Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084979 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9360 on: January 25, 2014, 07:05:01 pm »

new continent
I have not heard of this, please elaborate?

While I'm talking about that, it looks like you have a lot of  kills from your AI max weapons Knight of Fools, so that may also be boosting your KDR. On another note, how are you liking the NS-11A? I haven't tried it myself, just curious.

Yeah, Hossin. It's going to be some swamp continent, and I'm hoping they're taking all the things they learned from updating the other continents and making it awesome.

And pretty much any of the NS weapons rock. Low recoil, good accuracy, and a sizeable magazine? It's no contest most of the time.

And I know my MAX stuff is bumping my K/D ratio. If you're curious, before I used it regularly it hung around 2.67, I think, but it's still something silly I'm proud of. And a surprising number of those kills are opposing MAXes - Most VS MAXes expect me to skiddadle the moment they ZOE around the corner. I can usually take them out without reloading.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: January 25, 2014, 09:28:01 pm »

If you're NC, dual Falcons are now really, really good.  They're good against infantry and great against MAXes.  Hitting with both barrels will take out a full health infantry that isn't packing flak.  I got a 15+ kill streak defending the Octagon from an infantry zerg with them, and that's pretty unheard of from me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: January 27, 2014, 11:21:22 am »

Seconding that falcons are a useful mid range weapon for up to 50 meters now. Not quite as effective at killing large numbers of infantry at once due to time spent reloading, but it's pretty good if you're in a situation where you can safely take cover and peek out for a quick shot. Takes down maxes quite effectively to, not sure if its faster or not then unloading two shotgun arms at point blank though.

Not a particularly good weapon if you're spearheading an advance or holding the line against an enemy advance though, you'll still want your dedicated AI shotguns for that.

Yeah, Hossin. It's going to be some swamp continent, and I'm hoping they're taking all the things they learned from updating the other continents and making it awesome.

From what I've explored of it myself it looked pretty good. I think it had very dense flora so it might not favor ground vehicles in most places. Flying an aircraft in between the many trees should be tricky fun as well. Bases seemed pretty well designed, much like the upcoming new amerish bases (though those might be even more awesome). It'll probably be pretty awesome.  :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:28:55 am by Jelle »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: January 27, 2014, 01:18:09 pm »

Speaking of NC MAX, it could use a real mid-range AI weapon. VS and TR MAXes do just fine outdoors, but you only see NC MAXes in large numbers in biolabs. I'm thinking something like a grenade launcher, pretty much just a copy paste of Falcon but with a decent sized splash (1/2 HE Lightning?) but pitiful direct hit damage.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9364 on: January 27, 2014, 05:33:35 pm »

Game needs flamethrowers. And flamethrowers on MAXes and on tanks, and heck, flamethrowers on airplanes.

Fire makes it good.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: January 27, 2014, 05:36:50 pm »

A preview during OMFG PU1 showed a TR max with a flame thrower.

They're coming.... and might actually give the TR something that'll compete with scat maxes in doors

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: January 27, 2014, 05:37:48 pm »

Flamethrowers would mean biolabs would be on fire constantly, which would be cool but probably not great for actually playing in.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: January 27, 2014, 05:47:03 pm »

Good, all the biolabs need to burn down anyway.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: January 27, 2014, 05:50:35 pm »

Make the flames sticky so they continue burning after you get away, and so they create swaths of area denial. But it would suck hard to make it faction-specific.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9369 on: January 27, 2014, 05:55:49 pm »

Make the flames sticky so they continue burning after you get away, and so they create swaths of area denial. But it would suck hard to make it faction-specific.
So make those separate. VS flamers are sticky, NC flamers are area denial, etc.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: January 27, 2014, 06:12:50 pm »

Oh i have an idea.

VS flamers stun infantry upon hitting and melts vehicle at short range.
TR flamers use up ammo faster than VS flamers don't stun or damage vehicles but deal 1% more damage to infantry overall.
NC flamers fire 3 slow fireballs in random directions that dissipate after 5 meters. They are considered fine because they can oneshot infantry if all 3 balls hit... oh and they have to reload after every shot.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: January 27, 2014, 06:18:03 pm »

NC max is more or less fine at what it does, wich is cqc domination. A mattock with slugs will serve you if you really must go mid range. It'll give you comparable range to the average TR max AI gun albeit with far less sustain but still superior close range effectiveness. In fact I actually find mattock with slugs easier to kill with from extreme ranges than most other max weapons, provided you manage the cone of fire.

Alternatively if they want to take away the NC max's niche and give other maxes a cqc monster like what the flamethrower could be, they do ought to give the NC max a medium range alternative beyond slug shotties. Hell make flamethrower the TR faction weapon, give NC some sort of bolt action railguns for long range domination, and give vanu lasher arms. Yes lasher arms, picture it. :)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: January 27, 2014, 06:20:51 pm »

Lasher arms? Why not extendo-lobster pincers? I mean, they do look like lobster people.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: January 27, 2014, 06:24:27 pm »

Lasher arms? Why not extendo-lobster pincers? I mean, they do look like lobster people.
Oh god that "documentary" XD

By the way, Ceres is still unavailable. So I can't play. :(
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: January 27, 2014, 09:25:57 pm »

I'm pretty sure the MAX flamethrowers are supposed to be NS weapons.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 826