Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540880 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #2565 on: January 25, 2013, 01:58:12 pm »

((For fucks sake Harry, you just made me roll to do something Yorinnsud learnt to do as a child. It's like making someone roll to take a dump.))

((Making someone roll to take a dump could have some hilarious results tough. Especially if you start slapping modifiers on it.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: January 25, 2013, 02:06:41 pm »

"Oh, y'see, some guy's trying to have me scare people off. Something about a mage or stuff like that. Got nothin' better to do."

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: January 25, 2013, 02:23:00 pm »

"Ooooh a demonic book of evil, bet this will get me a bit of recognition with the three mages"
Sneak in, grab it, DO NOT READ IT, go find the demon summoning mage
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: January 25, 2013, 03:43:00 pm »

In the Temple of Velusius...

Darren starts to explain his existence to the looters. After his three-sentence explanation is done, the looters breathe a sigh of relief. They explain that they thought they were the victims of divine retribution or something and that it's a bit of a relief to find out that it's just a mage screwing with them. Actually, it's a great relief, what with them currently looting a treasure chamber devoted to the god of magic and death while being, you know, mages.

Darren says he's glad to help.

The mages say they're glad to be helped.

[Mage reaction roll: ?]

They then proceed to start whispering to one another ominously.

In a ritual chamber of some kind...

Luke nabs the book lying around the room without taking a closer look and starts to actually look for the demonologist guy.

[Search roll: 4]

He can say with reasonable certainty that he probably isn't in the basement, considering that the secret door was closed when he entered and he doesn't recall seeing a switch to close it from the inside.

[Intelligence roll: ?]

He gets the sneaking suspicion that he might not be anywhere inside the temple either. Just a hunch, mind you.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: January 25, 2013, 04:46:03 pm »

"I should leave soon, but theirs so much loot..."
Look for loot 3: The search for loot.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: January 25, 2013, 04:47:56 pm »

Try to find a window and fly out of it.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: January 25, 2013, 05:03:49 pm »

"Yeah... So you've got to, y'know, leave and stuff."
Sink back into the coins. If they don't leave, go ghostly ventriloquist on one and convince the others to leave.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: January 25, 2013, 10:23:26 pm »

Mark just stared as his friend seemed to con the angel like figure then after he got warped to a court he left and went to the inn for some legs repair that had been put on hold for too long

(I am assuming that I could understand the bitch angel but not my buddy)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: January 26, 2013, 12:53:11 am »

Pull self up straight, act with dignity.

"Because not only did I not know of said rule, my birth AND my death both predate it's creation thus it cannot possibly apply to me. Also, the definition of a plea in the legal sense is saying that you are guilty or not guilty. A sentence is completely different, a fact this buffoon does not seem to understand. In any case, this being assualted me when I followed his instructions and destroyed my body. I expect compensation. Now, as to the 'verdict' he wrongly inflicted upon me, I am already dead. Sentencing me to death is redundant and he stated the options as death, atonement or exile. None of those specifies destruction of the body. Thus, when the law is followed to the letter I cannot be punished for breaking it. In fact, I am fairly certain that this law has NO provisions for the undead or those in other unusual situations. This is why I am not guilty and why I demand to either be restored to a repaired body or taken to someone who can facilitate this."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: January 26, 2013, 12:54:34 am »

Yorrismund, Ancient Barbarian Attorney.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: January 26, 2013, 12:56:25 am »

I am getting out of this either the same or better than when I entered it. Even if I have to sue the gods themselves.  :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: January 26, 2013, 12:58:30 am »

I am getting out of this either the same or better than when I entered it. Even if I have to sue the gods themselves.  :P
I would sincerely like to see you somehow prove that your goddess is real despite the gods themselves telling you no.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: January 26, 2013, 01:08:31 am »

I would sincerely like to see you somehow prove that your goddess is real despite the gods themselves telling you no.
BUT she IS real. They are just saying she is a demon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: January 26, 2013, 01:10:27 am »

BUT she IS real. They are just saying she is a demon.
You show them that's false! Or if it turns out to be true, convince them to make her a goddess.
Anyhow, I'll stop clogging up the thread.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: January 26, 2013, 02:05:17 am »

In the basement of a Velusian temple...

Luke attempts to resist the temptation of loot!

Unsurprisingly, he fails, keeping to the principle of "loot now, questing later" that has served him well so far.

[Search roll: 6]

He goes out of the ritual room and down the third path from the left. There's got to be something down one of these paths, right? He walks down the path for quite a while, marveling at the strange lack of traps! Eventually he reaches a very heavy-looking door. Heavy-looking doors usually mean one of two things - horrible things or loot.

[Perception roll: ?]

There seem to be voices coming from the other side. One of them sounds kind of familiar, actually.

In a treasure room...

Darren points out that the looters really should leave now. And stuff.

[Looter roll: 1]

They reply that they don't think they will. Darren doesn't really respond and remains in the chest he's been hiding in the whole time, though he keeps the set of clothes and swords flying about regardless.

[Looter 1 magic roll: 3]
[Looter 2 magic roll: 6]
[Looter 3 magic roll: 1]

The first one manages to make a tiny spitball-sized ball of glowing... er... something. The second guy does much better, summoning another ball of glowing something the size of about a bowling ball. However, they are all outdone by the third guy, who summons up a third ball of glowing something about three feet in diameter! The three of them gesture in sync, in what is pretty clearly some kind of launching gesture. The first two balls fly well enough, striking the set of clothing and leaving two differently-sized holes in it. Not the third one, though. The third one just explodes, releasing vast quantities of energy right next to the three fellows.

[Looter 1 dodge roll: 6]
[Looter 2 dodge roll: 2]
[Looter 3 dodge roll: 4]

Two of the looters seem used to this kind of thing and dive away immediately! The one who summoned the bowling-ball sized energized globe, however, does not. His reward is far more heat than the human body should reasonably take. He is set on fire and covered in burns!

[Looter 2 endurance roll: 1]

He falls to the ground, screaming for a good minute before going still and silent. The other two mages look at his charred carcass for a bit.

[Looter morale roll: 1]

They agree that they should probably run after this incident. They run over to the door and hurriedly push it open, only to come face to face with what looks like a zombie made of wood. Well, that sure is strange.

In an empty, dusty lounge...

Vincent, not content to wait any longer, looks for a good escape route from this awful place!

[Search roll: 4]

Well, there's the skylight back in the garden. He could fly through that.

[Flying roll: 2]

He has a bit of difficulty gaining altitude in this place, however. The air seems... heavy, somehow. Hm.

In the ruins of a fletcher's shop...

As Mark contemplates what exactly the fuck just happened here, he comes to the conclusion that it's his buddy's problem now, not his. He decides to resume his quest for a pair of legs.

[Search roll: 5]

Wait, down the street over there! Is that... it is! It most certainly is! It's a collection of free-standing skeletons, in an exhibit titled "Glory to Velusius, Our Great Provider"! Most of them look to be entirely real and made of honest-to-goodness real bones! Oh, joyous coincidence! Thank Velusius!

In the court of Almiria...

Yorinnsud launches into a speech about how he should be exempt from the Golden Rule due to technically predating it. And ignorance as well. He also tries to explain the alien notion of pleading guilty or not guilty to the Lower Judge. Furthermore, he points out that he can't be killed due to reasons of being already dead, and demands full recompense of all his bodily assets due to being a victim of a most horrid miscarriage of justice. It's the law and everything.

[Lower Judge interest roll: 2]

The judge rolls her celestial eyes and sighs.

"We always get undead trying to sneak past us with silly technicalities like 'I'm not actually alive' and so forth. It's getting quite boring, actually. They actually believe that we wouldn't have provisions for something that happens virtually every year. Why, the very notion is silly. We've been at this for several thousands of years, after all. And the concept of anyone pleading their guilt or lack thereof in a situation where we likely know exactly what you did, how you did it and even why you did it is equally ridiculous. In fact, if it were up to me, I would get rid of the choice of punishment altogether. Would save a lot of trouble."

"I hear that."

"Finally, you seem to misunderstand the entire creed of the Office of Order. We are not here to uphold the laws of the mortal world. We are here to keep order. Know the difference between those two. Now, unless you wish to plead some more, we should really get on with your execution."
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 719