Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239023 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect - Version 1.0 Release!
« Reply #1515 on: July 28, 2016, 09:53:27 am »

yeah if they can expand on the engine there are plenty of setting and themes to reuse it for and as long as they put in a couple interesting evolutive mechanics they'll be set for a long time

especially if it goes well on mobile

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 28, 2016, 10:54:27 am »

Seriously, what the hell is REDACTED ?

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 28, 2016, 11:03:50 am »

Subversion.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1518 on: July 28, 2016, 11:22:20 am »

Subversion. It was a planned game where you would infiltrate fully simulated buildings by disabling alarms or using explosives or whatever and steal or accomplish some other objective. It was supposed to have realistic physics, simulated alarm systems, wiring, phone lines, etc. Do you could do some real mission impossible shit.

They never really had an idea how to make it a game, just a lot of framework and iirc they almost ran out of money

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 28, 2016, 12:06:08 pm »

You can still read all the old devlogs to get an idea of the project.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 28, 2016, 12:21:25 pm »

Also, looks like we'll never get those improvements to deployment that would let me exclude supermax prisoners from shared areas :/
Make a separate hallway/room between shared area and supermax.  Designate that as no prisoners allowed. 

If that doesn't work... you'll have to accept that supermax can access public areas or build a whole separate wing that could accommodate everything. 
Same principal applies to snitches, if you even bother to protect em. (Though, there is a mod that could auto-sort em for ya.)

EDIT: Well it does work, I mean if it doesn't work for how you've designed your prison.
It doesn't work. Supermax prisoners will always eventually get put into a cell in the shared area. Especially with the cell quality system which makes no real sense...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 28, 2016, 12:22:09 pm »

true that. the LIDAR thing looks like a tech demo with little interesting gameplay tbh. Its very pretty though

They could do what The Witness did. Make a story and that's the game.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 28, 2016, 01:01:31 pm »

Huh... never did have that problem come up, I usually have more then enough cells to fit all the supermax folks. But I havn't played since sometime after female prisoners was introduced.

Typical layout of cells exclusively for max and medsec.  A whole section exclusively for super and shared cells for minsec plus overflow from max and medsec.

Though... shared cells usually are the lowest quality cause who cares about minsec... while super gets a range of lowest to best quality.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1523 on: July 28, 2016, 01:05:34 pm »

true that. the LIDAR thing looks like a tech demo with little interesting gameplay tbh. Its very pretty though

They could do what The Witness did. Make a story and that's the game.
I never played it. Did it have anything other than story? I still maintain that the so-called 'walking simulator' genre are barely games. I'm thinking of such classics as The Path and Firewatch.

If all we're going to do is shoot a LIDAR at cave walls and listen to story exposition, I'll probably give it a pass. I can read novels or listen to audiobooks without the fancy lidar gameplay

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 28, 2016, 02:23:59 pm »

Lidar lets you hide things in plain sight. That's about it. It's just a different sort of puzzle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 28, 2016, 05:17:12 pm »

I mean Assassin's Creed 2 had walking simulator portions.  In a way its kind of a cool mechanic, take something that would normally be a cutscene and make it interactive.  IIRC there's a scene in Twilight Princess where you're trapped in a cell, and the game is fully playable but all you can do is wait for someone to come free you.  Pretty intentionally infuriating.

Of course there's a difference between selectively using a mechanic and building your entire game around it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 28, 2016, 05:22:26 pm »

TBH the novelty of those walking and talking scenes gets old, because AC used them to death. At the end of the day, just give me a cutscene. Or at the least, don't make me do stuff like have to actually keep up with the target while holding a conversation.

I think I recall one AC game where there was one of those scenes and I think I started a fight in the middle of it and shit went all crazy.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 28, 2016, 06:01:47 pm »

I think the worst part of those scenes is when your running speed is too fast to keep up with somebody and your walking speed is too slow.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 28, 2016, 10:56:57 pm »

Might make sense if you could match target speed in a sneaky assassination game.

Wasn't the impression given that the LIDAR game is horror themed?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 29, 2016, 02:48:45 am »

Was it? I thought it was just exploration for now, with much thought to drives or goals?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 107