Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 686917 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Thomas was an Apostle who's famous for being skeptical, if that helps.  Not exactly what you're looking for though.
And then you could use St. Thomas Aquinas, an Early Church father, for the non doubting one!

'Tis perfect. The two Thomases.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can buy separate fan controller boards I believe, that would bypass the motherboard and instead power the fans without the direct to psu full power route.
Nom nom nom

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

If so, the UK Netflix has 3 seasons.

Which effectively means it has complete series.
Also, Netflix is unavailable in Russia, which is sad.
Try friGate or Zenmate or whatever proxy you prefer.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Alright turns out that one girl is not single like my friends were telling me.

New question, any tips on flirting with someone you haven't talked to in awhile? I used to talk to her but my (at the time gf) ex didn't like me talking to other girls so I haven't really done much more than say hi every once in awhile for about a year... Just start talking to her again?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... have you considered life advice? That's... probably the better place for these sorts of questions.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh they are just random questions, not anything that's really super important or something I need serious info on

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Iunno, just do small talk, I guess. You probably know these concepts, but consider that types 1-3 usually grow out of each other. Just act like a normal friendly person and you'll be golden.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Is there a name for the thing that's mostly in R&B and electronic music where there's a person talking during lulls in the track, either specially recorded or just samples? Examples off the top of my head would be Daft Punk's Contact and Knife Party's Centipede.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

It... looks like it might be considered a breakdown, which is a variation on a break. Possibly also known as a cut, for the specific genres asked about. I don't exactly know for sure, though.

E: looking in to it more, though, it looks a lot like there's not really a specific term for that. Just vocals.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 05:09:08 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iunno, just do small talk, I guess. You probably know these concepts, but consider that types 1-3 usually grow out of each other. Just act like a normal friendly person and you'll be golden.

Alright, let's see if the Prince with lady problems can finaly pull off getting another girlfriend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

If I were around, I'd get you a bottle of Blanche de Namur. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the last time I don't drink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

I think he was making a joke about my currently turbulent private life - a bottle of Blanche de Namur he had given to me played a large role in starting the whole thing.

I'd advise against pursuing such a course of action though: In my experience it leads to all sorts of trouble, and a good result is by no means guaranteed.

Also Sheb, your CAH answer was horribly inaccurate - I thought you'd know better :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

E: looking in to it more, though, it looks a lot like there's not really a specific term for that. Just vocals.
Actualllly, grak, it looks like the closest thing to a specific term is "spoken word sample", or possibly just spoken word. Hope that helps. Also hope you (or someone else) keeps looking and finds out if there's a different/better term for it, because now I'm curious, too :-\
Ask not!
Ask!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

The goal is not to be accurate, it's to be fun, and I liked that one.  :P

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 637