Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 88

Author Topic: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies  (Read 129998 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies
« Reply #1065 on: October 24, 2015, 01:18:54 pm »

They'd have to rise from the grave to sue over it.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 24, 2015, 01:51:54 pm »

Plus it was the fact that he had signed the contract for the film already, it's just that he died halfway through filming it. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 24, 2015, 01:59:49 pm »

How about some enterprising soul (NPI!) uses archive footage of a deceased individual to recreate a simalcrum of their old self capable of representing themselves in court to gain control of their own post-mortem image?

(Actually, that could be an interesting short story.  The creation of a virtual-actor so refined that it proceeds to gain autonomy, and maybe even suffrage, and gets to live its own after-life...)

((Actually, now I come to think of it, arguably something very similar has already been done!  The holographic Garibaldi in the Babylon 5 episode called... hang on, looking it up... The Deconstruction of Falling Stars.  The 2762 bit.  I love that episode.  And not just that bit.  Which makes me ashamed I only remembered it for what it was whilst already replying with the 'new' idea I had.))

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 24, 2015, 02:28:20 pm »

Plus it was the fact that he had signed the contract for the film already, it's just that he died halfway through filming it. :P

Like Bela Lugosi in Plan 9 From Outer Space!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 24, 2015, 10:27:19 pm »

I forgot what that film name is, but the ending is very odd.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 25, 2015, 08:41:10 pm »

Ok here was one in The Green Mile

So the main character SEVERAL TIMES gets the total 100% justification to shoot several 'bad guys' but never EVER does because they are American. Even when lives are at stake. It would at least be justified if he was say, a pacifist... but no he will happily gun down anyone unless you were born on American soil.

On the plus side there was a HILLARIOUS fit of stupidity movie where a guy... on foot... manages to outrun a car and several helicopters.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 26, 2015, 12:41:25 am »

Hit in what direction and orientation? Because I could totally see something like that busting up he spine as well if the head is driven towards the body (or busting up the upper spine if the head is driven backwards or forewards)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 12:56:48 am by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 26, 2015, 01:05:51 am »

In "Ghost Rider" what was the point of Carter Slade's transformation? He could only change one more time and he kind of wasted it; he didn't use it to help Blaze and he didn't use it for his own benefit either.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 26, 2015, 02:24:02 am »

So the main character SEVERAL TIMES gets the total 100% justification to shoot several 'bad guys' but never EVER does because they are American. Even when lives are at stake. It would at least be justified if he was say, a pacifist... but no he will happily gun down anyone unless you were born on American soil.

On the plus side there was a HILLARIOUS fit of stupidity movie where a guy... on foot... manages to outrun a car and several helicopters.

...Which adaptation of the Green Mile did you see? Are you sure it wasn't a Hulk movie instead?
Love, scriver~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 26, 2015, 04:21:32 am »

In "Ghost Rider" what was the point of Carter Slade's transformation? He could only change one more time and he kind of wasted it; he didn't use it to help Blaze and he didn't use it for his own benefit either.
Carter probably had some 4th wall senses and figured he might as well look badass before his screen time was over.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 26, 2015, 07:37:26 am »

Hit in what direction and orientation? Because I could totally see something like that busting up he spine as well if the head is driven towards the body (or busting up the upper spine if the head is driven backwards or forewards)
If the legs and arms was broken, it is definitely not normal. It was hit straight only on the head, then the bus stops entirely.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 26, 2015, 07:58:36 am »

Dont get me started on the startrek reboot movies. 

How much red matter does the vulcan science council send with spock? pretty much enough to cause widespread genocide across the flipping quadrant. How much does he need to do the job assigned? a small syringe full. what, did they think he might need to try a few million times or something? I dont care how "cool" it looks. It is illogical to send that much, and thus not in line with the vulcan science council.

That's not even considering the absurdity of the plot.

clearly, the star going nova is several hundred light years away, and not the star of the romulan home system. In either case, this is set in a setting where faster than light data transmission exists. The romulans would either have been aware of this impending doom DECADES before it hits thier home system (since a gamma ray burst travels at light speed, and "nearby" stars are typically in the 50 to 100ly distance range) or would have been able to examine the problem directly if it was thier home star system, and turning it into a black hole with red matter is supposed to help how in that case?  No, Adams does NOT get to be thrown a bone on this.  The plot is flimsy as f$#k. In either case the romulan star empire would have ample time to evacuate thier planet-- you know, since they have superluminal travel, communications, and scanning technologies and all.

Since the rest of the movie flows from this faulty pretext.... Blech!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 26, 2015, 08:03:51 am »

Just like in the man of steel. Why the fuck didn't they simple evacuated to another planet. They did have colonies that were promptly abandoned, spaceships very much capable of going to space going unused, because fuck logic, we need a plot.

The punishment for general zod and his band of emos is surviving the destruction of the planet. Even when I can consider that it might be some nasty psychological torture, it doesn't further anything else. It's like condemning some murderer to reverse capital punishment, where everyone else in the planet kill himself so he'll be alone and angry and whatever....
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 26, 2015, 08:23:02 am »

So the main character SEVERAL TIMES gets the total 100% justification to shoot several 'bad guys' but never EVER does because they are American. Even when lives are at stake. It would at least be justified if he was say, a pacifist... but no he will happily gun down anyone unless you were born on American soil

The Green Mile that was set in a prison? It's been a while but I don't remember anything like that. Does Tom Hanks gun down any people in that!? Are you sure you don't have a different movie in mind here?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 08:25:30 am by Reelya »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 26, 2015, 08:26:19 am »

From my favorite line in RoboCop 2... "They always have families."
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 88