Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002196 times)

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2012, 11:50:34 pm »

I just took too much time reading the notalwaysright and humortown links...
I'm still looking through the latter. I usually avoid things that announce in their titles or descriptions just how FUNNY!!!! they are (since it's usually lolcats and really old funnyjunk-type images), but goddamn if this isn't. I'm glad to waste more of my already-being-wasted time on reading that page specifically.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2012, 12:17:07 am »

I just took too much time reading the notalwaysright and humortown links...
I'm still looking through the latter. I usually avoid things that announce in their titles or descriptions just how FUNNY!!!! they are (since it's usually lolcats and really old funnyjunk-type images), but goddamn if this isn't. I'm glad to waste more of my already-being-wasted time on reading that page specifically.
comic saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaans

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2012, 12:52:58 am »

I think comic sans is a fun font that is really dainty and shit!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2012, 01:13:46 am »

I still don't understand the hate against Comic Sans.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2012, 01:20:08 am »

I still don't understand the hate against Comic Sans.
It looks really shitty, for one.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2012, 01:30:20 am »

It's a type face. I don't see how it could look "shitty" unless it was illegible, which is is not.

Then again maybe I'm unsophisticated when it comes to type faces. There's probably a whole world here.

(I should note that I'm not being condescending by saying this, as I have nothing against sophisticated tastes in any subject whatsoever. I like people getting passionate about random things, actually. It's just that not everyone will care about everything like that.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:34:11 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2012, 02:30:12 am »

Look, buddy, if you haven't learned yet that some fonts are to hate, you will. Seen this one before? Yep, put it on the hate list.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2012, 02:30:57 am »

Look, buddy, if you haven't learned yet that some fonts are to hate, you will. Seen this one before? Yep, put it on the hate list.
>likes that font  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2012, 02:32:40 am »

*Agrees
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2012, 02:37:44 am »

*Agrees
Oh, I did too, once. But once you see it, you can't stop seeing it... everywhere...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2012, 02:54:32 am »

*Agrees
Oh, I did too, once. But once you see it, you can't stop seeing it... everywhere...
Oh papyrus? Yeah sometimes I use that to get a free 'I like your font' on my papers.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2012, 02:55:52 am »

Papyrus is a pretty good typeface for logos, particularly the Arizona tea logos, but it's kind of... unreadable for bodies of text. But even then, I don't think it's as hard to read as say Porcelain or Curlz.

I don't really get the hate for Comic Sans though. It's a little jocular for everyday use but it works really well for a nice casual logo. It really all boils down to appropriate use, to me, and I'd rather blame the idiot who decided to use it for their wedding invitations than the font itself.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2012, 03:09:27 am »

I think most people hate on Comic Sans because memes tell them to, not because they actually object to Comic Sans.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2012, 03:37:37 am »

I think most people hate on Comic Sans because memes tell them to, not because they actually object to Comic Sans.
Meh, I do it out of a where's-waldo kind of thing.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2012, 04:11:01 am »

No, it's about using it out of context. You don't use it for obituaries, resumes, or anything that is even remotely serious. It's like using smileyfaces every other word, or ALLCAPS, it conveys non-spoken information contradictory to the message. It's like shouting ecstatically "Hey buddy! Guess what? Your puppy *drumroll* DIED! :D" That inappropriate.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 510