Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239025 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a18) - Don't tase me bro, I'm reformed
« Reply #870 on: March 27, 2014, 10:44:01 am »

New update for the month puts your accountant to work.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 27, 2014, 10:57:39 am »

Patch notes?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 27, 2014, 11:03:54 am »

Alpha 19

Video explaining changes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLueDnpnTI0&feature=player_embedded

Patch notes:

= Financial system improvements

- Cashflow is now visible from the very start, without needing an Accountant to unlock it
    - Cashflow is now paid hourly, instead of at midnight as before
    - The starting bank balance has been increased from $10,000 to $30,000
    - The daily federal grant has been increased from $1,500 to $2,000
    - You now receive more daily money for the max security prisoners

= Cash Bonus : Days without Incident
      You now receive a bonus to your cashflow based on the number of days without incident.
      The bonus accumulates at a rate of $1,000 per day without incident
      So after 1 day you get a $1,000 bonus, but after 2 days you get a $2,000 bonus
      The maximum daily bonus is $10,000 for 10 days straight without incident
      The amount received resets immediately to zero after a death, serious injury, or escape

= Corporation Taxes
      You must now pay tax - 30% of all profits, directly out of your daily cashflow.
      Once you have a profitable prison you can use your accountant to reduce this to 15%
      You can also unlock an offshore tax haven for a whopping $50,000, that reduces your Corporation Taxes to 1%.
        (This is only recommended for prisons with massive daily profits)

= Bank Loans
      You can now borrow lump sums of money from the bank, and pay interest on the amount borrowed.
      Interest payments are made hourly, and each successful payment increases your credit rating.
      As your credit rating increases, so does the amount you can borrow, up to a max of $100,000

= Prison Share Scheme
      You can choose to sell shares in your prison to private investors and venture capitalists.
      They will pay you 10% of the current prison value, in exchange for 10% ownership of your prison.
      You can sell up to 50% of your prison this way, and you can buy back at any time (although the price may have gone up)
      However if you've sold 30% of your prison to investors, you will only receive 70% of the price when you come to sell the entire prison

= Game rebalancing
    - The prison 'temperature' now increases quite a bit slower, taking much longer to reach dangerous levels
    - The temperature falls much quicker once the causes of frustration have been resolved

- A prisoner's "time served" now counts up much more slowly, meaning they will spend longer in your jail before release
        Previously one year sentence = 36 game hours (1.5 days)
        Now one year sentence = 120 game hours (5 days)

- The Workshop Safety Induction can now be taught to 10 prisoners at once (up from 5 previously),
        and prisoners can use a workshop saw OR a workshop press whilst learning

- New room/zone : Exports
    Finished items are taken from the workshop to the new exports zone. Workmen will do the hauling.
    If the exports zone is 'secure' then your prisoners will also do the hauling.
    Items in the Exports zone will be loaded onto passing delivery trucks and taken away.
    You will be paid as they leave the prison site
        NOTE: Logs will be auto-sold if there are no workshop Saws on site
        NOTE: Wood will be auto-sold if there are no carpenters tables, or no qualified carpenters on site

- SDL 2.0
    The game is now using SDL 2.0 for windowing, mouse/keyboard input, and sound. (Previously SDL 1.2)
    This should help with hardware compatibility and reliability
    Also provides better support for high dpi displays, joypads, tablets etc

- High DPI mode is now supported on certain displays - eg the Macbook Pro Retina display.
    Enable it from the Graphics menu. This will make the game look significantly sharper on high DPI displays.
    (Eg Retina Mac previously ran the game at 1280x800 - now runs at 2560x1600 on a 13" screen!)

- Greatly improved the display of Jobs in the deployment screen

- You must now keep your Administrators employed if you wish to continue using the facilities they have unlocked

- Prisoners with 'Qualifications' gained from reform programs will now strongly prefer to work in jobs that use those qualifications
    This fixes a problem where all your qualified workshop prisoners went off to do the cleaning

- Tazers are no longer flagged as 'Metal', so wont set off metal detectors

- Trees will no longer leave a stump if they are felled indoors, eg after building new foundations over forest

- The Emergency Services toolbar now shows tooltips for each service type, including the cost of callout

- The Rooms toolbar now highlights rooms you are likely to want to build, due to grants/objectives

- The Bureaucracy screen has been laid out in a new arrangement to make room for all the new unlocks

- The Lawyer has been removed from the game, as he currently serves no purpose. He may return at a later date.

- New graphics for the Teacher

- Fixed : The reform program 'Scheduler' now ensures there will be a teacher available when picking a time slot.
          This fixes a bug with the foreman being expected to teach multiple workshop induction classes at once.
          NOTE: You may need to manually click "Reschedule" if your prison has this problem after loading

- Fixed : Prisoners working as janitors would stand around in the cleaning cupboard doing nothing,
          unless you had at least one janitor hired (or if you had very few janitors in a large jail)

- Fixed : Cutting down a tree near a wall square will no longer demolish that wall square

- Fixed : Experience will no longer tick up on dead prisoners

- Fixed : You can no longer place rooms over lakes

- Fixed : Stolen contraband would still be counted if the prisoner responsible had left the jail.
          This counted towards the overall 'Supply' level, but could never be found by searching.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 27, 2014, 11:14:04 am »

- A prisoner's "time served" now counts up much more slowly, meaning they will spend longer in your jail before release

Hmm, I don't know how I feel about this. This'll slow down the game, because you'll hit your prisoner cap faster, and bring in new prisoners slower. They really should add a new game speed along with this. Even 3X still feels slow in the scope of things.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 27, 2014, 11:18:46 am »

Hmm, I don't know how I feel about this. This'll slow down the game, because you'll hit your prisoner cap faster, and bring in new prisoners slower. They really should add a new game speed along with this. Even 3X still feels slow in the scope of things.

Have you used the previous version at all? Before, you'd get prisoners in the process of learning a trade and they'd leave before finishing. They need to stick around. Bringing in new prisoners doesn't matter. Keeping your population up is what matters.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 27, 2014, 11:20:48 am »

yeah in the long run its better....sucks to set up your little industry and never making a profit from it because prisoners are eternally in training.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 27, 2014, 11:21:07 am »

Have you used the previous version at all? Before, you'd get prisoners in the process of learning a trade and they'd leave before finishing. They need to stick around.

I did, but the reform system was broken for me, and classes wouldn't start. Either way, I've wanted a faster speed for a while, and this only adds reason for it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 27, 2014, 11:30:48 am »

Have you used the previous version at all? Before, you'd get prisoners in the process of learning a trade and they'd leave before finishing. They need to stick around.

I did, but the reform system was broken for me, and classes wouldn't start. Either way, I've wanted a faster speed for a while, and this only adds reason for it.
The reform system WAS a bit broken.
I personally like this one-year-is-longer thing...  I think I can now actually get a critical number of prisoners in my holding cell, instead of a rotating cap of roughly 80-120 prisoners...
Also, more revenue.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 27, 2014, 05:11:48 pm »

I love the additions, just from a thematic standpoint. It's almost overkill, that amount of detail and execution, but at least now I can RP my evil, non-reforming soul dust factory to the hilt with a fat off-shore bank account enjoying 1%!

From a gameplay standpoint, I don't know if it honestly will affect how I play. Sometimes, I just want to build and experiment and cheating is optimal for that. On the other hand, I'm actually somewhat enticed into playing a legit game since it seems sustainable, and the potential for just having one long game where you build a prison, stop playing, come back, sell it and start a new one is pretty cool. I kinda feel like we should be able to name our corporation ourselves.

I like the logic of all the different financial inputs....but my eyes kinda started to glaze over because, in the end, money management isn't the part of the game I've ever chose to deal with. Plus, finance. Ugh. :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 27, 2014, 05:26:49 pm »

I think that's how it has always worked. That's why you build a holding cell first. If you say you're open for business, the game just sends prisoners. I don't think it cares how many open cells you do or don't have.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 27, 2014, 05:38:31 pm »

You can manually choose to stop more prisoners from coming.  It also tells you upfront how many prisoners it is sending to you.... or should anyways.  Havn't booted up a19 yet.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:42 pm »

Always build the holding cell first, then cells. Otherwise you'll run into problems.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 27, 2014, 07:32:15 pm »

Yeah, I did stop it so I could build the whole thing. It's just that I've always had my first load of prisoners be 8 of them. Hence my surprise when there was 13.

The 8 prisoner thing was changed ... hmm. Probably a good 5 months ago or more.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 27, 2014, 09:56:49 pm »

You might want to read the feature lists for the past year.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 27, 2014, 10:51:06 pm »

Tried it again, and my prison was fucked right from the get-go.

Make the prison, use grants to make some extra cash to finish it off, have 8 cells, will expand to accommodate more prisoners later, since only 8 prisoners arrive the first time.

Then, prisoners start arriving. Yay! Wait, why's there a second truck?

Seems they have changed it. There were 13 prisoners, and I didn't have the money to even make a holding cell :I

If you don't have any guards you can leave them in the delivery area for ever, it's a nice trick and earns you a bit of cash.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 107