Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542858 times)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - An Undead Adventure!
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2012, 11:34:02 am »

((Sorry for being out for like a day.))
Try to laugh.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter One: Who's Laughing Now?
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2012, 12:42:14 pm »

Chapter 1
Who's Laughing Now?

Having received all the information they need, James, Bruce, Jordan and Samuel proceed out of the tomb and onto the road, leaving both Philip and Vincent behind.

All four of them proceed on the trail away from the cottage. They venture through the foreboding woods for about a quarter of an hour until they reach the cobbled road to Richardsburgh. From here, you can go to the east and to the west.

[Bruce willpower: 1]
[James willpower: 6]

Suddenly, Bruce starts screaming!

"There's no way out! It's a labyrinth, I tell you! A labyrinth! We're all going to DIE!"

He is about to collapse in hysteria when James, visibly irritated by his panicking, punches him in the liver, where the melancholic and choleric fluids are said to reside!

[James strength: 4+1=5]

Bruce is too preoccupied with thoughts of imminent death to try and dodge the blow, and it connects! There is a flash of clarity in his eyes! The fear inside him reels! He straightens out and clears his throat.

"Right then. Where were we?"

James has KO'd Bruce's fear! Who knew physical violence was a viable method of psychiatric treatment? Science has triumphed once more!

Jordan, meanwhile, decides that he's had enough of walking around unarmed and proceeds east, away from the rest, looking for some people to waylay and rob.

[Jordan search roll: 1]

Jordan proceeds, moaning about the walk like any true zombie would. There don't seem to be any people around here. There is a little bear, though. He attempts to rob it, but it doesn't seem to have anything worth stealing. He starts to ponder how best to execute it for this horrible insult when a far larger, angrier bear shows up, murder on its mind. Specifically, Jordan's murder.

At the same time, Samuel chooses to go west. In less than an hour, he has reached the small village of Richardsburgh. Richardsburgh is composed of fifteen small houses spaced in a circle around the major landmark of the area, the Errant Spark Inn. The inn is famous throughout the north for its service quality, friendly staff and well-trained servi. It is also the prime hangout for students of the nearby Erland University of Divine Mysteries, also known as the University of Magic. As such, it gets vast amounts of traffic throughout the year.

Samuel walks through the peaceful village and settles down in the shadows near the front entrance of the inn, waiting for some drunk, hapless victims to come out.

[Drunk, hapless victim roll: 3]

The door opens, and Samuel hears the sound of a jolly folk tune played on a lute and accompanied by many singing voices. A mildly inebriated gentleman of about 30 or so years dressed in peasant clothes comes out of the inn. He is carrying a splendid oaken walking stick. He is slowly walking towards the edge of the village, admiring the object in his hands.

"Man, I should cheat at cards more often! Wait till my wife and kids see this! They'll be so happy to hear that they don't need to do any slave-work this week!"

Samuel decides that this victim is about as good as any.

[Samuel vs. Cheater: 6 vs. 5-2 (surprised and mildly inebriated)]

Samuel leaps from the shadows with skeletal alacrity and grabs the Cheater! Using the power of pent-up frustration and greed, he locks his bony arms around his neck in an iron grip and tries to snap it! He doesn't really manage the neck snap, being somewhat of a novice at killing people, but he does crush his trachea nicely after about five minutes of effort! The Cheater suffocates, having never seen this coming until it was too late.

Time to loot! Samuel grabs the splendid oaken walking stick and carefully undresses and searches the farmer. He finds fifteen copper coins and some loaded dice! He takes them and grabs his clothes, too. Having looted everything, he returns to the shadows.

Meanwhile, back at the mausoleum, Vincent attempts his signature laugh. Having no vocal chords, he has to settle for chattering his teeth like some infernal contraption of amusement.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:05:39 pm by Harry Baldman »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2012, 12:46:53 pm »

Tally ho! Onwards to the inn!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2012, 12:57:08 pm »

"O.k. here's the plan, I find out his room number and wait outside the window, while you tell him their's a "Lady surprise" of the lap dancer kind, you sit him down and we kill him and get a meal!"
To th inn, find the inn keeper find out the room, team vampire go!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2012, 01:59:27 pm »

Samuel will wear the clothes as best he can for now, hopefully to hide his appearance. The stick should make a mediocre weapon. Keep the dice; - They may come in handy. Then, carefully explore the outside of the inn, looking for a back-entrance or some-such, so as to make the...Future task...Easier when his comrades come.

Woo-hoo, skeleton arms.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2012, 02:39:00 pm »

Go to the inn.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2012, 03:27:54 pm »

For perhaps the first time in his life... death... ever, Philip is happy to learn that someone is a practitioner of magic. Perhaps this "Skip" fellow can break the necromancer's curse. "Alright, I think I understand my situation. But before I go, shouldn't I know your name? Or would you prefer that I just called you 'Master'?"

((Wait, do we know the necromancer's name yet? Is it Bradford?))
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2012, 04:02:09 pm »

Still inside the mausoleum, Philip asks the necromancer:

"Alright, I think I understand my situation. But before I go, shouldn't I know your name? Or would you prefer that I just called you 'Master'?"

The necromancer seems delighted at that last word.

"My name is none of your business. You may call me 'Master', yes. That would be ideal."

He chuckles. It's certainly a chuckle you'd rather never have to hear again.

"Anyway, shouldn't you be getting to work, minion? Even the freak has gotten a clue already," he says, pointing at the departing Vincent.

James and Bruce decide to go to the inn. They are trailed closely by Vincent, who is about to call out for them to wait up, but then remembers once more that he can't speak. He chatters with amusement at this reminder of his new, slightly more cursed existence. It doesn't take them too long to reach the inn, where they come upon the naked, strangled corpse of a man. They can see a scarecrow-like figure skulking in the darkness, seemingly the culprit in this gruesome murder-robbery.

Unbeknownst to them, the figure is none other than Samuel, having put on the farmer's clothes as well as he can. At least you can't immediately tell that he's an animated human skeleton running around performing mischief. It would be one of the top five guesses, but still. And now he has proper pockets to keep his cheatin' dice in! Unlife is currently looking good for Samuel in more ways than one!

Figuratively flush with his terrible triumph, the false scarecrow decides to look for a back entrance to the inn.

[Samuel searching roll: 1]

Not very shockingly, there is an entrance on the other side of the inn, right next to the village's cesspool! As in, right over it. On a sort-of balcony one story above ground-level. There appears to be a rolled-up rope ladder on the top of the balcony. A servus entrance, perhaps? Looking at the state of the cesspool and the splashed... uh... matter on the wall, they use the balcony for emptying chamberpots. Convenient, you suppose.

As the figure disappears into the night, the three new arrivals decide not to follow it just yet. Bruce uses the uncomfortable silence to explain his plan of misleading Skip about there being whores in his room, then taking advantage of his disappointment to drain his sweet, sweet vitae. Not waiting for a reply, he storms into the inn, leaving Vincent and James standing over the corpse.

Bruce enters the inn and finds a scene of glorious merriment awaiting him. There are no less than thirty people drinking, laughing, making jokes and enjoying the pleasant atmosphere in the main room of the inn. Judging from their garb, at least five of them are magic-users. Students, it seems. In the middle of it all is a handsome man with long blond hair and beard. He doesn't quite match the necromancer's picture, but you'd wager that is Skip Rogers. He appears to be telling a riveting story of some kind to six other people with him. One of them is the beautiful dark-haired woman the necromancer spoke of. She is sitting in Skip's lap with his arm around her shoulder.

Having confirmed the target's location, Bruce walks up to the most innkeeper-like person he can see around here - the barkeep.

[Bruce-barkeep-schmooze-go: 1 (GM's Note: I would advise taking back what you said about random.org's mother)]

"So, I'd like to find out where this Skip Rogers person is staying. You see, I have an urgent shipment of whores to deliver to his room, and Monsieur Rogers does not like to be waiting. So, keys. In my hand. Now. Chop-chop."

The barkeep says nothing.

"Did you not hear me, sir? Whores. Need. Delivering. Right now."

He appears to be staring at your fangs. Uh oh.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:08:41 pm by Harry Baldman »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2012, 04:09:02 pm »

"Ah yes the fangs, ha ha, if i had a nickle for every time, i work for sleazy vampire whores, and due to having an idiotic boss we have to wear these fangs on job or we get fired, so yeah room key?"
Lie like a compulsive liar when he is lying.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 04:12:35 pm »

"Ah yes the fangs, ha ha, if i had a nickle for every time, i work for sleazy vampire whores, and due to having an idiotic boss we have to wear these fangs on job or we get fired, so yeah room key?"
Lie like a compulsive liar when he is lying.

((Mind giving me a color for your character? You don't have to use it in your posts, I'll just use it to paint your speech and character name.))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 04:15:21 pm »

Samuel will ignore the horrible cess-pool, and lurk around the inn more. What else can he do? Not like he can walk in the inn. If Bruce runs out, try and whack anybody chasing him on the head with the stick of doom.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2012, 04:18:15 pm »

Exit the mausoleum through the doorway, and head for the inn. Do not try to avoid being spotted, but phase through ground if attacked, and continue on my way while underground.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2012, 04:19:02 pm »

Head inside and bail Bruce out.

Since red, green and purple are taken, I'll go for grey
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 02:04:39 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2012, 04:20:11 pm »

Head inside and bail Bruce out.

Since red is taken, I'll go for green.

((Jordan's got green. Pick another one, please.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2012, 04:39:08 pm »

((Dark Blue.))
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 719