Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085009 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9765 on: March 02, 2014, 04:45:34 pm »

Should I get HV ammo for Warden? I just bought the gun and I'm liking it so far, but I haven't played enough with it to get a good feel for it.
Remember that anything that changes bullet velocity will throw off your ingrained aiming. If you haven't used it much, get the ammo, as it will make it easier to land shots, and those shots will hurt more. Otherwise, it might not make that big of a jump to use.

And yes, battle rifles are awesome. I have 3 times as many kills with mine as I do with my next best weapon. Granted, it might be the whole playing sniper as an engineer bit.

Personally, I think Engie's might have too much going for them. At the moment, mine has a sniper rifle or unlimited smoke grenades or unlimited frags, a pistol, a repair device, c4, and either an antipersonnel mana turret/ammo pack. Protip for engie's who might miss it. If you press the change fire mode button when going to build your turret, you can drop an ammo pack instead. Yes, there are times you want both out, but there are also times you want C4 available.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: March 02, 2014, 05:05:24 pm »

Its fun playing sniper as an light assault.

Even with the base rifle (for the NC) its good to do.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: March 02, 2014, 07:31:38 pm »

Should I get HV ammo for Warden? I just bought the gun and I'm liking it so far, but I haven't played enough with it to get a good feel for it.

I can't say I've extensively used it post-buff, but generally yes.  The gun zeros so fast that the extra recoil isn't noticeable if you let it zero between shots, which you should because it's got a decent kick anyway, especially at its ideal range.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: March 02, 2014, 09:01:21 pm »

It also increases your minimum damage range. It's not nearly as useful as SPA.
HVA increases your maximum damage range, SPA increases minimum damage range. SPA also reduces muzzle velocity, so shooting at targets further away is more difficult. So it really depends what ranges you're engaging at.

I've been wanting to try the Warden but I don't play engineer much at all, I'm more of a medic kinda person =p

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: March 02, 2014, 09:17:16 pm »

You've reversed them. The range where your gun deals max damage, i.e. between 0m and 10m for most guns, is the maximum damage range. The range where your gun deals minimum damage, i.e., between 50m to 85m for most guns, is the minimum damage range. SPA increases the former, while HVA increases the latter.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: March 02, 2014, 11:32:09 pm »

Jim's right. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: March 02, 2014, 11:45:16 pm »

Mmmhmm, was thinking it backwards =p

In any case, it doesn't make SPA 'better' than HVA.

I will say that most engagements I've been in have been fairly close quarters. In an open fight, rare as they are, HVA is useful for me.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: March 03, 2014, 08:44:52 am »

I tested the striker again today... what did they do to lockons? The range is so pathetic that aircraft have to literally fly right next to the ground for you to lock on rockets crash into the ground with alarming frequency and the striker is extra screwed because you have to keep the target locked... and since the range you cna lock in at is so smal... well the rockets will often commit sudoku.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: March 03, 2014, 08:50:23 am »

well the rockets will often commit sudoku.

They get bored and go off to do number puzzles?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: March 03, 2014, 10:43:14 am »

So, I think this'll work on my new computer. Aside from the faction (I'm pretty sure I want to do VS first), what would you guys suggest as far as tips and such go?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: March 03, 2014, 10:50:06 am »

Play Engineer first and repair stuff until you figure out the flow of the game. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: March 03, 2014, 10:51:55 am »

Why do you hate freedom :'(
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: March 03, 2014, 11:01:40 am »

Why do you hate freedom :'(
I always pick the techy side. I just like how then tend to look.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: March 03, 2014, 11:45:02 am »

Glorious Purple Spandex?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: March 03, 2014, 12:47:49 pm »

GPS? That would be a good outfit name, actually... :D
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 826