Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238044 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a17) - Guards have teeth
« Reply #855 on: February 28, 2014, 12:19:37 pm »

Update!
They've added prisoner reform things, according to the email. Haven't watched the update video yet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 28, 2014, 12:42:26 pm »

Tazers, body armor, workshop requires training, classroom is a new room with outside teachers hired, psych therapy, carpentry, kitchen training, and that's about it. The "dog stuck on door resting" bug appears to have been fixed.

I wish he had gone to see the psychologist before deciding to do this spur of the moment thing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:02:33 pm by BigD145 »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 28, 2014, 01:59:50 pm »

What does the taser upgrade do?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 28, 2014, 02:03:50 pm »

You have a tazer upgrade that gives tazers to armed guards, and one that gives it to guards and dog handlers.
Tasers are a oneshot weapon that knocks a prisoner unconsious and then need 1 hour to recharge.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 28, 2014, 03:03:54 pm »

Video's here. I really like the idea of the education systems, it could be an interesting mechanic.

Now I just really want a riot to start in my prison so I can unleash the hordes of tazer wielding guards on them,
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:25:39 pm by Glloyd »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 28, 2014, 08:23:24 pm »

You have a tazer upgrade that gives tazers to armed guards, and one that gives it to guards and dog handlers.
Tasers are a oneshot weapon that knocks a prisoner unconsious and then need 1 hour to recharge.
Yeah, I meant the second one on the tree. So, for dog handlers eh? I suppose it could prevent situations like this one dead-but-reanimates-to-get-into-fights dog I have laying around after its handler got killed.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 28, 2014, 08:52:12 pm »

Chris said he considers Tazer Deployment a possible game breaker. He wants feedback on what people think about it, because he's not sure it'll stay.

It appears Tasers are good for small scale discipline. In a fight it takes a couple seconds to fire off, and then they're going to go back to whatever method they were using prior. I suppose if you're ultimate goal is least prisoners hurt, you'd want Tasers. If order and discipline is your priorities, Tasers aren't something you want.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 28, 2014, 09:12:41 pm »

Tazers are more of a "I'm alone and there's two or more prisoners after me" weapon. You reduce your attackers by one and survive long enough for backup.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 28, 2014, 09:40:59 pm »

Tazers are more of a "I'm alone and there's two or more prisoners after me" weapon. You reduce your attackers by one and survive long enough for backup.

They take too long to fire for what I've seen. They basically ensure your prisoner goes down with the minimum damage. With how vicious dogs are, and that prisoners will fight until they're damn well ready to fall down, I think of the taser more as a life-saving-conflict-resolution tool :P
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 28, 2014, 09:45:48 pm »

What if you have a lot of tasers prepared at once?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 01, 2014, 01:13:29 am »

One taser per guard.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 01, 2014, 02:24:25 am »

In my most recent playthrough, I noticed that the education system really balances the workshop. It's still viable,  but now it's no longer "get grants, get prison labor, get workshop, get all the money." Education system needs a bit of fine tuning and bugfixing, but overall it's wonderful
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:38:59 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 01, 2014, 01:47:54 pm »

The whole point of the education system is to make prisoners into reformed and productive members of society when they get out, not to make you money. Got a prisoner interested in woodworking and they get released in 4 days? You should still spend the money on them.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 01, 2014, 01:55:03 pm »

That is true, but it doesn't stop the education system from greatly balancing prison labor.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 01, 2014, 02:53:05 pm »

Woah, totally in the wrong thread.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 107