Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542867 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3375 on: March 04, 2013, 11:29:43 am »

Juuuuuuuust focuuus ooon ooone spoooooot annnd hooope.
Just focus one one of the places i can sense, the pub and try to focus my senses there.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: March 04, 2013, 01:17:14 pm »

"Alright then! When are we starting?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: March 04, 2013, 03:48:40 pm »

Inside a populated basement...

Mark attempts to free himself from the serpent entirely and grab one of the fiendish mages!

[Grapple: Serpent vs. Mark: 2+1 vs. 1+2]

Mark can't quite get free, but at least he does not lose freedom of his limbs! The snake keeps him grounded, and he is just too slow in this state to reach a mage in time for the man's next spell!

[Art magic roll: 4]

Mark feels an odd sensation, almost like he's been doubly chained at this very moment! He feels a strange kinship to both the cold woman in the black robe and the golden-robed man. A kinship backed by death, no less.

"Welcome to the family, minion! When harm comes to us, harm will come to you. And we wouldn't want that, would we?"

"Yeah, better do what we say. Might end messily if you don't."

Damn it all. Mark's binding quota was all filled up for today already!

Looming over Emlocke...

Luke does his best to try and focus on one of the places he can sense!

[Concentration roll: 1-1]

He senses nothing, however. He is nothing. Nothing is he.

He is pink. And he is not. He is negating himself.

[Will roll: 2-1]

And as this journey has proven, his death has been in the cards the entire time. Them's the breaks.

[Will roll: 2-2]

He has but one last thought as his soul, stretched as it is, begins to dissipate. That thought... is pink. Eternal, unending pink. Pink in the mind, pink in the soul. Pink is the ultimate fate of all that utilize it. A pink life or unlife necessitates a pink death. It may not be the natural order of things, but it is definitely the pink flipside of such an order.

Luke feels his soul collect itself into one place again as he speeds away from Emlocke, away from all the violence, magic and magical violence surrounding the place. Just as well. Nothing but trouble, that place. The necromancer, Evelyn, Art, all of them nothing but trouble. Where he's going, there is bound to be peace. Pink peace.

A pink door to a pink realm opens before him, imperceptible to all but the initiated. A jagged pink tendril of the portal tenderly caresses his bruised and battered soul, welcoming it to a new existence. The Great Pink Beyond.

It is more beautiful than anything he may have ever imagined.

Luke has suffered the gruesome fate of total dispersal! At least he's in a better place now.

In a well-secured house...

Darren is excited about the coming festivities! He poses a question to the band leader!

"Alright then! When are we starting?"

"Well, if it goes to plan, after you lock up and make sure there are no open entrances. Maybe put up some barricades. We'd help, but we're busy with the technical aspects, you know."

Ah.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: March 04, 2013, 03:53:00 pm »

((Damn it, bye guys, so ends the tale of Luke, Schrodinger's Zombie.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: March 04, 2013, 03:54:32 pm »

((aaannnd we have the first death of the chapter. Poor Luke))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: March 04, 2013, 04:02:08 pm »

((aaannnd we have the first death of the chapter. Poor Luke))

At least Luke had a... well... unusual adventure to go with his death. Losing six arms in one day and transforming no less than five times in the same period of time is nothing to scoff at, I believe.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: March 04, 2013, 06:52:05 pm »

((I thought it was because of the 'Vampires get confused at intersections' concept that was confusing me. Apparently not; or maybe I just got vampirism in some inexplicable circumstance. Inexplicable is kind of the norm around here.))

"If I start to sparkle... someone will bleed."

Pick up a board, stab a nail into it.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: March 04, 2013, 07:19:01 pm »

Mark hanging his head gets the snake off then waits for orders (throwing skulls if they try to cast more magic) and If none are given leave picking up Gamerlord then collapsing the building on the basement
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:52:03 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: March 04, 2013, 08:39:34 pm »

Darren heads down to the homes owner, ghosting through obstacles..
"Excuse me, is there anything we can block off some of your doors with? Sometimes the crowds we draw can get a bit rowdy."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: March 05, 2013, 01:47:31 am »

Yay Farewell, dear Luke.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: March 05, 2013, 05:44:09 am »

((Alas dear Luke. I hardly knew ye.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: March 05, 2013, 05:55:10 am »

>Timothy nods impatiently to the skeletohippo, awaiting the enlightenment that would allow him to save his friends.

((I swear, if this takes another helpfulness roll...))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: March 05, 2013, 07:50:40 am »

In the streets of Emlocke...

Tom pulls one of the boards from a wall and then attempts to drive a nail through it. Oh, if only he had more than just steel fingers!

[Strength roll: 1+1]

Hey, turns out it's a lot harder to just plain stab a nail through a board than it might look! How unfortunate. Well, maybe he could dual-wield the board and nail in glorious combat instead!

In a populated basement...

As Mark lies on the ground, he realizes that perhaps it is not strictly necessary for him to be grappled by a snake. He tries to get free again!

[Grapple: Mark vs. Snake: 6+2 vs. 3+1]

He slips out of the snake's grasp, then grabs it and straightens it out in his hands, making sure to keep a firm grip on its head. The snake, knowing its better, decides to not resist. Mark stands up straight and pays the utmost attention to the mages.

"He doesn't look like much, to be honest."

"He does not have a weapon, either."

"Let's fix that, eh?"

She begins to cast another spell. Aw, hell no!

[Mark interruption roll: 1]

Mark attempts to grab his other skull shoulder plate, but it chooses to bite off half of his fingers rather than cooperate! The traitorous bit of unworthy bones seems mighty pleased with itself, sitting smugly on his shoulder and grinning widely. Though that might just be because it's a skull.

[Erin magic roll: 1]

Mark's other leg suddenly turns into a runaway cat unconnected to his skeleton, causing the skeleton to tumble to the ground legless. Damn it all, stupid mages!

"Heh heh, whoops."

"Be careful, Erin. He is running out of limbs."

[Erin intelligence roll: ?]

"Ooh, I know! I'll try turning him into liquid first, then make something useful out of him!"

She seems to be getting ready for a new spell. Uh...

In a well-secured house...

Darren ghosts on down to the basement and finds the owner contemplating an odd series of glass containers with swirling colors in them. Pretty!

"Excuse me, is there anything we can block off some of your doors with? Sometimes the crowds we draw can get a bit rowdy."

The owner, startled by Darren's appearance, quickly turns to him with a slightly fearful look. In a second, his look changes to one of calm acceptance.

"You can use some of the wardrobes, I guess. Oh, and I'll lock the door. After all, you seemed to have unlocked it."

He gets up and starts to walk upstairs.

"You'll have to move the wardrobes yourself, though. And don't scratch the floor, I had it recently polished!"

In undefined space...

Timothy, realizing the need for action, not words, chooses to just nod to signify his readiness! The hippo nods in return.

"Right, then. There are five steps that are needed to perform reasonably transitions through undefined space. All of them are incredibly important, so make sure you listen and listen well. Incidentally, that's also the first step - listen. Clear your thoughts and listen to the space around you. Hear its needs, listen to its whims. Undefined space is undisciplined unlike its defined counterpart, it has its whims, phases and fancies that you need to hear and cater to before they obey. Now, the next step is to repeat your request and listen again. Make note of any changes. Step three is a repeat of step two. I cannot stress enough how important it is to listen three times. Undefined space is strange that way. Step four - whatever unclear whims you have ascertained from the whispers of the area, you perform them with the utmost diligence and commitment. After you have done that and satisfied the majority of the voices, you state your own request, at which point the voices should help you if you've correctly interpreted what they said. A good way to know if you've incorrectly heard what they've said is if you hear something an average human being would say. They would probably never say that. And... well, that's pretty much most of the core principles of undefined space travel."

The hippo sort of shrugs. It seems to have said its piece.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:53 am »

Mark flips the mage off to distract him then GTFO before he can cast again
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:53:53 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: March 05, 2013, 04:35:25 pm »

Light the board on fire, throw it into a nearby house. Keep searching for weapons.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 719