Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002205 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #330 on: August 11, 2012, 04:13:08 pm »

A cop with tribal tattoos, after pulling up in his car and staring for literally 60 seconds as I examined gravestones from the 1800s in broad daylight:

"How'd you get in there?"
"The gate."
"There's a gate?"
"... Yeah."
"Oh. Ok."

Word for word.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 11, 2012, 05:22:01 pm »

A cop with tribal tattoos, after pulling up in his car and staring for literally 60 seconds as I examined gravestones from the 1800s in broad daylight:

"How'd you get in there?"
"The gate."
"There's a gate?"
"... Yeah."
"Oh. Ok."

Word for word.
Wait, if he didn't know if there was a gate how'd he get in there?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 11, 2012, 05:22:44 pm »

The wording suggests that the cop was in his car, behind the fence.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 11, 2012, 06:08:35 pm »

"Did anyone notice that the only people who ever win at Olympic sprinting are all... darker than us?"

-A friend of mine, totally not a racist. Yeah...
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 11, 2012, 06:11:22 pm »

"Did anyone notice that the only people who ever win at Olympic sprinting are all... darker than us?"
Well, it is (mostly) true.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 11, 2012, 06:22:05 pm »

In my opinion, that's just an observation, not a racist comment. However, if he had said something along the lines of "The black people need to stop being in the Olimpics, because they're beating us and I suspect that they're cheating," then he would definately be racist. I haven't been around obvious racists, so excuse my lack of experience.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 11, 2012, 06:25:18 pm »

In my opinion, that's just an observation, not a racist comment. However, if he had said something along the lines of "The black people need to stop being in the Olimpics, because they're beating us and I suspect that they're cheating," then he would definately be racist. I haven't been around obvious racists, so excuse my lack of experience.

I guess it's not really racist, but it certainly comes close.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 11, 2012, 06:27:06 pm »

The way that you put the ... before "darker than us" suggest that in real life, he was looking for the least racist way of saying it.
My tumblr.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 11, 2012, 06:28:52 pm »

Depending upon where SealyStar lives, "darker than us" could at least be seen as ethnocentric if not racist, since at least in the US the population has a large minority of black people which in a few regions is even the majority population. Europe is a lot more homogenous, but its still kind of ethnocentric to say something like that there.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 11, 2012, 06:32:23 pm »

We don't know what "us" is, though. Assuming Seally and friend are caucasian or similar brighter color, "us" could mean just them.
My tumblr.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 11, 2012, 07:11:03 pm »

most I belive are african from a mountains part, they have genetically bigger lungs or slightly more efficent blood than us short fat whies who could not run to save our life.
They (official types) go after drugs in athletes, what about genetic superority for running strenght etc.  could you claim the extra adrenaline (Epinephrine to USA) or testosterone was natural or unfair advantage.
Popular claiim running abourt here was the chinese girl who beat the swimming by so much was result of chinese communist breeding profgram from the past finaly bearing results. Mind you russians were also at that and they are not blowing away records. Maybe they just did military stuff.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 11, 2012, 07:23:09 pm »

most I belive are african from a mountains part, they have genetically bigger lungs or slightly more efficent blood than us short fat whies who could not run to save our life.
They (official types) go after drugs in athletes, what about genetic superority for running strenght etc.  could you claim the extra adrenaline (Epinephrine to USA) or testosterone was natural or unfair advantage.
Popular claiim running abourt here was the chinese girl who beat the swimming by so much was result of chinese communist breeding profgram from the past finaly bearing results. Mind you russians were also at that and they are not blowing away records. Maybe they just did military stuff.

You obviously never saw Rocky IV. :P

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 11, 2012, 07:29:00 pm »

Last I checked, it's adrenaline here, too.
My tumblr.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 11, 2012, 07:43:54 pm »

Last I checked, it's adrenaline here, too.

I've heard both. And, yes, my friend and I are both of white European descent.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 11, 2012, 07:59:02 pm »

"This chemical is widely referred to as "adrenaline" outside the United States"
blame the wiki when the Foreigner gets it wrong and the movie.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 510