Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 449719 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #1965 on: May 21, 2015, 03:09:58 pm »

Hey,

I love this game. I enjoy playing it whenever I have a free evening, get a drink, do a multiplayer with some friends. I was wondering if there is a list of "required" expansions for the best experience possible or if it's just one of those games that you should really buy all of them?

Also I believe that only 1 member of a group needs the expansions, the game creator, right?
Yes, Paradox has the policy of only one person needing the expansions, whereas unit DLCs you have to own yourself I believe.
But i'm not positive enough to point out the thing about the host needing to have them, probabbly.

Also, I believe if you just turn back a page or two or you'll find them talking about expansions that are must haves.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: June 05, 2015, 01:03:34 am »

I'm waiting for a sale on this as I'd rather get most/all the DLCs in one go in one nice sale...so next sale I might pick this up (hopefully not this month though :P as I bought Witcher 3 and upgrading my GPU which is much higher on the priority list than new games)

If I play CK2 in a way where I mostly just conquer stuff...think this game might be a better fit for me? I don't really do much diplomacy in Ck2 like some do, except at least its pretty in-depth. Pretty rare to have in-depth diplomacy in a strategy game. One thing I DO really like in CK2 is I can have long periods of peace, which is really nice. I can focus on other stuff during peace time. Like total war games is obviously just always in war and diplomacy sucks like heck (which is game breaking for me.) Except rome 2 is a bit better as the older total wars, your relations auto goes down every turn lol. And rome 2 your relations goes up instead. But I don't tend to like them as much and I tend to auto-resolve every battle anyway after a while lol. Like literally, the battles get kinda boring to me so I auto resolve and then I start a new game and do a migration and then get bored lol. I play total war games like europa already, just focusing on the game map xD

And, I did really like HIP mod (my favorite mod for it) for CK2. Any big mods like that for Europa 4?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: June 05, 2015, 01:48:40 am »

I'm waiting for a sale on this as I'd rather get most/all the DLCs in one go in one nice sale...so next sale I might pick this up (hopefully not this month though :P as I bought Witcher 3 and upgrading my GPU which is much higher on the priority list than new games)

If I play CK2 in a way where I mostly just conquer stuff...think this game might be a better fit for me? I don't really do much diplomacy in Ck2 like some do, except at least its pretty in-depth. Pretty rare to have in-depth diplomacy in a strategy game. One thing I DO really like in CK2 is I can have long periods of peace, which is really nice. I can focus on other stuff during peace time. Like total war games is obviously just always in war and diplomacy sucks like heck (which is game breaking for me.) Except rome 2 is a bit better as the older total wars, your relations auto goes down every turn lol. And rome 2 your relations goes up instead. But I don't tend to like them as much and I tend to auto-resolve every battle anyway after a while lol. Like literally, the battles get kinda boring to me so I auto resolve and then I start a new game and do a migration and then get bored lol. I play total war games like europa already, just focusing on the game map xD

And, I did really like HIP mod (my favorite mod for it) for CK2. Any big mods like that for Europa 4?

EU4 has MEIOU & Taxes (or just M&T for short) which does a similar thing as HIP- massive overhaul, historical accuracy, et cetera.

awesome. :) Thanks. :) I'll check it out
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: June 05, 2015, 02:02:00 am »

EU4 has MEIOU & Taxes (or just M&T for short) which does a similar thing as HIP- massive overhaul, historical accuracy, et cetera.

awesome. :) Thanks. :) I'll check it out

Also, a new DLC releases on the 9th. They usually have a massive sale when new DLC ships, so enjoy that when it happens.

Ah, that is actually bad for me :P I'm upgrading my GPU and that is going to take pretty much the rest of my funds (a little went to witcher 3). I'd have to wait on another sale, but with summer coming up, probably shouldn't be a long wait

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: June 05, 2015, 06:49:56 am »

I should say not, the rumor is the sale begins the 11th.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1970 on: June 09, 2015, 09:07:28 am »

Common Sense has just been released.
I saw a few of the changes on Quill18's stream. Is there a good summary anywhere?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: June 09, 2015, 09:35:16 am »

I saw a few of the changes on Quill18's stream. Is there a good summary anywhere?
Theres the wiki page.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: June 09, 2015, 10:26:25 am »

Tried Papal states. No way to expand at all because of byzantine webs of alliances and nobody nearby wanting them with me.
Tried Cusco again. Consistently shit rolls an shitty events. To such an extent that I got fed up and cheated. My 34,000 man army with Pachacuti (4 fire 5 shock) leading it... lost. Against a 6000 man army with no general. He then keeled over dead for no reason halfway through the retreat. My army was at full morale, so was theirs. I was attacking into mountains, but with an army size difference that large it shouldn't have mattered.

The game hates me. It hates me and there's FUCK ALL I can do about it. I can try as hard as I like to throw things into being fucking fair, but the game dicks me over and over and over again.
Maybe try something easier? Like Portugal or Ottomans?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1973 on: June 09, 2015, 10:37:34 am »

Theres the wiki page.
This is looking pretty good.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: June 09, 2015, 02:31:02 pm »

My 34,000 man army with Pachacuti (4 fire 5 shock) leading it... lost. Against a 6000 man army with no general. He then keeled over dead for no reason halfway through the retreat. My army was at full morale, so was theirs. I was attacking into mountains, but with an army size difference that large it shouldn't have mattered.

It's actually not that outrageous to lose a battle like that. The majority of your regiments probably didn't see combat, but lost ticking morale on the back lines or didn't participate at all. +3 shock (possibly +2 if you got a river crossing) in a fight like that would also have very little effect with that tech group, combat width, and tech level.

If you want to attack into mountains like that (though you really shouldn't pretty much ever), you would've been much better off gradually feeding reinforcements in over time so they don't lose all their morale doing nothing. Morale is king in early game, and should be what you're paying attention to, not necessarily shock. The losses definitely wouldn't be worth it though, should've just not attacked. If you're doing really badly and don't know why, you're better off recognizing your mistakes and learning.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: June 09, 2015, 04:21:53 pm »

EU4 is on sale today, as probably expected. I'll have to wait for the next sale because I had to buy a new GPU as my other one was dying :( But, if you don't have it...a good time to get it as its really cheap. Can get the whole EU4 package for 25 dollars.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: June 09, 2015, 05:39:51 pm »

Wouldn't M&T be broken because new patch?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: June 09, 2015, 05:43:30 pm »

Unless the mod devs work surprisingly quickly, quite probably yes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: June 09, 2015, 05:56:36 pm »

Unless the mod devs work surprisingly quickly, quite probably yes.
Relevant thread. Or at least, I think it might be. They might use a different thread.

Anyway, as someone who plays M&T a lot, and has seen how long it takes to update both normally and for new patches, yes, it's going to be broken for a fair bit.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: June 11, 2015, 05:42:25 am »

So playing as a minor seems a bit easier.

Thinking about doing Ichma (again) for my next ironman game Maybe Ajuuraan but they seem a bit too easy.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 216