Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 559242 times)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles
« Reply #1665 on: May 15, 2013, 10:59:31 pm »

Y'know, what the hell. I was resisting putting myself on the dorfing list for "reasons", but, let's go with it. Dorf name "LaularuKyrumo", custom title "Really Damn Lost" or something of that nature, labors/profession/militiastatus/gender/age/whatever irrelevant. I'll make it work.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: May 16, 2013, 06:41:53 am »

God damn it, I died?
Not that it's surprising, but I don't think it was ever even mentioned. Not even a passing-by throw along the lines of "and that one fucker no one cared about died".
I honestly have no idea if you died during my turn, or earlier. Honestly I've had so many deaths this turn I've kind of lost track - and the funny thing is apart from a couple lost to undead ravens and a couple more lost to shitrain, I can't really narrow down a cause of death for anyone. Dwarves just seem to drop dead.

24th TImber, 515
According to our lookouts, goblins keep streaming in from the south and getting torn to pieces by a horde of skeletal elks, whereupon their battered, maimed corpses return to life to assist in the slaughter of their newly-arriving comrades.

Year End

NB: Pretty much nothing interesting happened after that. I built a second catacombs, carved a few more slabs and did some general inspection of the fortress but mostly this year was just administrative work and fixing up a few things that needed fixing.

End-of-year save.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: May 16, 2013, 11:02:25 am »

Honestly, guys, I think I owe you an apology.

I'm sorry my turn was so uneventful and my writing so perfunctory. I'm just I haven't really been up to speed on the story of the Battlefailed saga since my turn in Failcannon, so I don't know where SethCreiyd is at with the whole Lur Thiefwitch/Andreus/End of the Multiverse arc (or if he's even still doing that). I mean, I only recently learned that apparently myself and Deathsword are apparently mortal enemies of each other (although we were also... married, at one point? Not that those two are by any means mutually exclusive). I didn't feel it was appropriate, however, to ask you guys to summarise the entire history of Battlefailed post-Battlefailed for me, so I just had to go on what I knew.

In terms of the fortress itself, I would have tried something a bit more megaprojecty but nowadays going outside in an evil biome is tantamount to suicide, and I honestly didn't really know what the fortress needs at this point (other than a miracle). The new catacombs I built follow an obvious pattern which should be easy enough for an aspiring undertaker to continue, so we won't want for burial chambers, and I managed to put to rest all but two of the ghosts that have been haunting us. The new drawbridge lever should make getting in and out of the fortress a little bit easier.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: May 16, 2013, 02:54:20 pm »

The year ended so early because I stopped my turn at summer. You should still have at least three quarters of a year left.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: May 17, 2013, 11:30:43 am »

The year ended so early because I stopped my turn at summer. You should still have at least three quarters of a year left.
Yeah, when I got a save that started midway through the year, I just played for a year and a half to get my full year and still end at the new year.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: May 17, 2013, 12:47:04 pm »

Taking the save.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Temporarily9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 17, 2013, 04:13:57 pm »

Ohboy, my turn is approaching more quickly than I expected. No matter. I'll be ready.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 17, 2013, 05:07:27 pm »

Nothing for today, I'll start tomorrow. I'll try to finish updating the archive tonight.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: May 19, 2013, 01:06:47 pm »

Starting turn now. Also fixed tileset. If anyone is wondering how, just copy all creature, plant and inorganic files from the graphic version of your choice (ASCII in this case) and copy them over the ones in the save.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 19, 2013, 10:03:09 pm »

This fortress scares me. Not the undead, not the muck, not the horrid beasts, and not the dwarves; But something else. Something much more horrifying.

THE LAYOUT.

Your lack of clean, nice hallways and organized rooms disturbs me.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: May 20, 2013, 12:09:39 pm »

This fortress scares me. Not the undead, not the muck, not the horrid beasts, and not the dwarves; But something else. Something much more horrifying.

THE LAYOUT.

Your lack of clean, nice hallways and organized rooms disturbs me.

It's not so bad.  I'm pretty sure we had a clean, nice hallway once.  Maybe in the original Battlefailed. 
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 20, 2013, 04:52:59 pm »

The bridge leading inside used to be clean. Then people started trying to go outside, then they would get nauseous and vomit everywhere.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 20, 2013, 10:05:24 pm »

Some stuff happened, couldn't get any progress done but I took a look around. The plan is this: I'll turn the entrance corridor into the barrel of a cannon. Or something complex.

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 20, 2013, 11:50:07 pm »

Some stuff happened, couldn't get any progress done but I took a look around. The plan is this: I'll turn the entrance corridor into the barrel of a cannon. Or something complex.
That was the best idea I could think of, too.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 21, 2013, 02:26:19 pm »

Deathsword's Log
Year 515
Obisidian
It took me some time, but I finally recovered from this year's Most Unfortunate Accident And Certainly Not A Most Successfull Attempt Of Murderous Intent. Our Most Magnificent Overseer, He Who Guides Us, Andreus, will be stepping down from his post and handing control over to myself. I hope he lives a Long Life and does not suffer an Accident Of A Tragic Nature which would cause me Great And Most Deep Sorrow. More shall be written upon This Quite Exquisite Log when I Assume Direct Control of This Fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 136