Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004167 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #3675 on: February 06, 2013, 03:18:50 pm »

I'd suggest kurtjmac (who's walking to the very world generation limit for charity), but I'm not sure how much Minecraft he actually does anymore. He tends to talk about whatever is going on in the astronomy world.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: February 06, 2013, 03:28:08 pm »

I basically only watch HuntrBlackLuna and some Jefmajor on occasion. Then again, I'm very boring and nonadventurous on YouTube.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: February 06, 2013, 03:37:41 pm »

I tried watching a few LPs  and I'd much rather play ths games myself.  Pewdiepie its annoying and game grumps are bad at video games. 
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: February 06, 2013, 04:11:25 pm »

I only watch the people who are bad at video games (except Grimith. I like Grimith.), because I like watching people fail~.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: February 06, 2013, 04:13:00 pm »

I watch Criken because I like people screaming in terror at the smallest things yet still being competent.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: February 06, 2013, 04:43:47 pm »

I suspect Game Grumps may be intentionally bad at video games.

I like Jessie Cox myself. He's ALSO bad at video games. People who are good at the games aren't much fun to watch! It's like getting to viscerally live through the challenge I never get to experience.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: February 06, 2013, 05:33:35 pm »

GAME GRUMPS FTW although Jon upsets me sometimes because he basically bullies Ego occassionally. :(

Northernlion is also a favourite of mine although Solifuge is just as good. :D

Then there's myself, and that video of Doom 2 with an australian accent I put on...

*shudders quietly*

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: February 06, 2013, 06:02:06 pm »

I like game grumps mostly because they can be perfectly critical and/or competent when they want--they were constantly making fun of how sexist Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 Licensed to Drive is while they were playing, and they got farther in Zombies Ate my Neighbors than I ever did.

Related to the topic: I saw someone saying that Game Grumps as a whole is about two priviledged people flaunting their priviledge etc, followed by calling let's plays as a whole pretentious, as if people who think that they're funny shouldn't be allowed to make things they regard as funny.
(not to say there aren't pretrentious LPers, but saying that the medium as a whole is pretentious is... pretentious)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: February 06, 2013, 06:03:21 pm »

LP's are odd things. For the most part I don't like watching them, but I've spent hours watching Jef Major's videos. Add in a fair amount of Grimith and a bit of Beaglerush on occasion, but Jef's the only one who I think I've watched the majority of his videos.

I also appreciate that at least a decent chunk of his audience have more than 2 brain cells to rub together.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: February 06, 2013, 09:01:00 pm »

Gaem gramps can be pretty hilarious, though the main reason I watch them is for the horrors of their Sonic 06 playthrough. They are much more intelligent than haters seem to give them credit for, yes. The awareness of the extreme sexism of that Sweet 16 game is probably the best example, and the guys are kinda genre-savvy. The fan animations are also bloody fantastic.

Northernlion is also awesome. Best indie reviewer I've seen on Youtube.

Mangaminx and Krismpro are cool female Lpers with awesome/adawable voices who regularly play indie horror games.

Though honestly I haven't had enough time to watch many of any of their videos.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: February 06, 2013, 09:22:05 pm »

I do enjoy watching the various ShackTacers play Arma II, and the LagTV guys when they go off onto random tangents (which is pretty much every video), but that's more or less it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: February 06, 2013, 09:24:09 pm »

I love watching LPs. Especially ones that have no idea what they are doing. Watching people adapt to game mechanics and solve problems is interesting.

Also, TotalHalibut is just awesome.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: February 06, 2013, 09:25:10 pm »

I'd suggest kurtjmac (who's walking to the very world generation limit for charity), but I'm not sure how much Minecraft he actually does anymore. He tends to talk about whatever is going on in the astronomy world.

Astronomy and Minecraft-grinding for charity? Maybe there is hope.

One of the reasons I hate LPers for just about every game I own (except Starcraft II, which I am terrible at and that many people play professionally) is that they are worse at the game than I am. This goes double for Minecraft. I've played it enough that I know exactly what I'm doing, whatever it may be, in that game. And yet a lot of LPers are just blatantly terrible at the game they are demonstrating.

I realize the value of an LP lies mostly in whatever vaguely witty things the host(s) ha(s/ve) to say... but that part doesn't work that great.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:28:19 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: February 06, 2013, 09:25:44 pm »

I love watching LPs. Especially ones that have no idea what they are doing. Watching people adapt to game mechanics and solve problems is interesting.

Also, TotalHalibut is just awesome.
But watching him play puzzle games... my god.
In fact, any game without clear objective markers. It makes me want to gouge my eyes out and then punch him with them. He misses the solution just about every time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: February 06, 2013, 09:30:41 pm »

Astronomy and Minecraft-grinding for charity? Maybe there is hope.

One of the reasons I hate LPers for just about every game I own (except Starcraft II, which I am terrible at and that many people play professionally) is that they are worse at the game than I am. This goes double for Minecraft. I've played it enough that I know exactly what I'm doing, whatever it may be, in that game. And yet a lot of LPers are just blatantly terrible at the game they are demonstrating.

I realize the value of an LP lies mostly in whatever vaguely witty things the host(s) ha(s/ve) to say... but that part doesn't work that great.
You could also check out direwolf and 2girls1minecraft. Both of those channels are still heavily Minecraft-based (unlike kurt, who also does a lot of Kerbal Space Program and other space sims) and they do a lot of mod tutorials.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 510