Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089526 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11625 on: February 13, 2015, 09:37:26 am »

Higby, the creative directer, has left Daybreak (SOE).
I'm still trying to believe that it isn't over.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2vqcge/thank_you_to_the_planetside_2_community/
But did he leave or be let go? Its probably a relevant diference for once.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: February 13, 2015, 09:39:39 am »

Higby, the creative directer, has left Daybreak (SOE).
I'm still trying to believe that it isn't over.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2vqcge/thank_you_to_the_planetside_2_community/
But did he leave or be let go? Its probably a relevant diference for once.
The wording suggests it was his choice to go
This is a move I've been considering for a while now, and the reorganization provided the right opportunity for me to exit.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: February 13, 2015, 02:55:04 pm »

It's also a PR statement. It might very well have been a case of "you either go on your own and say that you've been wanting to for a while or we'll fire you". I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: February 15, 2015, 04:37:04 am »

It may be the case, but I'm willing to take it for face value. Higby had good reasons to leave on his own terms. Losing your team like that feels terrible.

In other news, I got the Sweetheart (the Valentine's Hunter QCX). I'm enjoying it a lot, it's a ton of fun with a stalker infil because it feels more like a primary than a secondary. It could certainly do with a buff so it's viable on other classes, though. Perhaps give it extended mags, increasing the clip from 4 -> 6? That'd be pretty useful. That or a velocity increase, right now the bolts move so goddamn slow, you need to be leading your target quite a lot even in midrange combat.

It's hard to say, the Hunter QCX, while competitive with the better sidearms when used a primary, is not nearly as good when used as a secondary (need aimed shots, takes twice as long to equip as other secondaries) and obviously isn't at all competitive with real primaries. This puts in it a weird spot where basically the only time you really want the Hunter over the other sidearms is when your primary is out of ammo and you're in a spot where you can put down some well aimed shots without dying. It's not a backup weapon at all. It shines with stalker, but is pretty bad anywhere else.

Buuut you get the sweetheart title when you kill 60 people, that alone is worth it. So adorable!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:38:55 am by Rex_Nex »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: February 17, 2015, 11:20:42 pm »

tl;dr: Game will be fine, the company size hasn't actually decreased the much, be ready for slow down of new features though, if you want to take a break it's fine and the game will still be here in 1, 2 or more months. Plus PS4 and XBox = new clients = more money (with "minimal" effort, they basically "only" port) => more development.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: February 17, 2015, 11:58:06 pm »

slow down of new features though

So, a feature every year?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11632 on: March 16, 2015, 05:28:27 am »

Resurrection! Boring words wish to dribble out of my mouth.

I aurax'd a few more weapons - the Jackhammer and the SAW, ye olde NC weaponry. The Jackhammer I feel kind of bad about using, it may be a wee bit too powerful. It's like a pump action with thrice the range and a quick reload. In trade, you get 4 bursts instead of 6 and your TTK is almost instant instead of instant. The only time it's measurably less powerful is when fighting a overshield heavy toe-to-toe - it'll take two bursts/shells from either gun, and the pump is a little faster at doing that. It's just a bit too cheesy to retain that pump ohko while still being able to nuke some poor sap across the room because dat tiny cone of fire.

The SAW was pretty boring. It's a weapon geared towards a specific range that most fighting doesn't occur in, and the fact it's horrific compared to the other LMGs if you try moving while firing is kind of lame. Massive ammo pool and a really great weapon for killing damage opponents, but otherwise probably one of the worst available to the NC, trumping only the EM1.

Next is the EM6. Maybe the NS-15M if I get bored of that annoying NC recoil.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:30:24 am by Rex_Nex »

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: March 16, 2015, 06:25:04 am »

Granted its probably been a year since I last played - did the GodSAW get nerfed?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: March 16, 2015, 08:07:53 am »

GodSAW is a SAW that's still accurate while moving and has a more reasonable reload, but 25 less rounds. Most consider it a buff over the old GodSAW with the massive magazine, so no, it didnt
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 06:43:31 am by Rex_Nex »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: March 16, 2015, 05:15:11 pm »

I was waiting for some new updates from Daybreak before reviving the topic. I stopped playing for unrelated reasons (Monster Hunter 4U was released) and check reddit occasionally. It seems that right now they're working on a visual update for MAX weapons and tracers. The tracers excite me because they made it so a tracer is only fired every couple of rounds (at least on vehicles, not sure about small arms).

Anyways... As a main NC I am disappointed that we've more shotgun type stuff than we have, say, Railjack-type guns. VS are the most unique faction, especially with their directive weapons.
NC do get a lot of good guns, and a variety of them too, while VS and TR seem to be stuck with a select few guns that may be great but make the rest of their arsenal potatoes.

I love the EM6. Get extended mags and you will never look back. Thankfully guns don't overheat in this game unless it's a turret.

Zombat: The "GodSAW" is no longer called the GodSAW because new weapons you unlock by auraxiuming 5 weapons of the same class were added, and the NC LMG you unlock is called the GodSAW. Now there's the NC6 Gauss Saw (default gun) and the GodSAW (directive gun).

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: May 02, 2015, 05:15:12 pm »

Ooh, with the NS Blackhand now available, there's a new "do everything" build available.

Engineer w/
Blackhand (your mini battle rifle)
High Capacity SMG (or favourite shotgun. CQB kit)
AT MANA Turret (anti tank option)

You can snipe with your pistol (yep, that's what it's for), go in close with your SMG (while being semi competitive at mid-range), as well as go all AT on vehicles when needed.

This is along with ammo resupply, repairing, mine dropping and everything else. You'll never really run out of gameplay fun.

Admittedly it can't do anti air, but who really can other than a heavy?

The kit works pretty well for any class. Just what we needed, a sniper pistol. Lol.

Here's Wrel's always honest review of the weapon:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zHSclN1HMek
It's a game. Have fun.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11637 on: May 02, 2015, 09:55:46 pm »

Ooh, with the NS Blackhand now available, there's a new "do everything" build available.

Engineer w/
Blackhand (your mini battle rifle)
High Capacity SMG (or favourite shotgun. CQB kit)
AT MANA Turret (anti tank option)

You can snipe with your pistol (yep, that's what it's for), go in close with your SMG (while being semi competitive at mid-range), as well as go all AT on vehicles when needed.

This is along with ammo resupply, repairing, mine dropping and everything else. You'll never really run out of gameplay fun.

Admittedly it can't do anti air, but who really can other than a heavy?

The kit works pretty well for any class. Just what we needed, a sniper pistol. Lol.

Here's Wrel's always honest review of the weapon:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zHSclN1HMek
Anti air is best done with a Max or Skyguard. Heavy's are great for chasing things away, but it's pretty hard to actually get a kill with one. Ironically, an engi running from base to base with a Skyguard CAN do everything.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: May 02, 2015, 10:00:37 pm »

I think it's pretty unfortunate that the game is free to play. If it were a 'normal' release then they could probably fix a ton of the stuff that's wrong with the game, but since people have paid money for specific wepaons and gear and such you can't really make any drastic changes without people getting angry. Heck, if you increase the cone of fire of a weapon by 0.001 degrees people will flip out and say the gun they paid money for is now worthless.

I bring this up because the concept of battle rifles appeal to me but they are inferior to pretty much any other weapon, and this new one just makes battle rifles feel even more worthless as you can now have your battle rifle and your automatic rifle.

Granted I havne't played since around the time Higby left, not necessarily because of the company change but because other games have come out and have brought my attention away. I'm hoping that at some point I'll come back to the game and feel refreshed. I did try it out the other day with my brand new 970 and the framerate was much more appealing than when I had my 670.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: May 03, 2015, 04:15:35 am »

I think it's pretty unfortunate that the game is free to play. If it were a 'normal' release then they could probably fix a ton of the stuff that's wrong with the game, but since people have paid money for specific wepaons and gear and such you can't really make any drastic changes without people getting angry. Heck, if you increase the cone of fire of a weapon by 0.001 degrees people will flip out and say the gun they paid money for is now worthless.

...you're kidding right?

Striker was a decent weapon on release, some said it was even OP (I disagree, but that's not the point).

Over the next few months, patches nerfed it into the ground so hard it's now one of the worst, most useless weapons in the game. There's no advantages over the default dumbfire launcher, and lots of disadvantages that make it complete suicide to try and use it.

They've done the same with other weapons, but the striker really stands out because of just how laughably terrible it is right now (unless they've since buffed it again, I have not played since they turned into daybreak games).
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 826