Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 88

Author Topic: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies  (Read 130268 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies
« Reply #855 on: April 13, 2015, 12:13:59 pm »

I'd guess he just has a really good smelter in his stomach that'd be able to smelt any metal he comes across into SUPER SPACE METAL.
Maybe a molecular forge, but then he'd just eat whatever.

He'd still need the correct elements
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 13, 2015, 01:45:53 pm »

That can certainly be canonical, actually. They're just giant colonies of worms, so there's no real limit to their size.
^^This. Their height is supposed to vary.

They aren't supposed to vary that much, they split into two separate colonies after a certain point.
*source: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Mgalekgolo
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 13, 2015, 02:58:17 pm »

I'd guess he just has a really good smelter in his stomach that'd be able to smelt any metal he comes across into SUPER SPACE METAL.

Rather I mean a thing that disassembles and reassembles atoms into their correct configuration, but then he could just eat anything - actually I think he does, as demonstrated when he activated after having a pebble thrown down his throat. Maybe metal's just easier.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 13, 2015, 03:36:12 pm »

Yeah.

Still, if he's not actually building something with all that metal he's gonna get REALLY constipated eventually.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 13, 2015, 05:34:57 pm »

Rather I mean a thing that disassembles and reassembles atoms into their correct configuration, but then he could just eat anything - actually I think he does, as demonstrated when he activated after having a pebble thrown down his throat. Maybe metal's just easier.
I've got to say it would be much easier to have something that could disassemble molecules into their constituent elements and then recombine them into the desired molecules than it would be to have something actually disassemble them down to individual protons and electrons and then recombine them. The first one would require you to eat the right elements, as noted. You can't make more atoms of any given substance, just use the ones you have, and thus would require you to eat iron if you needed iron, breathe oxygen if you needed oxygen (or drink water) and so on.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 25, 2015, 07:41:11 pm »

In Kung Fu Panda, after Po defeats Tai Lung and everyone's like "master", he's like "Master Shifu!" and runs back to the Jade Palace, he makes a face like, guys, come with me. He arrives and Shifu's "dying" (not really). But none of the others follow him up, even after a while, there's no sign that any of the Furious Five has any interest in going up and seeing how badly Tai Lung kicked Shifu's ass.

Otherwise the movie is brilliant.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 28, 2015, 03:39:37 pm »

Maybe they were trying to restore order on the village, or went up, saw it was kind of a intimate moment among Po and Shifu and decided to leave them alone for a while.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 28, 2015, 05:09:20 pm »

He *was* strongly implying that Shifu may have been critically injured tho.

Didn't seem to me that they had anything urgent to do about the village.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:12:05 pm by Sergius »

EPSIL0N

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 29, 2015, 08:50:05 am »

Hopefully it is not too soon and not a real spoiler but Age of Ultron really got under my skin in terms of tech nonsense with 'magic' super advanced AIs and what not which is passable but why in the world did they try to create an AI in an environment that is connected to the internet and why was the secret hydra base also connected to the internet.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 29, 2015, 09:45:10 am »

The first one is because Tony Stark is an idiot. I love the character but he's still an idiot. He's careless and extremely overconfident that's precisely one of the points they want to illustrate. I wouldn't mind it that much if Iron Man 3 didn't exist or if it was a different movie. In Iron Man 3 you see him struggling with the consequences of being an ass to almost everyone and being just as careless too, and in the end he's moving towards quitting trying to being a hero because he's simply not, at best he's just a crazy vigilante.

Then AoU comes and bam, he's back on track like nothing happened. I mean we get to see those Iron Man robots, maybe he was trying to automatize his "hero" labours as a halfarse excuse but we don't even get an explanation over that. Anyway he didn't learn all that much from what happened on Iron Man 3 and that's why crap hit the fan.

I can relate to his motivation of trying to "armour" the whole world but as pointed out he's simply careless. As for the "real" reason, dunno, he's simply careless or Jarvis needed to be connected to internet by some reason, or maybe part of Jarvis resided on the internet. It's hard to find a workplace that doesn't have internet connection, and even if the experiment on it was conducted on a "enclosed" place that didn't helped much once the AI got into a iron man robot body. I guess those robots have all kind of wireless connections that would allow him to scape in a million ways.

The second one, Hydra agents still need facebook, they are humans after all, well most of them anyway.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:54:14 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 29, 2015, 01:00:22 pm »

I don't know if someone already told this (it's from a youtube review):
The Lion King ends up teaching a message totally different from the one it was going for.
"You should have the strength to face what you did in the past, don't run away". So, when the main character does so... everyone hates him, and he almost dies.
But, wait! Everything turns out just fine... once they learn it was not his fault.
So? If you are scared by something you did... everyone will hate you for that. Unless you didn't do it; in that case, everything is fine.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:08:23 pm by 94dima94 »
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 29, 2015, 01:21:17 pm »

Well Dima here is a good deflection: No one but Simba learns this. Everyone fights by him believing he did kill his father.

As for Tony Stark... Naw he is just outright incompetent in that movie.

But that is what you get when the movie makers try to fit Ultron in 1 movie (he honestly needed 2) and make it Tony Stark who created him...

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 29, 2015, 01:27:47 pm »

Well Dima here is a good deflection: No one but Simba learns this. Everyone fights by him believing he did kill his father.
Not really... they are by his side when he shows up, but when they learn about "his secret" they stop, and they don't do anything until he makes Scar confess HE did it...
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #868 on: May 29, 2015, 07:25:54 pm »

I don't know if someone already told this (it's from a youtube review):
The Lion King ends up teaching a message totally different from the one it was going for.
"You should have the strength to face what you did in the past, don't run away". So, when the main character does so... everyone hates him, and he almost dies.
But, wait! Everything turns out just fine... once they learn it was not his fault.
So? If you are scared by something you did... everyone will hate you for that. Unless you didn't do it; in that case, everything is fine.
That's the thing though. The real message is that everything won't be ok, unless you make your enemies kill your enemies. Thanks Disney :D

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 30, 2015, 12:19:56 am »

Honestly I just put Iron Man 3 chronologically after Age of Ultron, which kinda explains a lot of the character inconsistencies - he throws away being Iron Man after all the shit with Ultron happens and stuff.
He just had a backup copy of Jarvis.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 88