Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238049 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a28) - New look for Xmas
« Reply #1095 on: January 30, 2015, 11:44:57 am »

Alpha 29 is upon on us.

Key notes:

-The game will go 1.0 this year sometime. That doesn't mean it will stop development, it will just lose the Alpha tag. But I expect that means the campaign will be finished this year.

-Libraries for prisoners to get books and spend their time reading instead of shiiving each other. It will satisfy their Literacy (intellectual stimulation) need.

-Chapels. Multi-faith prayer rooms that function like class rooms, with various religious leaders coming into lead prayer. Will have a calming effect on your prisoners for a few hours, and will cause them to radiate a bit of calm as they walk around which might cool off other prisoners who are getting worked up. Will satisfy their "Spirituality" need.

-Parole rooms. Finally! So there's a new room for Parole Hearings, again like a classroom. Your Warden, Police Chief and Lawyer are the teachers and inmates who have completed 50 and 75% of their term get scheduled for a hearing. The game calculates their chance of reoffending and you can set the reoffending threshold for release. (So guys will be paroled if they're at this value or lower.) Big feature this, one of the last outstanding prison features they'd yet to implement. If you parole them early and they don't reoffend, you get $3k per prison. If they do reoffend, it costs you $10k. And yes, if you deny a prisoner's parole, they might get pissed and attack the warden and others in the room.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:47:13 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 30, 2015, 12:34:34 pm »

Worth noting that only a third of your prisoners have spiritual needs and only your more intellectual prisoners have literacy needs.

I'm not sure if it's in, but they mentioned parole eligible prisoners getting upset if you fail to give them a hearing.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: January 30, 2015, 12:42:03 pm »

Watching the video.  Parole happens at 50% of term and 75% of term.  Their re-offending rate is essentially accurate, and you get awarded 3K for not reoffending, and 10K penalty if they do.  You can specify what percentage of chance they can be released, so 20-25% seems the best.  You'll release 4 prisoners, and 1 will re-offend, getting you 9k in bonus and 10k in penalty, or release 5 and get 12k penalty 10k.

When they go to their parole hearing, if they're denied they become very upset for a long time, contributing to their overall bad mood.  Additionally, the more violent prisoner types can immediately attack people in the parole room.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 30, 2015, 12:44:58 pm »

Optimum reoffending chance to do is very very close to 23%. Assuming the prisoners' chance of reoffending is totally even. Obviously it actually depends on the distribution of reoffending chances though, in order to maximise the number of money made.

MATHS
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:48:49 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 30, 2015, 12:48:50 pm »

How is 3000 or 10000 related to the prisoners you have?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: January 30, 2015, 12:49:56 pm »

You get 3000 money for a good parole and lose 10000 for a parole where the prisoner commits more crimes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1101 on: January 30, 2015, 12:49:59 pm »

Those are the amounts you are fined/given as a bonus for prisoners granted parole.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 30, 2015, 12:51:40 pm »

Optimum reoffending chance to do is very very close to 23%. Assuming the prisoners' chance of reoffending is totally even. Obviously it actually depends on the distribution of reoffending chances though, in order to maximise the number of money made.

MATHS
Yes, but it appears to be on a ticked slider, so 20% seems to be the key.
Those are the amounts you are fined/given as a bonus for prisoners granted parole.
Appears to be a flat number based on all prisoners.  Which means your min-sec might actually become profitable again when you can churn them out quickly and get the monies.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 30, 2015, 12:55:36 pm »

Derp.
I was looking at it the wrong way then. ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1104 on: January 30, 2015, 12:55:41 pm »

Good point! Intake min-sec, beat the shit out of them until reoffending chance is <20%, parole and profit.

Alternately I you could give them education and reform programs I guess but really who does that.

(I do sometimes...)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 30, 2015, 01:01:19 pm »

Laundromats and armed guards FTW.  Laundromats are a place they work compulsory, and armed guards supply to their 'am supressed' mood.  So you can max out their Security and Reform bars, because Laundromat counts as a work station even if they're not doing any work.  Split the other time into yard for workouts and feed them well, might max Health as well...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1106 on: January 30, 2015, 01:11:53 pm »

For that matter why can't we import dirty laundry and run a prison laundry business. I want to exploit poor minsec prisoners for corporate gains dammit!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 04, 2015, 09:20:54 am »

Damnit, loaded up the new version and got back into it.  Lost all the time.

I've come to the conclusion that I do not like the fact that I have to spend so much time vetting all incoming prisoners for snitches and ex-cops... if I want to avoid getting penalties for deaths while in custody.  Actually, the UI experience for the whole process for getting the info and acting upon it is cumbersome. 
Alternatively, I guess I could not give a shit, but with poor RNG, but I'd probably 'lose' the game.  I probably shouldn't have checked the 'can lose' button.  I just want to set up a massive prison of +500 maxsec inmates with continuous intake and leave it on to play itself for a day or three.

Also, libraries... waiting for people to be edumacated after you start a new prison.  Forever Empty.  Lowsec prisoners do not stay long enough to be edumacated.  Normalsec, well screw them too.
Do bookshelves work now?  Or still does nothing useful?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 04, 2015, 09:28:22 am »

I think it takes too long to get the information on whether someone is a cop or snitch. First getting the relevant staff, research, etc...
The only way I've managed to save the first one or two is to savescum. Then having to build an isolated area from the start is kinda annoying.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 04, 2015, 10:16:35 am »

How many dead snitches/copsprisoners is too much anyways?  Is it based on number of deaths over X time period?  Or a total max?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 107