Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084905 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11970 on: February 10, 2016, 01:50:40 am »

They are probably not NC.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11971 on: March 14, 2016, 08:01:24 pm »

Ugh, I think I've had it with this game. Every single time, it's just getting stomped by guys with full cash-shop gear whose cash-shop guns go straight for my forehead and instakill. Or it's heavy assault spam, a class I consider to be overpowered since at the same time it can take down both tanks and infantry and has an overpowered shield. Or it's trying to drive a tank and then getting swarmed by rockets before you can do anything.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11972 on: March 14, 2016, 09:19:44 pm »

I hope you were in a squad while you're complaining about crap. Being alone or in the zerg tends to either go nowhere or head straight into bad fights that take ages. Or people want to take Da Crown from the bottom.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11973 on: March 14, 2016, 09:28:58 pm »

Most of the 'cash shop guns' aren't too much better than the default guns. For a long time the default VS LMG was considered overpowered because it was one of the low recoil damage tiers and had a movement speed bonus, making them able to chain headshots while ADADAD all over the place. Honestly, I have no idea how people are so good at this game. I've seen videos of people playing and their crosshairs zip straight to where they want them to be. Even with mouse acceleration etc. disabled I can't do that, let alone snipe people full-auto with assault rifles/lmgs like everyone else can.

Heavy is still the best at 1v1 fights because of the so-called "I win shield" and decent guns that can just keep shooting without reloading (quite literally in the case of the Betelgeuse). Not only that they have access to 4 insta-full heals with no cooldown whatsoever, allowing them to basically function without medic support (or engineer support in the case of the Betelgeuse). The only thing Heavy can't really 1v1 effectively are MAXes, and even then they can just use rockets if their aim is good.

Honestly, right now I'm just waiting for the construction update.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11974 on: March 14, 2016, 09:33:27 pm »

If you're shooting rockets at the MAX you'll probably get blown up by the max. Or a nearby aircraft. More likely to be unnoticed throwing grenades at it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11975 on: March 14, 2016, 10:03:35 pm »

The only thing Heavy can't really 1v1 effectively are MAXes, and even then they can just use rockets if their aim is good.

Anti-vehicle grenade and anti-tank rocket pretty much kills a MAX 1v1, unless it has flak. You never survive the engagement, but the MAX dies shortly after you do -- worth it.

LMG, AA lockon, AV grenade, recon xbow, medkit heavy basically has an option for any situation. It might not be excellent in all situations (killing vehicles isn't something infantry does, for example), but it at least has a reasonable option.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:06:51 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11976 on: March 15, 2016, 06:13:04 am »

Most of the 'cash shop guns' aren't too much better than the default guns. For a long time the default VS LMG was considered overpowered because it was one of the low recoil damage tiers and had a movement speed bonus, making them able to chain headshots while ADADAD all over the place. Honestly, I have no idea how people are so good at this game. I've seen videos of people playing and their crosshairs zip straight to where they want them to be. Even with mouse acceleration etc. disabled I can't do that, let alone snipe people full-auto with assault rifles/lmgs like everyone else can.

Heavy is still the best at 1v1 fights because of the so-called "I win shield" and decent guns that can just keep shooting without reloading (quite literally in the case of the Betelgeuse). Not only that they have access to 4 insta-full heals with no cooldown whatsoever, allowing them to basically function without medic support (or engineer support in the case of the Betelgeuse). The only thing Heavy can't really 1v1 effectively are MAXes, and even then they can just use rockets if their aim is good.

Whats your framerate like?

I found once my FPS dipped below 25 I couldn't do anything resembling precision.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11977 on: March 15, 2016, 11:57:40 am »

Whats your framerate like?

I found once my FPS dipped below 25 I couldn't do anything resembling precision.

Seconding this. I've found PS2 notoriously difficulty to aim in at low FPS. Upgrading my graphics card literally tripled my K:D performance overnight.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11978 on: March 15, 2016, 11:59:34 am »

Medkit spam is just bullshit

"oh i'll just spam one of my healthkits, get an instant full heal and a few seconds of invincibility and run through this room full of enemies without dying"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11979 on: March 15, 2016, 03:34:21 pm »

For my system specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.0ghz
EVGA GTX 970
Running the game from an SSD, the the OS on a separate SSD
16GB RAM (because I kept getting RAM issues with 8gb)

My framerate stays around 60 capped by CPU ever since I upgraded my computer. Well, actually, the only thing I kept were the hard drives, the GPU, and the case, but still. It will dip below 60 during large battles or when there's tons of crap on the screen. I've noticed a very strange phenomenon where sometimes when the FPS drops it goes to just the right 'speed' where if I'm controlling recoil correctly then the screen doesn't even appear to move. It's pretty rare though. As for my settings, various things are either turns all the way to maximum or turned off completely. I used this little guide to help tweak my settings. Also, pro tip, if you want motion blur (because your framerate sucks) set the 'overall quality' to ULTRA and then tweak everything from there (Unless they changed something? I don't play with motion blur on so...)

I also just bought a new mouse since the wheel on my old one died and I fiddled with the settings. I discovered that Windows's mouse speed settings are completely useless and should stay on 6. I used to use 5500 DPI and windows set to 4, now I'm using 2200 DPI and windows set to 6. Granted, I haven't actually tried using the mouse to game yet as I just got it yesterday before going to bed, but when I tried it in VR training I seem to be able to control recoil a little better.
And here are my in-game sensitivities. I'm still trying to tweak them just a little to make them right.
Overall: 0.223
Vehicle: 0.108
Flight: 0.180 (But I don't fly anyways sooooo...)
Scoped: 0.154 (This is for any optic that renders an overlay on your screen, typically anything above 4x)
Aimed: 0.169

Regarding medkits, as someone who considers themselves a medic 'main' they make me sad. Too many times I have gone to try to heal someone, only for them to look look straight at me and chug a healing potion. It doesn't help that they have access to four at a time. There's a reason I don't even use the healing AOE ability any more in favor of the bubble, but that leaves me with medics who refuse to heal me because they just assume that all medics can heal themselves. For a time I even ran with healing potions myself but the C4 is too useful.

Offensively they make me sad too. There's practically no penalty for coming out of a fight with only 1 hp left, so even if I just barely lose to someone then they'll be at full strength in a couple second anyways. It's almost like modern Call of Duty.

EDIT: Be glad you don't have to deal with the pre-nerf ZOE and other shenanigans.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:48:20 pm by OzyTheSage »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11980 on: March 15, 2016, 03:54:28 pm »

Haven't played in ages, but Planetside ran at 20-25 FPS tops, and I had a pretty hard time. The fact my computer broke didn't help - now I'm running CSGO at 25-30 FPS... >.>

Have there been many optimisation patches recently?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: March 15, 2016, 04:09:38 pm »

If by 'optimization' you mean 'gutting features so the game runs on a PS4' then... technically yes...?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11982 on: March 15, 2016, 05:00:59 pm »

Eh, Wrel is on the dev team now and they really seem to care, I'm just afraid it might be too late considering how much the population has decreased...

And I use the aoe heal over the bubble because the heal has more combat potential. Also obviously because c4 is basically a Swiss army knife in this game.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11983 on: March 15, 2016, 05:11:32 pm »

I never doubted DBG's enthusiasm, but they're undermanned and underfunded. Plus they're not exactly the world's best devs in terms of skill around, and they're trying to work on a very, very complex machine. We all know that the more moving parts a machine has the more likely it is to break. I'll say it again: PS2 on PS4 dealt a huge blow to the game. It was a huge investment of time and resources on a game already dwindling in population. It may have even been part of why SOE had to be sold in the first place. We're lucky we're even getting any updates at all.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11984 on: March 15, 2016, 07:58:31 pm »

Are they still also wasting time on the yet-another-unfinished-survival-thing h1z1?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 826