Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 559448 times)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles
« Reply #1710 on: June 04, 2013, 10:48:42 pm »

Sadly, gas in DF is borked. It dissipates and is removed from memory shortly after formation, even if in a tightly enclosed space. The only thing that wouldn't do that is a deadly syndrome cloud, and those are impossible to trap, from what I recall. Plus, they dissipate eventually too. :(

toady please properly implement molar mass it's already in the raws
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: June 04, 2013, 11:37:15 pm »

Well, I do realize gasses simply don't work in DF. I suppose it would be better to say I wouldn't question it if someone said they'd come up with some form of doomsday clock that would lead to an inevitable fate.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: June 09, 2013, 07:04:29 pm »

I decided to search what was causing the FPS to go down. And find it I did: A doomday device. A very slow one. I guess I could just prevent it from destroying the fort when it's process is complete (will take some turns), but I'd rather let whomever is running the fort when it gets to it's final stages.

Also finally found the gate lever.

EDIT: Actually, I'll make a way to save the fortress when the inevitable happens via lever in the panic bunker.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:08:54 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: June 09, 2013, 08:14:44 pm »

I decided to search what was causing the FPS to go down. And find it I did: A doomday device. A very slow one. I guess I could just prevent it from destroying the fort when it's process is complete (will take some turns), but I'd rather let whomever is running the fort when it gets to it's final stages.

ARE YOU MOCKING ME!?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: June 09, 2013, 09:10:48 pm »

ARE YOU MOCKING ME!?

Could you be more specific on which part are talking about? The stopping-the-doom part is really easy. One wall and two floors.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: June 09, 2013, 09:58:44 pm »

Largely, it was intended as a joke. We were just discussing doomsday devices and their credibility when reported, after all. :P
I make Spellcrafts!

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: June 11, 2013, 09:27:57 pm »

What doomsday device would this be?
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: June 16, 2013, 03:03:29 pm »

stop being dead fortress gogDAMM

BAMF

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: June 16, 2013, 11:14:59 pm »

After catching up with the series, I realized just how SLOW these games tend to go. The thread is going at the same speed as Horrorfailed's FPS.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Temporarily9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: June 17, 2013, 02:55:48 am »

Ya there, Deathsword? Curse of the fortress happen?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: June 17, 2013, 11:46:24 am »

Still playing, just nothing really happened. Am at late summer/early autumn. The only real notable thing is that I installed a lever to disable the doomsday device inside the panic bunker (it's the only lever there) and that Silverlock managed to somehow drown in my water reactor (he was immediately redwarfed).

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: June 20, 2013, 09:35:45 am »

Silverlock managed to somehow drown in my water reactor . . .

I was pushed!  There is a murderer loose in the fort!   

Say, where was TAD when this happened, anyway?
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: June 20, 2013, 12:36:51 pm »

Silverlock managed to somehow drown in my water reactor . . .

I was pushed!  There is a murderer loose in the fort!   

Say, where was TAD when this happened, anyway?
He was not dwarfed when it happened.

I'll try to finish this today, or at least reach winter.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: June 20, 2013, 03:18:47 pm »

He was not dwarfed when it happened.

That's just what he wants you to think.  He's a crafty one, that TAD, and at his craftiest when he's dead.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: June 20, 2013, 04:36:14 pm »

Speaking of TAD being dead, he hasn't shown up for a long damn time now... I wonder what happened.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 136