Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 451570 times)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #1230 on: May 31, 2014, 03:23:39 pm »

Though the wiki is probably a bit outdated. Discipline is as of 1.6 a modifier of both defense and offense rather than just offense, so it is doubly important now. Also cavalry supposedly got a buff, so higher cavalry comps might be a bit more viable.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 31, 2014, 03:25:55 pm »

Oh, that's right, there was an update few days ago.

I actually just started a game recently, and haven't noticed a difference using the same compositions. I think some cavalry do have higher pip counts though, so maybe they could replace infantry more effectively.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 31, 2014, 04:17:08 pm »

Any opinions on Wealth of Nations post hotfix?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 31, 2014, 06:27:50 pm »

did you have a fleet in the province your units were in
Yes. Doesn't allow you to embark otherwise. I had the fleet, and as soon as I moved it off with the embarked units, they disappeared.
Yeah, they're on the boats. Move the transports back into a port.
I did. They never came back. As I said, they disappeared off the face of the earth.
Have you checked for the army on the outliner in the top right?
Anyway: ~ to open console. Then manpower 9000 and cash ~50 to re-build it.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 01, 2014, 12:50:19 am »

I recently started a game as Delhi. My neighbors, the Timurids did some heavy war that broke the country. Khorasan rebels uprised and claimed a big part in the middle of Timurids and also bordering me and established a new Sultanate. Afghan rebels then uprised in the middle of Khorasan, establishing the Afghan 1 province big state right in the middle of Khorasan. Later then, Timurids started reconquering its former lands from Kharasan, making it vanish. Never had more fun watching a conflict on EU IV.

Oh, the Afghan state is my vassal btw. Quite useless, as its forces can't help me nor could I help them as they are surrounded by Timurids which are my rivals ever since.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 01, 2014, 03:53:53 pm »

Is this worth the sale price even if I'm not getting the expansions right now?

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 01, 2014, 04:57:46 pm »

I bought, huge EU3 and CK2 fan. Very enjoyable to me so far even with no expansions.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 01, 2014, 05:10:25 pm »

huge EU3 and CK2 fan.

Well that's me. Sold!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:13:51 pm by Bitoru »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 01, 2014, 07:07:32 pm »

The game is pretty good, but it also seems particularly susceptible to being yanked back and fourth game mechanics wise by the devs.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 01, 2014, 08:05:30 pm »

The game is basically ruined. Worst 150$ I ever spent. Power projection rivaling is broken for large nations, vassal annexing and thus nations that start with vassals were massively nerfed. Regardless of the really nice things they added, the major systems of the game have been so broken that there is almost nothing they can do to fix them short of rollbacks.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 01, 2014, 09:26:44 pm »

You can thank the Paradox forums, I spent HOURS trying to find the 1.08 patch for AoD, I hate them all.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 01, 2014, 09:42:36 pm »

You can thank the Paradox forums, I spent HOURS trying to find the 1.08 patch for AoD, I hate them all.

No, the Paradox forums are raging hard against the rival and annexation problems. They have my back on this one. Their rage also spurred the addition of auto-cardinals to the patch instead of the expansion.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 01, 2014, 09:51:53 pm »

No, the Paradox forums are raging hard against the rival and annexation problems. They have my back on this one. Their rage also spurred the addition of auto-cardinals to the patch instead of the expansion.
\.
Not the "people" I run into, if there are good forum users there I never meet them, but by god I hope I do.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 01, 2014, 10:42:18 pm »

The game is basically ruined. Worst 150$ I ever spent. Power projection rivaling is broken for large nations, vassal annexing and thus nations that start with vassals were massively nerfed. Regardless of the really nice things they added, the major systems of the game have been so broken that there is almost nothing they can do to fix them short of rollbacks.

Also, I hate to add this, but how on earth did you spend $150 on EU4 when the main game and 2 expansions only cost a total of $65, and the rest of the DLC only costs roughly 30 bucks (ignoring the 2 books) and is all cosmetic anyway.

Oh well, I will state as I always do: give Paradox time to patch some of the balancing errors that they always introduce in primary patches.

On nations starting with vassals: Unless that nation starts with a giant vassal, then most of what I've heard is that annexations are ridiculously easy. And to my knowledge, in no case is there a vassal that is large enough to be crazy. Now, if you are complaining about the continuous string of nerfs to diplo-annexing created vassals, then I can see where you are coming from more, though I still think that the technique had to have some tangible costs.

The only 2 major issues I've seen with this patch is the messed up force PU AE and that rebels are kind of ridiculous at the moment.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 02, 2014, 01:00:43 am »

Also, I hate to add this, but how on earth did you spend $150 on EU4 when the main game and 2 expansions only cost a total of $65, and the rest of the DLC only costs roughly 30 bucks (ignoring the 2 books) and is all cosmetic anyway.

Oh well, I will state as I always do: give Paradox time to patch some of the balancing errors that they always introduce in primary patches.

On nations starting with vassals: Unless that nation starts with a giant vassal, then most of what I've heard is that annexations are ridiculously easy. And to my knowledge, in no case is there a vassal that is large enough to be crazy. Now, if you are complaining about the continuous string of nerfs to diplo-annexing created vassals, then I can see where you are coming from more, though I still think that the technique had to have some tangible costs.

The only 2 major issues I've seen with this patch is the messed up force PU AE and that rebels are kind of ridiculous at the moment.

Okay, I didn't actually count up the costs directly. It may only be the worst 80$ I ever spent.

The problem is it takes Paradox half the time between the patches to fix them, thus half the time the game is unplayable and the other half most things are still being nerfed to shit. any good change is balanced out by a crappy one, too.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 216