Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 109308 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I reckon it'd probably be better to create a new challenge, I mean if we have 4 overseers who all fail the same challenge and all have the same punishment due to a particularly hard challenge it could be a bit bland.

Survival wise I'd suggest getting underground or building a roof, the flyers are a real pain in the ass, when I was in the caverns even though there was open access to the surface there were about a quarter the amount of undead attacks and that's in comparison to a walled fortress that'd be inaccessible to most foes.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

How is it that 4 overseers have failed? 'o.O I'm the only one that's tried and I failed it because after 1/4th of my turn we were all dead... The challenge is fine lol...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How is it that 4 overseers have failed? 'o.O I'm the only one that's tried and I failed it because after 1/4th of my turn we were all dead... The challenge is fine lol...

Oh, I meant that as a hypothetical scenario that could happen, so if we get stuck with a challenge to long that shouldn't stop others being made, maybe it'd be better to say that a new challenge must be created when a punishment/reward comes into effect? It seems I got my words slightly in a twist.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once a challenge has actually been attempted it won't be passed on.  I didn't even get the chance to START working on it.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Oh...

What's my challenge, then?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: The Challenge Archive
Challenge 2:

Challenge: You are to construct a suspended walkway over the courtyard - 2 z-levels above the cliff face. There is to be a direct path from the barracks to the magma sea.  There is to be a barracks attached by a smaller walkway.

Rough blueprints:

Top:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
               |#####|
               |#####|         +------+
               |#####+------+#### |
               ################|
               ################|
               |#####+------+#### |
               |#####|         +------+
               |#####|
    $$$$$   |#####|   $$$$$
    $$$$$--+#####+--$$$$$
    $$$$$######### $$$$$
    $$$$$--------------$$$$$
    $$$$$                    $$$$$

Side:

|             |      |          |
             ------------------------
           /     | |                | |
______/____| |__________| |___
       /
     /
Reward: 4 years after your turn is complete you may claim/repurpose any single artefact which has been created by this point and have it used in whichever manner you chose, if no artefacts have been made by this point your reward is forfeit.

Bonus Reward: Any dwarf claimed by yourself can be given a bedroom inside a megaproject of your choosing, again this reward can only be used once.
Punishment: Your dwarf will fight the first goblin siege to arrive after your turn single-handedly, no assistance may be given either until your dwarf is dead or has killed at least 5 opponents.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, so I AM doing that one?
...That doesn't need to be connected to the main fort, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, so I AM doing that one?
...That doesn't need to be connected to the main fort, right?

Hard to answer.  Define "connected".  If you're confused as to where it should be built I can send ya a pic of the location

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Connected as in "Within reach of the rotting hands of the undead members of the fortress."
Sig

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that's a loose definition.  Frankly there shouldn't be any rotting hands in our fortress...

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

Are there any other kinds of rotting apendages in the fort?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that's a loose definition.  Frankly there shouldn't be any rotting hands in our fortress...
RotTED hands? And you know what I mean.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have returned from vacation, and will start some time tomorrow. Probably.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, starting. Poolstockades's reclaim, here I go!
Sig

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, starting. Poolstockades's reclaim, here I go!

My body is ready
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49