woodman than on Miller (since I can quickscope more reliably and such :P), but they're still all below 1.
Miller (VS)
Woodman (NC)

At least I'm over 100 SPM, and I enjoy the game. :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: January 25, 2014, 02:17:18 am »

I was told that a cloaked infiltrator is undetectable to recon darts and scout radar, as long as he's cloaked.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: January 25, 2014, 06:33:49 am »

EU SERVERS ARE DOWN. DAMMIT.

I spent all night downloading the 8.5Go of updates, all to get a G15 game error, which, after a forum search, has nothing to do with firewall but actually reflects the EU servers like Ceres being down (US servers are apparently fine).

FML.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: January 25, 2014, 08:58:13 am »

I was told that a cloaked infiltrator is undetectable to recon darts and scout radar, as long as he's cloaked.

Yep, cloaking also removes any voice call-outs on you.  Cloak is pretty good; but its also the reason they are the only class with 400 (vs 500) shields.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: January 25, 2014, 09:13:50 am »

I'm pretty sure darts can pick up moving infiltrators, cloaked or not.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: January 25, 2014, 11:06:52 am »

You were told incorrectly about the recon darts - I've killed many an invisible infiltrator I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: January 25, 2014, 11:46:46 am »

As far as I'm aware, since a somewhat recent patch a couple months ago, EVERYBODY who makes any kind of movement will show up with recon darts. If you're cloaked and stationary you are fine as long as nobody notices the refraction around your character model. Ever since somebody in the thread mentioned that each faction has their own cloak activation/deactivation sound I've come to learn what they are, and now I will know there's a cloaker around even before he fires. The problem is that only gives you a split second to react before he shoots you, and more likely than not he'll have an SMG at close range and you're kinda screwed anyways unless you're a heavy with your shield maybe. It's when there's a group of teammates all together and they fail to notice that people are being shot around them that pisses me off. It's almost like nobody in this game has any situational awareness at all, all too focused on one target or area.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #9355 on: January 25, 2014, 01:38:41 pm »

Oh, are we posting our characters now?

My Score/Minute is pretty bad because I spend a lot of time dinking around/flanking, but my K/D ratio is pretty good for someone who only plays infantry. It's not that I'm good or anything, far from it. I just play to survive, not to get kills.

Maybe when the new continent comes out I'll bump it up to a solid 3.0, if I haven't lost it from not playing for so long...
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: January 25, 2014, 01:51:01 pm »

new continent
I have not heard of this, please elaborate?

Also, while I'm at it, might as well. here and there. I never realized just how much I used the DMR until now, I have only used it a couple times since it got a magazine size increase because the other guns are more useful in the battles I usually take part in. I used it mainly because it's basically a futuristic version of the M14, and the M14 is one of my favorite guns in the realities =p

While I'm talking about that, it looks like you have a lot of  kills from your AI max weapons Knight of Fools, so that may also be boosting your KDR. On another note, how are you liking the NS-11A? I haven't tried it myself, just curious.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: January 25, 2014, 01:53:36 pm »

new continent
I have not heard of this, please elaborate?

Hossin, eventually. It'll be the center of the continental lattice. I think it's still on PTS, if you want to see some of it right now.

As for stats, I pretty much think every stat in the game can be padded, if you wanted to. Some are somewhat harder than others, but still not terribly hard. My Vanu alt has 25% more score per minute, because I played it quite a bit during one of the recent double XP weekends, for example... (that and Vanu is easymode. :P)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9358 on: January 25, 2014, 02:05:39 pm »

Buried in the faq for the changes to the membership schemes for SOE's games is the mention that Planetside is going to become a free to play game on april 2nd. I know that there was talk of making it f2p since PS2 launched but this is the first time I've seen a date set for it.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: January 25, 2014, 03:49:37 pm »

Well if we're posting characters, enjoy knowing just how much time I've spent in a reaver, I'm not even an "ace" pilot yet
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 826