Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34

Author Topic: Things that don't happen.  (Read 94777 times)

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that don't happen.
« Reply #405 on: November 30, 2012, 03:56:09 pm »

Urist McBustedtoe: "You know what, I should get my busted up toe looked at instead of walking around with it wide open"

Urist McArmorer/Weaponsmith: "I should probably get some food, grab a drink, go to sleep, and take my time instead of rushing to finish this order of Adamantine armor/weapons and put out a inferior quality armor/weapon. After all, mistakes are made when you're tired and/or take short cuts and we wouldn't want the fortress guard using anything other than the best."

Urist McDad: "Son, you're halfway to being a man now. I think you're old enough to get a job and start contributing to the fortress."

Urist McMechanic: "Let me get this straight, you want me to stack a series of pumps on top of each other in order to bring water/magma up to fortress level even though with a series of pipes and pumps we could pressurize it and bring it up with far less effort and energy?"

Urist McMetalsmith: "What should I make this gold statue, that will go in our greatest champions tomb, into? Either the grand and glorious battle where he routed 40 goblins single-handedly, or a picture of me holding cheese above my head. What am I thinking?! of course it shall be about him!"

Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 01, 2012, 12:13:54 am »

Kogan Koganulab, Miner: "Well, you see, boss, it's dangerous mining where you want us to go . . . you never know when you might open up a cavern, and then who knows WHAT might be on the other side, waiting to grab you.  So I'm thinking that we miners should all wear armor when we're digging."
Rith Dastotral, Woodcutter: "The hunters and we all feel the same way. I mean, if Sarvesh the jeweler gets to wear steel gauntlets while cutting gems, why can't we wear helmets when we're out foraging beyond the castle walls?"

Uvash Sibrekfath, Cook: "Sorry, we're all out of that ☼peacock meat roast☼ that we advertised . . . there was such a rush, we didn't expect that many customers. All we've got left for you now is some raw plump helmets."
Ezum Ingizilral, Mechanic: "Ahh, big deal. Food is food."

Id Bembulavuz, Engraver: "Just thought I'd double-check everything with you, boss, before I started carving that mural that's going all the way around the throne room. After all, I only get the one chance to do this right, and I'd hate to engrave the wrong thing in the wrong place."

Nish Erithbekar, Animal Trainer: "A goblin ambush? Ha. My highly trained war dogs will make short work of them."
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 07, 2012, 01:42:44 pm »

Urist McDad: "Son, you're halfway to being a man now. I think you're old enough to get a job and start contributing to the fortress."
Well, 5- and 6-year-olds are capable of at harvesting crops and removing constructions.

Kogan Koganulab, Miner: "Well, you see, boss, it's dangerous mining where you want us to go . . . you never know when you might open up a cavern, and then who knows WHAT might be on the other side, waiting to grab you.  So I'm thinking that we miners should all wear armor when we're digging."
Dwarven miners already have it much better than real-life miners...

Uvash Sibrekfath, Cook: "Sorry, we're all out of that ☼peacock meat roast☼ that we advertised . . . there was such a rush, we didn't expect that many customers. All we've got left for you now is some raw plump helmets."
Ezum Ingizilral, Mechanic: "Ahh, big deal. Food is food."
I think that already does happen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ikachan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 08, 2012, 08:28:50 pm »

Ulrist Mcfriend: "Maybe I should actually give my friend some food while he's in hospital rather than throwing a tantrum when he dies."

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 09, 2012, 10:18:13 am »

Urist McMarksdwarf: the overseer wants me to shoot at some beast in the caverns? But there's no light down there! How will I even see it?
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2012, 10:24:22 am »

Random Stupid Cat claws Urist in the first toe bruising the fat
Urist doesnt bitch about being too injured by a tiny tiny wound to kill a small cat and stabs the cat in the chest with the iron sword
Urist carries the body back to the corpse stockpile and doesnt use soap or water and takes it like any normal human would,with no fear of a small 1 inch scratch and becomes a brave hero of the order of sane dwarves

These are the cats that survive goblin sieges and forgotten beasts. Dwarven cats. I think their scratches will be a little bit deeper than your average soft human cat.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 09, 2012, 01:20:13 pm »

Urist doesnt bitch about being too injured by a tiny tiny wound to kill a small cat and stabs the cat in the chest with the iron sword
Urist carries the body back to the corpse stockpile and doesnt use soap or water and takes it like any normal human would,with no fear of a small 1 inch scratch and becomes a brave hero of the order of sane dwarves
'[]
Do you know where cats put their claws?  It's odder that they don't become infected.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 09, 2012, 01:46:52 pm »

'[]
Do you know where cats put their claws?  It's odder that they don't become infected.

I don't even want to know

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 09, 2012, 02:18:35 pm »

Urist McCrazy punches Urist McHardcorewarrior, the attack is deflected by his *iron helmet*Urist McHardcorewarrior slashes Urist McCrazy and his head sails off in an arc!
Unf.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 09, 2012, 02:38:35 pm »

You punch the lasher in the head, bruising the skull and knocking him unconscious!
You drag the lasher to jail!
You collect the live bounty.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
« Reply #415 on: December 09, 2012, 04:57:55 pm »

Urist McBuilder: "Well, I can't build this wall here since I am standing where I want to build it. I guess I should stand over there."

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 09, 2012, 05:32:56 pm »

Urist McCatFetish cancels adopt another cat: already owns TOO MANY DAMN CATS

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 09, 2012, 08:37:53 pm »

- You want me to pump out ocean? And where do I put that water? Back to the ocean? Are you sober?
- Of course I can bring food to starving elephant.
- I always put on socks before shoes.
- I better not take my baby to the danger room.
- How many bolts I can make out of one log? Several hundreds, maybe a thousand.
- I can't build a wall that can be deconstructed by a dwarven child, but will withstand bronze colossus.

Goblin Leader: Okay, guys, we cant break the walls and the bridge, we'll have to go home. But we'll take the values scattered outside the walls.
The fortresses are penal colonies.
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 09, 2012, 09:08:22 pm »

Urist McIdiot doesn't get crushed by a falling rock as he avoided the falling rock and the project was completed and not filled with miasma.
Unf.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 10, 2012, 12:09:37 am »

- You want me to pump out ocean? And where do I put that water? Back to the ocean? Are you sober?
Technically this is one of those cool things that physics says you could do in real life but would require so much work to make it unfeasible.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34