Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 109354 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

So...
How's reclaim going? Please don't tell me that I'll have to...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So...
Well Cellmonk was told five days ago and hasn't replied yet though Ifeno insists on leaving it a week before the turn starts because of holidays *glares disdainfully* but yes there's a 99.5% you'll have to reclaim the fortress.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

So...
Well Cellmonk was told five days ago and hasn't replied yet though Ifeno insists on leaving it a week before the turn starts because of holidays *glares disdainfully* but yes there's a 99.5% you'll have to reclaim the fortress.

And take on Ashton's challenge!
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the outdoor barracks thingy, right?

I might need to make a magma pump stack...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also tip for your turn, dam the river in the first month whilst it's frozen otherwise you'll be playing your turn at 8 FPS like Ifeno :P

Sorry about that  :-[

E: Also can I be a pain and say my second turn should be added to the end of the list regardless of whether any new players sign-up rather than letting them cut in front of me? After all you added your second turn BEFORE the end of the list.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:56:27 am by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also tip for your turn, dam the river in the first month whilst it's frozen otherwise you'll be playing your turn at 8 FPS like Ifeno :P

Sorry about that  :-[

E: Also can I be a pain and say my second turn should be added to the end of the list regardless of whether any new players sign-up rather than letting them cut in front of me? After all you added your second turn BEFORE the end of the list.

The reason I put my turn before the end of the list was because my turn got cut very short (less than 1/4 of it's normal length).  If anyone else's turn is cut short they may also add themselves to the middle of the list.  Also, if anyone that I placed myself in front of is bothered by having my turn before them they have the right to move my turn back.  But sure I can stick your 2nd turn in the back.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

siraidan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

well, this is awesome, I'd ask in, but I lack that amazing trap building knowledge of experienced dwarves. So, I'll just lurk.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you have any amazing zombie-slaying knowledge? If so, I'll let you reclaim and go after you.
Sig

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you have any amazing zombie-slaying knowledge? If so, I'll let you reclaim and go after you.

Nope it's all you.  Pretty sure you're safe to go ahead and get started.  Doesn't look like Cellmonk's coming back.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm out of town, but will start trying around tuesday, when I get back.
Where's the save?
Sig

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where's the save?

It's here :) also apologies for being a bit abrasive, been in an iffy mood lately.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:46:47 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

This will be fun to watch/read.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where's the save?

It's here :) also apologies for being a bit abrasive, been in an iffy mood lately.
I hadn't noticed. I still understand.

Any tips on not dying and/or completing the assignment? Also, if I fail my task, does it get passed on or do I still get to make one up?
Sig

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

I would suggest using something like a mace.  That way you cut down on the number of body part's you have to deal with.  Also try to wall youself or the body part's in.  Secure your wagon with a wooden wall, and take back the fort a section at a time.  And use an atom smasher or something to take care of the body parts. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a magma depot north of the gate.  I suggest using that as a sort of garbage chute.  I had something like that set up in the old camp before it was flooded.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 49