Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238053 times)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect - Version 1.0 Release!
« Reply #1410 on: November 17, 2015, 10:41:03 am »

Except prisoners have traits like stoic/fearless.  I have armed guards patrolling the cells too. 

Seriously though, luxury solitary works for me and my playstyle.  Forever angry prisoners ain't a problem to micromanage... and a +24 hour timeout keeps them out of trouble for that long.

True. Betrays the fact I haven't played in a while: I had forgotten about those traits.

It's a bit wonky that solitary means spa for those immune to suppression, and especially legendaries. So a tangential question: are executions properly implemented yet?

Ideally, perpetually problematic, genocidal super prisoners would end up first in line to the chair. Crimes committed in the prison weren't properly computed into the prisoners' history: I don't remember they even added years to the guy's sentence, back when I last played.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: November 17, 2015, 10:48:56 am »

Execution is still only for Death Row prisoners, I think. Everyone else you can just perma-brig if you need to, and they'll get fed. Probably.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: November 17, 2015, 11:08:10 am »

eh, i once tried building a prison entirely composed of 1-tile solitary cells and a big canteen.

didn't have enough staff to feed them all.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: November 17, 2015, 11:14:17 am »

Did you also have a kitchen?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: November 17, 2015, 12:33:58 pm »

i think i did, yeah.
i confused canteen and kitchen, there.
might also have been the fact that there were literally a bit over a thousand cells, so the staff just couldnt get there on time.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: November 17, 2015, 12:42:11 pm »

Well, make eating time ALL the time.  And have multiple smaller canteens and kitchens dotted around the place for coverage.

And having over 1k filled cells should afford you over 400 guards and still allow you to make a killing...  Considering that you can minimize a lot of other expenses.

EDIT: And its not like it matters if they die from starvation... it doesn't count against your statistics. (Unless that changed.)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:44:11 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: November 17, 2015, 12:50:39 pm »

are these 1x1 solitaries?  are you filling them with max-sec or supermax?

I thought the supermax guys were supposed to be able to tear down solitary doors if they decided to.  Dont they decide to riot eventually if you dont give them beds or attend to any of their needs? 

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: November 17, 2015, 01:30:24 pm »

supermax? you mean legendaries?

anyway, i just had maximum intake for everyone, all the time. except death row, i guess. its hard to fill 1000 cells when the prisoners already inside keep dying.

not that i cant just use sandbox mode for this, but oh well.

a big problem was also constructing the thing. the copying feature has a size limit and builders kept getting themselves/materials stuck at any point where two walls intersected, or they wouldnt get anyone stuck at all, which is just as bad because you have to deconstruct one of the walls for them to be able to build on that tile.

even with like a hundred builders it took AGES.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: November 17, 2015, 01:57:23 pm »

a big problem was also constructing the thing. the copying feature has a size limit and builders kept getting themselves/materials stuck at any point where two walls intersected, or they wouldnt get anyone stuck at all, which is just as bad because you have to deconstruct one of the walls for them to be able to build on that tile.

even with like a hundred builders it took AGES.
Build along '1 line' at a time to prevent that.  Wait till they build the wall up before adding in the next set.  Far less micromanagement shenanigans to deal with.  Or I guess build it unevenly, which is like blasphemy to me.

Also, should still be making oodles of money on intake alone.  Their survival ain't needed to collect.

And supermax isn't a prisoner type, its an optional designation you can put em in, like protective custody.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: November 17, 2015, 02:30:07 pm »

ah, I thought legendaries/supermax were a step up from high-risk/maxsec.  no extra funds from that prisoner type?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: November 17, 2015, 02:45:58 pm »

ah, I thought legendaries/supermax were a step up from high-risk/maxsec.  no extra funds from that prisoner type?
You don't get to know which ones they when they show up, so nope.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: November 17, 2015, 02:56:43 pm »

You get the money from the security you assign them (supermax $ = maxsec $). Which I guess is why everyone who plays this sets everyone to at least Max. Traits give no extra cash.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: November 17, 2015, 03:01:39 pm »

Setting everyone to max takes effort, though, and I'm pretty sure they equalized the per-day profit regardless of status when they gave you the intake bonus thats higher for max sec and lower for other-sec.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 17, 2015, 03:43:57 pm »

It does take a lot of effort.  Micromanagement I specifically ignore. 

I have zero problems with making money. 
Staff: 150-ish guards, 10-ish armed guards, 30-ish dogs, 50-ish cooks... 
Other expenses: high/high meals... and 10k daily cost on reform programs
Population: 300-400 out of my 500 prisoners are lowsec.
Finances: 15k-20k in the green, daily
Fun Note: Shop pays for daily prisoner wages less some amount, I've got everything but the Workshop. 
Opened mail apocalypse every day in dorms and holding cell... especially the holding cell.  Glad that stuff disappears on its own... else I'd need a full time cleaning crew just working on that...
Its a 'new' prison, after Update#1, but roughly 30 snitches and ex-types have been shanked so far.

I'm not done with the prison yet either...  I've still to heavily expand housing for medsec and maxsec... and by jah, I need to tear down a few sections too.  It ain't 'right' yet.

EDIT: The sad thing is that I've still yet to get a gang leader after all this playtime.  Still need to section out some common rooms or something, specifically for the gangs to takeover...  Bastards are pretty rare.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:52:22 pm by Zangi »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 17, 2015, 11:33:15 pm »

EDIT: The sad thing is that I've still yet to get a gang leader after all this playtime.  Still need to section out some common rooms or something, specifically for the gangs to takeover...  Bastards are pretty rare.

Part of this might be due to your prison being primarily low-sec. IIRC medium-sec and high-sec have increasingly higher chances of being gang members compared to low-sec.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 107