Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089498 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #12120 on: July 10, 2016, 09:25:35 pm »

I started playing again after 6 months, and I'm really impressed with how they've managed to make the spawn screen even worse.
That's a recent change. I actually miss the spawn timer from a week ago, and I don't know why they couldn't simply have just used it for the map screen instead of using that shitty timer bar for both the quick-spawn and map spawn screens.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12121 on: July 10, 2016, 09:28:42 pm »

Lightning
While those are all true, you forgot to mention how the Lightning does not have any turret stabilization, yet the Harasser and Sunderer do. Kinda makes aiming that much more difficult.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #12122 on: July 10, 2016, 10:54:42 pm »

I'm still wondering, can a Valk with 2xHA AA rockets do a thing against skyknights? I know the short range and long lock-on timers will make it difficult, but one-upping them with ground based weapons might be fun.

Bring the nerfed bats to them. Satisfying if you can get at least a few hits in, even if you need a full crew and they only need one person to ping you down.

It's a pity that no small arms work well vs ESFs, otherwise I'd suggest a full vanu-mobile-disco party van. So do you think rockets would work now? From a valk? Or just better to use wing guns for A2G and give up on AA gunship all together? Or be a lib and stand a chance.....

(I really should play this again)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:15:31 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12123 on: July 10, 2016, 11:21:23 pm »

This person has some impressive Valk gameplay. She seems to run with an pair of HA and 1 or 2 engineers.(including the gunner.) this is one of the latest videos from her

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #12124 on: July 10, 2016, 11:58:16 pm »

Nice. Seems to work ok, with a small squad.

You'd also have some pretty impressive attack from the ground capabilities with that setup if you get bored of flying. Ditch the valk and de-zerg an area with HAs, AT-turrets and more ammo packs than you'll ever need. Seems like fun.

I'm not saying 5-6 ESFs with lolpods couldn't be a similar amount of fun, but I think skyknights may be an internet meme (possibly a very vocal one).

It may be easier to get 5 average/good ESF pilots in the sky to make mincemeat of an area, but 5 good tankers, MAX/Engi teams, infil squads, a valk squad, anything, has a dominating effect too. It just butt-hurts less from a valk than an ESF wing, because you felt like you had a chance to blow them all up at once.

And yes, 5 average ESFs are a lot better than one good valk squad, regardless of resource cost/timers. Because there's 5 of them.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 12:19:16 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12125 on: July 11, 2016, 12:25:05 am »

Mmph, all this talk about Planetside 2 makes me want to jump in again with a new character(?) maybe .__.
Although I'm playing from the Philippines and have forgotten which is the best server to connect to, for stability.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12126 on: July 11, 2016, 12:27:06 am »

If the Australian server is still running that could be a good bet, but Daybreak pretty much puts all their love into Emerald because that's where a majority of players are.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12127 on: July 11, 2016, 04:08:51 am »

I remember the TR's minigun with extended mag was a good way of telling ESFs to fuck off.

Managed to shoot down a few that didn't take the hint too.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12128 on: July 11, 2016, 06:33:19 am »

This person has some impressive Valk gameplay. She seems to run with an pair of HA and 1 or 2 engineers.(including the gunner.) this is one of the latest videos from her

Damn, that girl is awesome. In more ways than one...

Too bad she's a Vanu player.

I remember the TR's minigun with extended mag was a good way of telling ESFs to fuck off.

Managed to shoot down a few that didn't take the hint too.

Walker(AA) or Vulcan(AT)? I've got the Walker on my Deploy-Shielded Sunderer, and that tends to have the same effect. I also got the Vulcan for the Prowler top-gun because I saw in VR that it can drop a MBT to about 33% health in a single(non-extended) magazine, but I seriously regret it.

Personally, I want to get a group together in enough Mosquitoes to take out a single ESF in a single salvo of Tomcats. Just to see the rage it induces.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12129 on: July 11, 2016, 06:58:55 am »

Damn, that girl is awesome. In more ways than one...

Too bad she's a Vanu player
You say that like its a bad thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12130 on: July 11, 2016, 12:04:06 pm »

Too bad she's a Vanu player
You say that like its a bad thing.

Given that I spent the better part of 20 minutes this morning being spawncamped in my own Sunderer by a bunch of Vanu who just stood there and farmed, one of whom was almost certainly hacking(one time he killed me with a pistol, a pistol that was clearly pointed in the air and not at me), I'm not feeling too fond of the men in florescent purple spandex.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12131 on: July 11, 2016, 12:11:43 pm »

Why did you keep trying for 20 minutes? Once it's clear that someone is spawncamping I usually just go elsewhere, mostly to deny them.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12132 on: July 11, 2016, 12:13:30 pm »

...It was the only Sunderer we had on base, and while they were farming me, they were ignoring the two control points we had. At least until they got bored, retook the points, and blew up the Sunderer.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12133 on: July 11, 2016, 12:15:52 pm »

*cough* she plays all 3 factions on emerald.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12134 on: July 15, 2016, 01:12:43 pm »

Is this still worth to come back and start on new toon?
Looks like they finally added some stuff that was fun in PS1.
And how is the population on EU times?
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 826