Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1172678 times)

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year One Open: A Brave New Chapter]
« Reply #510 on: September 27, 2012, 07:20:28 pm »

It all operates on a First Drunk First Served operation. If nobody is actively drunk and playing and you're drunk and want to play, download the save and announce that you're drunk and taking a turn, then have at it.

I love this. I just imagine someone saying this outloud, like no big deal.
Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #511 on: September 27, 2012, 08:55:27 pm »

Here is the link to the last save. Abandon the fort (FPS is SHIT) and find a new embark, wherever that may be. Most people like volcanoes, but don't like haunted or evil biomes.

If you are new to !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!, please read the OP for rules! I doubt I'll scrape up the extra cash to do the first year of a new embark by the weekend, so it is totally open. First drunk first serve.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6956

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 27, 2012, 09:03:35 pm »

Here is the link to the last save. Abandon the fort (FPS is SHIT) and find a new embark, wherever that may be. Most people like volcanoes, but don't like haunted or evil biomes.

If you are new to !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!, please read the OP for rules! I doubt I'll scrape up the extra cash to do the first year of a new embark by the weekend, so it is totally open. First drunk first serve.

I'm still not sure what I did to cause a magma flow from three diffrent locations. The magma gun definitly began melting (Pumps must not be firesafe), but I honestly have no idea what did the rest. Curse you, bottle of absinthe/everclear/blue curacao!

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 27, 2012, 09:07:43 pm »

I'm still not sure what I did to cause a magma flow from three diffrent locations. The magma gun definitly began melting (Pumps must not be firesafe), but I honestly have no idea what did the rest. Curse you, bottle of absinthe/everclear/blue curacao!
You're either the best or worst thing to ever happen to our fort. I haven't decided yet.

;D

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 27, 2012, 09:30:32 pm »

I was trying to figure it out too. Never did manage.
I think you probably had projects in mind and made the to-be-mined areas too big. It didn't warn about warm stone because it was already being displayed.
One of them has a partially built wall partially blocking it, that's even more confusing.
There's time to block that flow before it goes into the New Fort, but with the FPS as bad as it is you'll need fairly beefy computer hardware to make it anything less than painful.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 27, 2012, 09:33:55 pm »

Another thing in that fortress that confused me was the bedrooms that were walled off from everything.  They linked to absolutely nothing in either fortress and there wasn't anything in them but maybe 1 or 2 corpses.

DimethylMercury

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 27, 2012, 09:35:38 pm »

This is my main problem atm. No cash to buy booze :C.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 27, 2012, 09:35:58 pm »

Another thing in that fortress that confused me was the bedrooms that were walled off from everything.  They linked to absolutely nothing in either fortress and there wasn't anything in them but maybe 1 or 2 corpses.

They -may- have been time capsules, like Scruffie's. Unfortunatly, scruffy died of thirst.

EDIT: You expected anything less, Kamin? Sanity is overrated.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:37:49 pm by Wrex »

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 27, 2012, 09:36:12 pm »

Bahahahahaha, I should have fucking figured: Wrex is mentally insane when he drinks. I didn't even bother trying to load up the save because my circa 2000 laptop wouldn't be able to handle it.

I love this succession so much.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 27, 2012, 11:41:24 pm »

They -may- have been time capsules, like Scruffie's. Unfortunatly, scruffy died of thirst.
The irony was that the sealed thirst capsule had the only (?) well in the fortress, though unfinished. 
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 28, 2012, 02:11:56 pm »

This is my main problem atm. No cash to buy booze :C.

Eight bucks buys plenty of vodka for Drunk Fortress :D
No pressure.

It's friday though, someone really needs to take a turn.
how do I lizard Werewolf

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 28, 2012, 02:27:26 pm »

I could, but I am afraid I will dump a volcano on a glacier and cause an infinite obsidian wall or something equally retarded.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 28, 2012, 02:34:52 pm »

I'm tempted, but still runing old version and need to update game+graphics+therapist and see if the save loads.
Any number of things, including intoxication, could keep this from happening tonight.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 28, 2012, 02:50:38 pm »

I could, but I am afraid I will dump a volcano on a glacier and cause an infinite obsidian wall or something equally retarded awesome.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 28, 2012, 03:17:47 pm »

I'm tempted, but still runing old version and need to update game+graphics+therapist and see if the save loads.
Any number of things, including intoxication, could keep this from happening tonight.

I've had no issues dumping it into a LNP install and using said noob pack to update graphics.
Should be easy :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 341