Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084894 times)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9510 on: February 05, 2014, 12:22:23 am »

The pellets from a shottie do leave a trace, but it seems to be less distinct than anything else, like a single trace split up for each pellet - or something like that.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: February 05, 2014, 03:24:14 am »

That's actually why I use it. Great for plinking, great for finishing people off with. 3-5 shot kills at close'ish range, but most shots have 3-4 pellets pretty much dead-centre, giving 1-3 hits, which isn't bad in comparison to most semi-auto weapons, except that they rock up close. But yeah, BRs are very under-rated. I always wonder how a small group (3-4) of them would do. Considering the ammo, rocket, turret, whatever support a small group could hold, it's scary.  But any small (2-5 strong) group can do wonders in PS2.

But that's why I tend to love engys. No matter what's going on, you've always got something to do. XP/cert earning stuff. In any group. People die, but they usually use ammo or need repairs before they do it. So much to do, unlimited bullets to do it with........
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:41:27 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: February 05, 2014, 03:32:42 pm »

Speaking of shotguns, are VS ones silenced?

Whenever some sneaky spandex wearing twat shoots me in the back the only thing I hear is the impact of the pellets against my soft fleshy torso

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: February 05, 2014, 10:24:26 pm »

I have one bit of advice for extreme newbs.

When you get your first few certs,  invest in your suit. There are a range of one cert improvements in that catagory for all classes, and it provides a bit of a bump to your survival. Also, given that most early certs are in the 30-50 range, its very easy to overlook the ones that are basically free like that.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: February 06, 2014, 04:09:10 am »

I've been doing scrim practice with my outfit recently, by doing intra-outfit competition. We're preparing for a scrim on Saturday against a TR outfit on Connery.

My outfit leaders only want me to play as heavy now, since I'm apparently so good at killing things that it would be a waste for me to be anywhere else. I find this arrangement satisfactory. I enjoy killing things and I feel flattered that my skill at killing things is regarded well enough such that I am assigned the class whose sole purpose is killing things better than all other classes.

Even though this stuff is intense and competitive, it's also somewhat unsatisfying. I'm spending all this time playing Planetside 2, but on PTS alts, so I'm not working on unlocking things that would make me more competitive on the live servers. I feel like I'm doing all this work and it's not counting for anything, and having everything unlocked on the PTS somehow cheapens the experience.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: February 06, 2014, 09:50:19 am »

Are you improving as a player, though?

Perhaps your outfit isn't moving in the direction you want, and you should come enjoy the Glorious Golden Freedom?

Spoiler: Truly glorious (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: February 06, 2014, 10:14:30 am »

Epic camos XD
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: February 07, 2014, 02:33:32 am »

There are ES sniper rifles on the test server right now. And each of them adheres to their faction traits in their own unique way.

The NC get a hard-hitting sniper rifle that can damage armor and change fire modes to a FUCKING SHOTGUN and the VS have a semi-auto sniper rifle that can charge up to do bolt action damage and best of all has NO FUCKING DROP and the TR have a burst fire/full auto sniper rifle with horizontal recoil so bad it's basically FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO SHOOT ANYTHING

And crossbows. You like crossbows? What the hell, let's have crossbows.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: February 07, 2014, 03:04:47 am »

Snniper/shotgun? Holy shit that sounds awesome, I'm so happy right now that I picked NC.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: February 07, 2014, 04:24:25 am »

Let's hope SOE has learnt its lesson about shotgun infiltrators.

Also, that cooldown on the Shade. And you can't even hold the charge for long. Missing with that weapon will be brutal.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: February 07, 2014, 05:55:13 am »

I think they should remake the TR sniper into an accurate 2 shot burst rifle similar to AN-94
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN-94
Basically a rifle that rapidly fires 2 bullets that hit the exact same spot.
It would turn it into a nice hybrid of semi auto and bolt action... just add a cooldown between "bursts" and there ya go.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: February 07, 2014, 11:11:21 am »

What's the (purported, at least) advantage of the shotgun sniper over a single bullet in the braincase?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9522 on: February 07, 2014, 11:13:06 am »

What's the (purported, at least) advantage of the shotgun sniper over a single bullet in the braincase?
As I understand it, the gun is normally a regular sniper rifle but has an alt-fire which is a close range shotgun.

So... versatility would be the advantage I suppose.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: February 07, 2014, 11:13:43 am »

Sniper rifles are useless in CQC, and shotguns are the best CQC weapon.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: February 07, 2014, 11:57:48 am »

Oh, so it's not something ridiculous like a sniper-range shotgun blast?  Good to know.
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 826