Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004312 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #2040 on: October 10, 2012, 08:39:19 pm »

Is everyone here a Socially Awkward Penguin?

We should make a flock.

This is the internet. Who here isn't a Socially Awkward Penguin?
Today's dose of stupid:
Quote from: Girl in School Hallway
Wait — I never go to class right away.
She then proceeds to turn around and walk in the opposite direction.
So true. Lots of the "Cool" Kids who apparently have "Swag" in my school are always late, even though some of them WERE IN THE SAME FREAKING PERIOD AS ME JUST BEFORE! Meanwhile, if i somehow get late to class, its normally because of a legitimate reason, as opposed to "I was talking with all my friends in the hall[When i probably should have just put my stuff in my locker]"

It's called "speed". I go full-out march step between classes, while a lot of kids saunter like they're half-asleep... which, this being high school, most of them are.

And that's not even counting the social aspects.

This. I was always able to get to and from my classes within a minute and a half.

Same here, and being Socially Awkward Penguin, I usually just did homework before school started, or sat in the empty classroom until class started (bus arrived 30 minutes before class started).

I usually arrive at school 20-25 minutes early, so I go to the library and read whatever books catch my fancy for that time period.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: October 10, 2012, 08:42:32 pm »

We should make a flock.

Today's dose of stupid:
So true. Lots of the "Cool" Kids who apparently have "Swag" in my school are always late, even though some of them WERE IN THE SAME FREAKING PERIOD AS ME JUST BEFORE! Meanwhile, if i somehow get late to class, its normally because of a legitimate reason, as opposed to "I was talking with all my friends in the hall[When i probably should have just put my stuff in my locker]"

It's called "speed". I go full-out march step between classes, while a lot of kids saunter like they're half-asleep... which, this being high school, most of them are.

This. I was always able to get to and from my classes within a minute and a half.

Same here, and being Socially Awkward Penguin, I usually just did homework before school started, or sat in the empty classroom until class started (bus arrived 30 minutes before class started).

I usually arrive at school 20-25 minutes early, so I go to the library and read whatever books catch my fancy for that time period.
I go to my school's engineering lab/computer stockpile and play Dwarf Fortress or chat with my (very few) liberal comrades.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: October 10, 2012, 08:46:25 pm »

Now we know where he is at the exact moment

DONT LEAVE THIS ROOM...........

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: October 10, 2012, 08:48:01 pm »

I'll dispatch the elite Bay12 enforcement squad to capture him. He will not escape sir.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: October 10, 2012, 08:48:53 pm »

I'll dispatch the elite Bay12 enforcement squad to capture him. He will not escape sir.

Actually, we're on break, then we're attending a party.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: October 10, 2012, 08:53:04 pm »

We should make a flock.

Today's dose of stupid:

I go to my school's engineering lab/computer stockpile and play Dwarf Fortress or chat with my (very few) liberal comrades.
That is disturbing! What can I do?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: October 10, 2012, 08:57:22 pm »

Awaiting transport. My body is ready.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: October 10, 2012, 10:39:56 pm »

A pickup line that was missing from that game:

Spoiler: Almost definitely NSFW (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: October 10, 2012, 10:43:02 pm »

So. My mom was watching Survivor. I decided to eat dinner downstairs tonight. Try to be a little more social and all that jazz.

This one guy's cooking something in a pot. He gets some other people to try it to see if it's any good. One of them utters this gem:

It's just like a home-cooked meal!

I couldn't facepalm hard enough at that.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: October 10, 2012, 10:44:25 pm »

Well it's Survivor. They get the stupidest nutcases possible, from what I've heard.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: October 10, 2012, 10:45:57 pm »

There was one decent fellow a few seasons back, before I stopped watching. Some old guy. He won, IIRC. And he was awesome.

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 10, 2012, 11:01:30 pm »

How much time before class? If she just wanted to goof off for a few more minutes, not stupid. If she was purposefully being tardy, that's stupid.
It was about five minutes before class, but it's not like she was already doing anything. She was walking to class, stopped in the middle of the hallway, announced said quote, turned around, and walked away.
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 10, 2012, 11:15:26 pm »

There was one decent fellow a few seasons back, before I stopped watching. Some old guy. He won, IIRC. And he was awesome.
I remember one guy, he didn't win but he was the most manipulative, evil bastard ever. My god, that guy was good.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 11, 2012, 12:11:47 am »

I remember one guy, he didn't win but he was the most manipulative, evil bastard ever. My god, that guy was good.
You just described damn near every person on the show.

My parents were obsessed with it, so I picked up a lot from second-hand television. My favorite would probably be the man and woman that ended up going to the end together, she won, and then they got married. I mean, damn.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 11, 2012, 12:17:52 am »

My parents were obsessed with it, so I picked up a lot from second-hand television. My favorite would probably be the man and woman that ended up going to the end together, she won, and then they got married. I mean, damn.

They did a really good job marketing their celebrity after that, too. They've appeared as a couple in like 6 other reality tv shows.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 510