Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084903 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10410 on: May 06, 2014, 10:11:06 pm »

Main char on Briggs? LA.
So much fun. You don't realize how many people don't look up until you shoot their face. Especially if you've a silencer?
The advantage of the LA is getting the one-up over any other class, and in places which have heights and elevated areas? The only problem you'll face is your darn aim.
Which...is my problem. :I

The 2 C4 I got for 700 certs on my HA was so worth it. It let me not be useless in close quarters vs vehicles. Sneaking up to tanks and blowing them up is so worth it. Another good use is dropping them in a doorway and blowing up MAXes. HAs aren't as good as placing C4 compared to LA, but unlike the LA HAs don't become useless (vs vehicles or gobs of people) after delivering C4. :3
HMPH.
Bullet sponges =  3 =

Now to earn 300 more certs for that next C4 pack. VERY useful when making a planned explosive at common areas of movement. On the plus side? If you upgrade your jetpack, you can drop C4 while boosting above the enemy group :3

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10411 on: May 06, 2014, 10:14:04 pm »

Tree camping LAs are little girls. Feel free to aggressively flank enemy positions and push the assault.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: May 06, 2014, 10:17:33 pm »

Tree camping LAs are little girls. Feel free to aggressively flank enemy positions and push the assault.
Why, thank you. Am I also pretty? :P

Because the mounds of corpses lying by the tree seem to say so.
But seriously: That's one tactic best situationally used. FLANKING = WIN.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10413 on: May 06, 2014, 10:20:44 pm »

On the downside? If anyone sees you you're going to crash from the weight of lead suddenly in your body :v

Also, if you don't kill someone from the tree fast enough you're toast. Some LAs try to kill me from a bit off from a tree. I turn around, pop the overshield and 3-burst-fire them to death~

x3.4 scope ftw!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: May 06, 2014, 10:24:12 pm »

Why, thank you. Am I also pretty? :P

Because the mounds of corpses lying by the tree seem to say so.
But seriously: That's one tactic best situationally used. FLANKING = WIN.

Last I checked, there weren't a whole lot of control points situated in trees. I don't play much on Esamir though, maybe it has some...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10415 on: May 06, 2014, 10:27:46 pm »

I dont honestly feel like I could of done more by flanking, it was a pretty massive battle and I'm not personally good enough to do much even if I did successfully flank. It sounds like you know what you're capable of - which is fine, I'm willing to bet a tree camp is probably less effective no matter how successfully you pull it off. However, for mediocre players like me, it's really effective, and not just for my cert gain.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty silly that I wasnt spotted earlier. Although it was a good tree - among many, on the front lines, with a branch that hid me from their side. Coupled with the silencer, it makes it slightly more plausible they'd ignore the LA mowing down the front lines for 10 minutes.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 10:30:04 pm by Rex_Nex »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10416 on: May 06, 2014, 10:56:59 pm »

The silencer actually probably helped a lot. When I try to spot peopleto kill, I look at the red dots on the minimap.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10417 on: May 06, 2014, 10:58:13 pm »

Problem is that when you're hit, you know where the general direction comes from.  ::)
Grr that.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: May 07, 2014, 12:55:09 am »

Shotgun LAs are awesome in towers. If you start taking damage, more often than not you can just jump off the balcony to stop it. And when you're climbing you tend to pop up near enemies very suddenly, so you can often take out a heavy before he can turn on his shield (one or two decent shots are enough if you're close).

Anyhow, I think I may have a problem. Ever since I upgraded my Flash during the last double XP weekend, I've been driving it everywhere instead of walking, even inside buildings. And it kinda looks like a rascal :-\
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10419 on: May 08, 2014, 09:08:26 pm »

Hey do you guys know what system requirements I need to play in battles  well? Right now I have trouble with lag/low FPS and Im not sure which is the problem because Im playing from a college connection on a laptop.

According to the website I need

OS - Windows 7
Processor - Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
Memory - 8 GB RAM
Hard Drive - 15 GB free
Video Memory - 1,024 MB RAM
Video Card - nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
Sound Card - DirectX compatible

I have
OS - Windows 8.1
Processor - Intel i7-4700MQ processor
Memory - 8 GB RAM
Hard Drive - LOTS
Video Memory - 2,048MB RAM
Video Card - nVidia GeForce GT 740m
Sound Card - DirectX compatible

I should be doing really well, especially since the game is from 2012 while the laptop is form 2013 with a new Haswell chip but right now it seems pretty bad. Im also playing on Medium setting with 75% render quality

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10420 on: May 08, 2014, 09:27:58 pm »

What you've posted looks like it should be fine.

Hitting alt+f should bring up a fps counter in the bottom left and it will also tell you if it is your cpu or graphics card that is throttling the game more.

A couple of things to check.

Are you using a wired connection for your internet access? Wireless is a frequent cause of lag problems in many games.
Try shutting down any other programs that may be running. Also check for anything running in the background.
If you are confident in what you are doing, experiment with shutting off your anti-virus and firewall when playing. Sometimes these interact poorly with a game and can cause issues, sometimes it is only a particular combination of firewall and AV that cause issues, may be worth checking.
Are you playing on a server that matches where in the world you are?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10421 on: May 08, 2014, 09:49:13 pm »

Are you playing at minimal settings? That worked for me  - I can go for 30 minutes between crashes if I'm lucky now! :P
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10422 on: May 08, 2014, 09:53:47 pm »

If you have shadows on, turn shadows off.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10423 on: May 08, 2014, 09:57:40 pm »

If you have shadows on, turn shadows off.

This is one of the major things. Vehicle shadows seem to cause a LOT of lag.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10424 on: May 08, 2014, 10:16:45 pm »

dynamic shadows are generally (always?) a huge drag on performance.
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 826