Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 558253 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles
« Reply #1695 on: May 27, 2013, 12:09:14 pm »

Deathsword's Log
Slate, 16
Work on the Nameless Project is proceeding at an acceptable pace. Also some idiot has been possessed and is now camped out in a craftsdwarf workshop. What is far more important is that many dwarves are missing. No bodies, no traces. Just gone. I'll have to investigate that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 28, 2013, 09:16:59 pm »

So I need to write a proper update to this but here's what's happened so far:
- Nameless Project is complete. It is controlled via a yellow lever in a wood box
- Panic Bunker complete
- Andreus died, Spishaban is new mayor
- Bituminous coal bracer artifact was created. Worth 44400 and depicts Bates transformation into a muderous ghost.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 29, 2013, 04:36:48 am »

Bituminous coal... bracer....

PLEASE tell me you're going to put that in a bin and set it on fire. Please tell me this is the case. Please.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Temporarily9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 29, 2013, 06:23:04 pm »

I keep seeming to stop getting email updates for this thread. Posting seems to fix this, so here I am.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: June 02, 2013, 06:30:33 am »

- Panic Bunker complete

Panic bunker? We don't need a panic bunker. We need a vampire and a walled off tile. Or a dragon bunker. We need a dragon. And a bunker. And lots of chains.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: June 02, 2013, 05:24:38 pm »

- Panic Bunker complete

Panic bunker? We don't need a panic bunker. We need a vampire and a walled off tile. Or a dragon bunker. We need a dragon. And a bunker. And lots of chains.
We DO have a forgotten beast walled up near where the magma forges are, if it helps.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: June 03, 2013, 03:58:48 am »

Only one? I swear someone was making a collection of zombie FBs.

PSEUDO-EDIT: Oh yeah, that one that got in and started eating people. I remember that. Fun times.
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: June 03, 2013, 12:44:56 pm »

- Panic Bunker complete

We DO have a forgotten beast walled up near where the magma forges are, if it helps.

Can it breath fire?
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: June 03, 2013, 12:47:32 pm »

Been following this saga for a long time. Here to request dwarfing, no conditions. If no dwarfs are available inside, I'll take a migrant outside who looks like they believe they'll be the one to make it inside.
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: June 03, 2013, 12:55:55 pm »

Not to mention the army of zombified forgotten beasts behind a lever operated bridge. God damn it.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: June 04, 2013, 06:23:54 pm »

Deathsword's Log
Felsite, 15
A lot of things happened lately. The Weapon With No Name is complete, controlled by The Lever With No Name. Andreus tragically died in prision and time seems to run really slow for some reason. Also, Spishaban is the new mayor. He is also one of my guards. Elves came. Elves died. Ambush came. Ambush died. Migrants came. Migrants died. We also have a functional water-based generator now and some power lines running through the first level. I'd write more, but a bunch of volunteers are forming a queue in front of my office, demanding that I change their names in the records to whatever silly things they wish to be called.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: June 04, 2013, 08:59:27 pm »

I hope that The Weapon With No Name is the project I started on my turn, to cave in The Shit. If it isn't, I will be mildly upset about it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: June 04, 2013, 09:58:46 pm »

I hope that The Weapon With No Name is the project I started on my turn, to cave in The Shit. If it isn't, I will be mildly upset about it.
It's not. Caving-in The Shit would be a bad idea. It would cause the slime to be inside our fortress, zombies to be inside our fortress and we'd just have to quarantine the area. Besides, I built my panic bunker right above the cave-in area (hollowed out that mound in the middle of The Shit)

That said, I did pull two or three levers at random to find out what controls the inner gate (still haven't found out. Andreus seems to have disconnected the old lever). Nothing seemed to happen with those lever pulls (some were connected to something, so it just means they are not doomsday levers)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:00:20 pm by Deathsword »

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: June 04, 2013, 10:11:16 pm »

it just means they are not doomsday levers

That you know of. It could have started a countdown that releases invisible serin gas into the fortress.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: June 04, 2013, 10:17:52 pm »

And I wouldn't question it if that's what a previous overseer said it did :P

I would have to ask how it works, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 136