Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084966 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10680 on: June 21, 2014, 11:36:21 am »

To be frank I'm a little disappointed with our new Waterson "friends."

Acquisitions of cheating, rigging, overpop, etc. are running rampant. When we (Mattherson) heard that we lost, we were content though disappointed. In fact some of the Waterson players came into our TS channels and trash talked at us. Now, we are trying to be as sportsman like as possible.
Yeah, it'd be easier to keep your sanity if you just ignore /yell from Waterson people... I think I've met about 3 people total who were hospitable, one who was an infiltrator from an enemy empire that I had killed with a desperado+flashlight.
We planned on winning (Though, we didn't steamroll as we thought we would), and decided before hand to ask for "Emerald" to prevent hurt feelings. I wonder if Waterson would have done the same?
The more mature ones would have been fine with it, I honestly have no idea because I only ever see the picture from the NC side. I'm considering making a TR alt, although I might have to make VR one and deal with weapons and vehicles that I'm not interested in just to get some good squads. The meaty high-damage guns and heavy tanks are the whole reason I'm playing NC in the first place.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: June 21, 2014, 02:02:49 pm »

To be frank I'm a little disappointed with our new Waterson "friends."

Acquisitions of cheating, rigging, overpop, etc. are running rampant. When we (Mattherson) heard that we lost, we were content though disappointed. In fact some of the Waterson players came into our TS channels and trash talked at us. Now, we are trying to be as sportsman like as possible.
Yeah, it'd be easier to keep your sanity if you just ignore /yell from Waterson people... I think I've met about 3 people total who were hospitable, one who was an infiltrator from an enemy empire that I had killed with a desperado+flashlight.
We planned on winning (Though, we didn't steamroll as we thought we would), and decided before hand to ask for "Emerald" to prevent hurt feelings. I wonder if Waterson would have done the same?
The more mature ones would have been fine with it, I honestly have no idea because I only ever see the picture from the NC side. I'm considering making a TR alt, although I might have to make VR one and deal with weapons and vehicles that I'm not interested in just to get some good squads. The meaty high-damage guns and heavy tanks are the whole reason I'm playing NC in the first place.

Try not to look at it like that, there was always going to be hurt feelings from the moment they decided the winner was getting more than bragging rights. There is going to be some trash right now, but it's not really a problem with waterson players in general, it's just a people thing. Im sure that we'd of been playing on Emerald regardless of the winner.

The best thing right now is just to let the hard feelings die out as the mergersmash excitement dies down and be happy that we're finally getting merged.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: June 21, 2014, 08:21:36 pm »

Lets not pretend mattherson players are somehow superior.

not like we don't have our fair share, hell, en masse trolling over /yell is like GOKU's calling card.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: June 21, 2014, 08:25:49 pm »

*Cough*
"Our plan as of right now is to get Hossin, continent locking, outfit recruitment & outfit base capture live with next week's update."

I'll believe that when me shit turns purple etc etc
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: June 23, 2014, 05:03:17 pm »

So apparently BuzzCut was back on mattherson a yesterday.

I interpret this as the coming of the end of days, since NC also won an indar alert that same night.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: June 23, 2014, 06:18:33 pm »

Waterson just held a server-wide harasser race to commemorate the merging of servers. It was surprisingly fun, got to the last base before the finish line before jumping off a ramp onto a pipe that flipped me =( perhaps next time I'll actually cert my harasser a bit just for fun.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: June 23, 2014, 06:31:38 pm »

*Cough*
"Our plan as of right now is to get Hossin, continent locking, outfit recruitment & outfit base capture live with next week's update."

It reminds me of the whole second coming of Jesus thing. "Jesus is coming, guys! Honest! Any century now!"

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: June 26, 2014, 03:12:03 am »

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/update-notes-06-26.191225/

Once the servers update it will be live, hopefully it won't be too buggy.

Also:

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: June 26, 2014, 10:06:38 am »

*Cough*

It reminds me of the whole second coming of Jesus thing. "Jesus is coming, guys! Honest! Any century now!"

We Have Hossin!

Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: June 26, 2014, 10:18:19 am »

Yay a cont where I don't have to worry about lolpodders.

Oh wait, thermals :'(

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: June 26, 2014, 02:18:39 pm »

Yay a cont where I don't have to worry about lolpodders.

Oh wait, thermals :'(
Thermals isn't your problem, the problem is everyone and their buddy is swarming across Hossin to the point where its revealed theres actually a queue for warping between continents. The only time people weren't was during the Indar-locking alert of massive success on Emerald. (or massive failure, in the TR's case :P)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:32:15 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: June 26, 2014, 08:05:33 pm »

We Have Hossin!

Sadly it does nothing to fix the fact that fights consist of 1 minute of fighting and 5 minutes of spawn camping, which IMO is a base design problem. It's understandable that it exists on the older continents that were made early on in the development, since fixing it there would require completely redesigning every base. I was hoping Hossin, which was built from scratch after the problem became apparent, wouldn't suffer from it. Unfortunately it does.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: June 26, 2014, 08:07:44 pm »

Anyway for people to counter it then?
Like, respawn at nearby base and pull reinforcements (air/armor) instead of respawning in the (most probably doomed) base?
From what I've noticed, those doomed bases already have enemy entrenchments in place. Sunderers parked in strategic locations whereas the defenders all come from 1/2 static locations--easy to target and bombard.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: June 26, 2014, 09:32:03 pm »

Hosin is fun, as is Outfit-X...

Also, trees are the grunts best friend. Getting chased by a tank? Into the roots you go.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: June 27, 2014, 03:07:28 am »

Yeah, If you are getting spawn camped, it is time to move on.

If you aren't successful. Reflect on your current strategy and try a new angle. The best advice I can give for PS2 and all games really.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 826